Skin Care Talk banner

Lightening Newbie- Need Help :(

4K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  brownskinting 
#1 ·
Hi everyone :)

I've been lurking on here for a while, just trying to gather information. Some questions I had I never got the chance to find an answer to, so I finally made an account :)

I'm trying to enter the skin lightening game. I bought some kojie san soap, and am waiting on my amlactin lotion to arrive. I have an exfoliating glove, so I was going to use these 3 things to help me exfoliate. Question, how many shades am I able to lighten just from using this exfoliation method? I am Meagen Good brown in some areas, and then a Gab Union/Kelly Rowland brown in others. I am uneven all over. I have a lot of discoloration and hyperpigmentation. I should also mention that I have tinea versicolor, which is a skin fungus that also discolors the skin. I am using salycilic acid soap to treat that. And a permatan from years ago that has never went away.

What are also some good lighteners for me to look into? I do not want to use anything with HQ or steroids. I can't seem to find any reliable skin lighteners when I look online, do any of you know any good ones that I can look for? Thanks :)

If I am being realistic, my goal is to lighten to a caramel color. And have overall eveness for my skin.

P.S.- do any of you know how to get rid of stretch marks on the booty?? (This occured naturally during puberty) my booty is also super dark for whatever the reason! Any ideas on how I can fix my butt? :(

Thank you so much for your responses in advance!

See less See more
#3 ·
Okay so here’s my first day update:

I showered with the kojic acid soap and let it sit on my body. It dried on me pretty quickly, so I didn’t rinse it off. Instead, I applied my amlactin lotion right on top of it. (Btw, amlactin STINKS!! I did not know that) the kojic acid soap did not tingle or burn me at all, neither did the lotion. My skin does not feel so dry either. I’m worried if my kojic acid soap is not legit, but I ordered it from flawlessbeauty. Does anyone know if they are reputable? My amlactin is from Costco. I’m going to continue this routine for the next 2 weeks and see if I notice even the slightest difference. How long does it take to notice a change? And how long before I should quit if I don’t notice anything? Another thing, the kojic didn’t really exfoliate I would say, but maybe that’s because I didn’t rinse it off. I washed using an exfoliating glove. Let’s hope this works!

#4 ·
Okay next update. Soap dries up on my skin pretty quickly, I don't know if it's supposed to do that or not? It lathers richly, still no stinging, or burning sensation. Even when I put on the amlactin! I simply shower with the kojie san soap and let it dry on my skin and apply the amlactin lotion. I haven't noticed any exfoliation yet like some people have mentioned. I also dry brushed my whole body before I stepped into the shower BTW! And the soap does not dry out my skin at all! I have heard many people say they need extra moisture because of how drying it is but it doesn't make me feel dry and my skin doesn't feel tight at all! On top of that, the amlactin (which is quite a thin moisturizer compared to other ones I use regularly) does enough in moisturizing my skin for me. Has anyone ever had any of this happen? Is this normal at all? I know people have different skin types so it works differently for everyone, but I am just really shocked because I have super sensitive skin yet feel no effects! I hope it's not a fake :( I'll keep updating each time and let you guys know whatever happens. Hopefully this thread can help someone or they can relate to it!

#5 ·
Lightening Newbie- KOJIC ACID Need Help 😞

Okay so I’ve been doing some research, and the site where I got my soap from (flawlessbeautyandskin.com) isn’t reliable some people have said. Has anyone experienced buying from them before? I hit up some people that live in the Philippines on twitter and I explained my situation to them and they stated that it didn’t really sound normal but told me to try it for a little longer in case. In the mean time, they are shipping me some authentic kojie San soap from their country so if anyone wants any information let me know I’m happy to help! If anyone could write about their experience with kojie San, whether real or fake soap, and where they got it from, that would be so helpful 🙂

#7 ·
Hi everyone :)

I've been lurking on here for a while, just trying to gather information. Some questions I had I never got the chance to find an answer to, so I finally made an account :)

I'm trying to enter the skin lightening game. I bought some kojie san soap, and am waiting on my amlactin lotion to arrive. I have an exfoliating glove, so I was going to use these 3 things to help me exfoliate. Question, how many shades am I able to lighten just from using this exfoliation method? I am Meagen Good brown in some areas, and then a Gab Union/Kelly Rowland brown in others. I am uneven all over. I have a lot of discoloration and hyperpigmentation. I should also mention that I have tinea versicolor, which is a skin fungus that also discolors the skin. I am using salycilic acid soap to treat that. And a permatan from years ago that has never went away.

One to two shades on Luschan's scale., but you'll need some anti-inflammatory to maintain the results if you do not use a skin lightening cream.

What are also some good lighteners for me to look into?

Some topical cream.
I do not want to use anything with HQ or steroids.
You don't want but you will use it. You must wake up very very early if you want to find a products without HQ or steroids. Must of korean product or Thailand products like Guta wink white are free of HQ or Steroid (ASDM BEVERLLY HILLS lotion too), but results are a little bit weak.
I can't seem to find any reliable skin lighteners when I look online, do any of you know any good ones that I can look for? Thanks
:)

If I am being realistic, my goal is to lighten to a caramel color. And have overall eveness for my skin.
What do you call caramel color, you should show the picture of men (women use too much make up).
A good skin lightening soap (not kojic acid soap) and a mild cream can bring you toward your goal.
P.S.- do any of you know how to get rid of stretch marks on the booty?? (This occured naturally during puberty) my booty is also super dark for whatever the reason! Any ideas on how I can fix my butt? :( Exfoliation, anti stretch marks cream and collagen

Okay so here’s my first day update:

I showered with the kojic acid soap and let it sit on my body. It dried on me pretty quickly, so I didn’t rinse it off. Instead, I applied my amlactin lotion right on top of it. (Btw, amlactin STINKS!! I did not know that) the kojic acid soap did not tingle or burn me at all, neither did the lotion. My skin does not feel so dry either. I’m worried if my kojic acid soap is not legit, but I ordered it from flawlessbeauty. Does anyone know if they are reputable? My amlactin is from Costco. I’m going to continue this routine for the next 2 weeks and see if I notice even the slightest difference. How long does it take to notice a change? And how long before I should quit if I don’t notice anything? Another thing, the kojic didn’t really exfoliate I would say, but maybe that’s because I didn’t rinse it off. I washed using an exfoliating glove. Let’s hope this works!
The picture of your soap box worth hundred words.
Okay next update. Soap dries up on my skin pretty quickly, I don't know if it's supposed to do that or not? It lathers richly, still no stinging, or burning sensation. Even when I put on the amlactin! I simply shower with the kojie san soap and let it dry on my skin and apply the amlactin lotion. I haven't noticed any exfoliation yet like some people have mentioned. I also dry brushed my whole body before I stepped into the shower BTW! And the soap does not dry out my skin at all! I have heard many people say they need extra moisture because of how drying it is but it doesn't make me feel dry and my skin doesn't feel tight at all! On top of that, the amlactin (which is quite a thin moisturizer compared to other ones I use regularly) does enough in moisturizing my skin for me. Has anyone ever had any of this happen? Is this normal at all? I know people have different skin types so it works differently for everyone, but I am just really shocked because I have super sensitive skin yet feel no effects! I hope it's not a fake :( I'll keep updating each time and let you guys know whatever happens. Hopefully this thread can help someone or they can relate to it!
Okay so I’ve been doing some research, and the site where I got my soap from (flawlessbeautyandskin.com) isn’t reliable some people have said. Has anyone experienced buying from them before? I hit up some people that live in the Philippines on twitter and I explained my situation to them and they stated that it didn’t really sound normal but told me to try it for a little longer in case. In the mean time, they are shipping me some authentic kojie San soap from their country so if anyone wants any information let me know I’m happy to help! If anyone could write about their experience with kojie San, whether real or fake soap, and where they got it from, that would be so helpful 🙂
Has anyone tried the Marie France Kojic Acid Soap? Or any other brand of Kojic Acid soap that actually works? Any recommendations?
We can compare the skin to a capital. Acting like you do can be compared to someone who entrusts all his capital to a dishonest banker. It is risky to begin a skin lightening journey by exfoliation. You'll pay it sooner or later.

#8 ·
Hi everyone

I've been lurking on here for a while, just trying to gather information. Some questions I had I never got the chance to find an answer to, so I finally made an account

One to two shades on Luschan's scale., but you'll need some anti-inflammatory to maintain the results if you do not use a skin lightening cream.

Some topical cream.
You don't want but you will use it. You must wake up very very early if you want to find a products without HQ or steroids. Must of korean product or Thailand products like Guta wink white are free of HQ or Steroid (ASDM BEVERLLY HILLS lotion too), but results are a little bit weak.
I can't seem to find any reliable skin lighteners when I look online, do any of you know any good ones that I can look for? Thanks

What do you call caramel color, you should show the picture of men (women use too much make up).
A good skin lightening soap (not kojic acid soap) and a mild cream can bring you toward your goal.
P.S.- do any of you know how to get rid of stretch marks on the booty?? (This occured naturally during puberty) my booty is also super dark for whatever the reason! Any ideas on how I can fix my butt?
Exfoliation, anti stretch marks cream and collagen

Okay so here’️s my first day update:

I showered with the kojic acid soap and let it sit on my body. It dried on me pretty quickly, so I didn’️t rinse it off. Instead, I applied my amlactin lotion right on top of it. (Btw, amlactin STINKS!! I did not know that) the kojic acid soap did not tingle or burn me at all, neither did the lotion. My skin does not feel so dry either. I’️m worried if my kojic acid soap is not legit, but I ordered it from flawlessbeauty. Does anyone know if they are reputable? My amlactin is from Costco. I’️m going to continue this routine for the next 2 weeks and see if I notice even the slightest difference. How long does it take to notice a change? And how long before I should quit if I don’️t notice anything? Another thing, the kojic didn’️t really exfoliate I would say, but maybe that’️s because I didn’️t rinse it off. I washed using an exfoliating glove. Let’️s hope this works!
Okay next update. Soap dries up on my skin pretty quickly, I don't know if it's supposed to do that or not? It lathers richly, still no stinging, or burning sensation. Even when I put on the amlactin! I simply shower with the kojie san soap and let it dry on my skin and apply the amlactin lotion. I haven't noticed any exfoliation yet like some people have mentioned. I also dry brushed my whole body before I stepped into the shower BTW! And the soap does not dry out my skin at all! I have heard many people say they need extra moisture because of how drying it is but it doesn't make me feel dry and my skin doesn't feel tight at all! On top of that, the amlactin (which is quite a thin moisturizer compared to other ones I use regularly) does enough in moisturizing my skin for me. Has anyone ever had any of this happen? Is this normal at all? I know people have different skin types so it works differently for everyone, but I am just really shocked because I have super sensitive skin yet feel no effects! I hope it's not a fake
I'll keep updating each time and let you guys know whatever happens. Hopefully this thread can help someone or they can relate to it!
Okay so I’️ve been doing some research, and the site where I got my soap from (flawlessbeautyandskin.com) isn’️t reliable some people have said. Has anyone experienced buying from them before? I hit up some people that live in the Philippines on twitter and I explained my situation to them and they stated that it didn’️t really sound normal but told me to try it for a little longer in case. In the mean time, they are shipping me some authentic kojie San soap from their country so if anyone wants any information let me know I’️m happy to help! If anyone could write about their experience with kojie San, whether real or fake soap, and where they got it from, that would be so helpful 🙂
Has anyone tried the Marie France Kojic Acid Soap? Or any other brand of Kojic Acid soap that actually works? Any recommendations?
We can compare the skin to a capital. Acting like you do can be compared to someone who entrusts all his capital to a dishonest banker. It is risky to begin a skin lightening journey by exfoliation. You'll pay it sooner or later.
I’m confused? A lot of the threads on here say that to start the skin lightening journey, you need to exfoliate the skin for several weeks in a proper manner so that when you do start lightening, it’ll penetrate better in the skin. On top of that, exfoliating helps even out the skin and rid of any permatans and what not. So what am I paying for sooner or later?

#11 ·
I’m confused? A lot of the threads on here say that to start the skin lightening journey, you need to exfoliate the skin for several weeks in a proper manner so that when you do start lightening, it’ll penetrate better in the skin. On top of that, exfoliating helps even out the skin and rid of any permatans and what not. So what am I paying for sooner or later?
It is the proper way to become quickly light. For the rest, I already talked about it.

#9 ·
Hi everyone

I've been lurking on here for a while, just trying to gather information. Some questions I had I never got the chance to find an answer to, so I finally made an account

Some topical cream.

P.S.- do any of you know how to get rid of stretch marks on the booty?? (This occured naturally during puberty) my booty is also super dark for whatever the reason! Any ideas on how I can fix my butt?

I showered with the kojic acid soap and let it sit on my body. It dried on me pretty quickly, so I didn’️t rinse it off. Instead, I applied my amlactin lotion right on top of it. (Btw, amlactin STINKS!! I did not know that) the kojic acid soap did not tingle or burn me at all, neither did the lotion. My skin does not feel so dry either. I’️m worried if my kojic acid soap is not legit, but I ordered it from flawlessbeauty. Does anyone know if they are reputable? My amlactin is from Costco. I’️m going to continue this routine for the next 2 weeks and see if I notice even the slightest difference. How long does it take to notice a change? And how long before I should quit if I don’️t notice anything? Another thing, the kojic didn’️t really exfoliate I would say, but maybe that’️s because I didn’️t rinse it off. I washed using an exfoliating glove. Let’️s hope this works!
Okay next update. Soap dries up on my skin pretty quickly, I don't know if it's supposed to do that or not? It lathers richly, still no stinging, or burning sensation. Even when I put on the amlactin! I simply shower with the kojie san soap and let it dry on my skin and apply the amlactin lotion. I haven't noticed any exfoliation yet like some people have mentioned. I also dry brushed my whole body before I stepped into the shower BTW! And the soap does not dry out my skin at all! I have heard many people say they need extra moisture because of how drying it is but it doesn't make me feel dry and my skin doesn't feel tight at all! On top of that, the amlactin (which is quite a thin moisturizer compared to other ones I use regularly) does enough in moisturizing my skin for me. Has anyone ever had any of this happen? Is this normal at all? I know people have different skin types so it works differently for everyone, but I am just really shocked because I have super sensitive skin yet feel no effects! I hope it's not a fake
I'll keep updating each time and let you guys know whatever happens. Hopefully this thread can help someone or they can relate to it!
Okay so I’️ve been doing some research, and the site where I got my soap from (flawlessbeautyandskin.com) isn’️t reliable some people have said. Has anyone experienced buying from them before? I hit up some people that live in the Philippines on twitter and I explained my situation to them and they stated that it didn’️t really sound normal but told me to try it for a little longer in case. In the mean time, they are shipping me some authentic kojie San soap from their country so if anyone wants any information let me know I’️m happy to help! If anyone could write about their experience with kojie San, whether real or fake soap, and where they got it from, that would be so helpful 🙂
You need to enter the lightening zone with just one mindset,Which is, Your results are not permanent.You have to constantly keep maintaining for the rest of your life.
What works for me will and might not work for you,so to avoid bandwagonning, you have to constantly research on products that works well for you
As for regretting sooner or later,That's just the gospel truth,Your body will bear the toll of these chemicals in more ways than you can imagine.

#10 ·
Hi everyone

Some topical cream.

You need to enter the lightening zone with just one mindset,Which is, Your results are not permanent.You have to constantly keep maintaining for the rest of your life.
What works for me will and might not work for you,so to avoid bandwagonning, you have to constantly research on products that works well for you
As for regretting sooner or later,That's just the gospel truth,Your body will bear the toll of these chemicals in more ways than you can imagine.

My products are literally just for exfoliation 😕 I’m sure I’m not going to have insane effects from that. Everyone exfoliates. And the products I am trying to use are as natural as natural can get in skin lightening. So if anyone can actually answer any of the questions I had above and try to help me that would be appreciated, thanks.

#14 ·
I have read that any lotion is a good base cream! As long as it is moisturizing and (I’m not 100% sure on this so don’t quote me on it) but something unscented and with no dye. Any good moisturizing lotion is good for DIY. I think that’s what you’re asking for, yes? Sorry if I got it wrong! 😞

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.