Skin Care Talk banner

Ingredient to support absorption

43K views 39 replies 9 participants last post by  Zahra Yousaf 
#1 ·
I am on a quest to make a face moisturizer that absorbs easily into the skin. I just sampled one that was made with all organic ingredients that absorbed readily into my skin. The product was l'uvalla age defying day/night cream. It isn't my favorite formulation (scent is too strong, I don't know that I need all of the oils that they have and I'd prefer one made with the actives I like), but I enjoyed how it absorbed into my skin. I wondered if they used cetearyl alcohol cetearyl glucoside to support moisture absorption. I thought cetearyl alcohol and cetearyl glucoside were two separate ingredients but they list it with no comma in between so it appears as one ingredient. I know cetearyl glucoside is an emulsifier but didn't know if it also supports absorption. Would certain appreciate any insight.

The listed ingredients are:
water, hazel seed oil, palm kernel oil, cetearyl alcohol cetearyl glucoside, argan kernel oil, castor seed oil, lotus flower extract, sunflower seed oil, rosewood oil, rose geranium flower oil, lavendin oil, palmarosa oil, wheat germ oil, cypress oil, thyme oil, chlorophyllin-magnesium complex, bitter orange leaf oil, citric acid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.