Skin Care Talk banner

Daily Mail article - Can algae cure acne?

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  gymrat 
#1 ·
I can across an article in the Daily Mail, (UK paper), titled "Can algae cure acne?" Very good article that I recommend anyone with acne or problem skin has a look at. Basically it documented taking a spirulina, (blue-green algae), dietary supplement as well as applying spirulina topically as a face mask.

I've now been taking a low dose of spirulina every day, combining it with a night cream containing spirulina extract, (the DIY mask sounded a bit messy...), and so far I've been really impressed with the results.

Is there anyone else out there who has tried spirulina, and if so were the results also favourable?

#2 ·
Give it a try and see if it works. I don't think it will "cure" acne, but it might help prevent break outs and help current acne heal quicker. Remember with taking any Super Green it may flush out the bad before it gets better.

Spirulina is filled with great things. Here is a great link of everything you need to know about Spirulina.

SpirulinaSource.com | Earth Food Spirulina | Chapter 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.