Unwanted Facial Hair
Page 1 of 3 1 2 Last

Thread: Unwanted Facial Hair

Unwanted Facial Hair

Is there a good way to get rid of unwanted facial hair that is not too expensive? I have been using Vaniqua for several weeks. It was expensive and not doing such a great job. It may have slowed the growth some but, beyond that, there doesn't seem to be much progress.
    Is there any alternatives besides laser treatments and pricy spas? I would rather not deal with this hair ever again.
    I would appreciate your suggestions,
    jkg
    Things I love: OCM, HA and EO Blends, Honey Masks, Lily of the Valley scent and Bubble Baths!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like you are talking about permanent hair removal, and unfortunately I've not heard or read of any.

A friend of mine had laser hair removal on her chin area and it looks fantastic. I think she had a couple treatments and I'm not sure of the cost but it's definitely permanent and she loves it. I think laser hair removal works best on darker hair with light skin but I'm sure you could schedule a consultation at no cost to get info. on it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Threading is not permanent but fast and gentle, a very good solution.
    ♥ Embrace the pale ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Krystalskin View Post
    Threading is not permanent but fast and gentle, a very good solution.
    What is threading?
    Things I love: OCM, HA and EO Blends, Honey Masks, Lily of the Valley scent and Bubble Baths!

threading is a method of hair removal that you can do at home with simple cotton thread. I 've tried it, and it's fairly easy. But it's not permanent.

Threading Hair Removal 101- How Threading Hair Removal Works, Pros, Cons & Prices

Its a process very popular in India which has now gained popularity all over the world. A threading beautician uses a special technique to roll a cotton thread over your skin trapping all your hairs with it. It is THE BEST method for shaping eyebrows but, more so, can remove hair from the entire face, neck etc. very fast and without the irritation and damage caused by waxing.
    YouTube - Philadelphia Eyebrow Threading Ardmore Shanti Medspa
    ♥ Embrace the pale ♥

WOW, this is interesting... I've never heard of this, she really gave the girl a really nice regal shape to her eye brows. I have thick fast growing eyebrows so I have to go get mine waxed every 2 weeks. She charges me 10 bucks each time. So it's a total of 20 for the month, that includes top lip too.

But I don't go to a fancy salon, I do it where I get my mani and pedi, here in Cali we have one of those places in every corner. The girls get really good at it because they have so many girls coming in to get it done!

I going to try the threading method next, does anyone have any idea how much it cost?
    "Yoga is the fountain of youth, you're only as young as your spine is flexible"

Quote Originally Posted by BeautySleep View Post
    WOW, this is interesting... I've never heard of this, she really gave the girl a really nice regal shape to her eye brows. I have thick fast growing eyebrows so I have to go get mine waxed every 2 weeks. She charges me 10 bucks each time. So it's a total of 20 for the month, that includes top lip too.

But I don't go to a fancy salon, I do it where I get my mani and pedi, here in Cali we have one of those places in every corner. The girls get really good at it because they have so many girls coming in to get it done!

I going to try the threading method next, does anyone have any idea how much it cost?
    Beauty to have my whole face threaded I pay $40. I do it about every 4 weeks or so.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Laser is not good for threading if you want than you can do electrolysis.

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements