Skin Care Talk banner

For healthy hair... here's my regimen!!! :)

34K views 89 replies 13 participants last post by  2toned 
#1 ·
Hi sistas
All my stuff are found on Amazon.com

My best friend is this: Profectiv mega growth break free leave in strengthener. Awesome

Another good friend of mine is some empty spray bottles from my local Dollar Tree store.

My best "friends" are my recommendation to YOU :) lol so go get 'em.

Aight let me begin:
My treatment before i wash hair
Sulfur powder (1 tablespoon)
Biotin capsule (4 capsule)
Rosemary oil (4 drop)
Mix together put in hair massage then put plastic cap.

Shampoo hair with lightweight clear shampoo such as Pure&Natural rosemary mint paraben free Shampoo. RINSE
Then apply
Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Cleansing cowash. RINSE
Dry hair with 100% cotton towel.

DO LOC METHOD by:
Apply Profectiv mega growth ^mentioned above^
Put coconut oil to seal
Put moisturizing cream Design Essential deep moisture milk souffle. (Im all for natural hair products but i will do my own moisture cream soon..will update on that)
Then braid or twist my hair for the week.

Tips: stop putting heat on hair, stop combing hair everyday. Patience.

Ladies don't leave me hanging...please chime in

See less See more
#3 ·
Like your hair be patient with the thread. ...lol. I have a long relaxed hair...one of the most loved thing about me (no bragging) but what people don't see is that it has got loads of split ends. I want to go natural but my hair stylist said I will regret it, natural hair is so hard to maintain bla bla and vowed she wont cut my hair.....NOW AM SCARED THAT I WILL NEVER GROW A NATURAL LONG HAIR LIKE MY PRESENT LENGHT

#5 ·
I think am 3C....my hair is not that kinky. Its been over 3 months i relaxed my hair so i guess am transitioning but I haven't made up my mind, am wearing faux locs at the moment to give me enough time to decide.
Gurl, those youtube giirls be giving me hope especially the GlamTwins. As for products, you dont wanna get them online?

#8 ·
"ight let me begin:
Rosemary oil (4 drop)
Mix together put in hair massage then put plastic cap"

Ummmmm where do you get sulfur from? And biotin capsules? Links of you will, please. Lastly, i need someone tangible and potent to regrow edges. Let's say between my edges and History Textbooks, the former goes waaaaaaaaaaaay further back.
:eek: :scratch:

#11 ·
"ight let me begin:
Rosemary oil (4 drop)
Mix together put in hair massage then put plastic cap"

Ummmmm where do you get sulfur from? And biotin capsules? Links of you will, please. Lastly, i need someone tangible and potent to regrow edges. Let's say between my edges and History Textbooks, the former goes waaaaaaaaaaaay further back.
Braunfels Lab Sulfur Powder 2oz. (1 tablespoon is enough for your batch)
Biotin capsules i go by the price point most of the time. But remember to get the ones that 5,000 mcg or 10,000mcg (anything less than these are useless)

#9 ·
OmG hahaaha you guys are sweet. Natural hair will be manageable with the right product :marchmellow:
My first year of being natural was horrible: why? I was using grease on my hair. My hair remained dry (or greasy) and i couldnt style my hair :snooty:

But heres what help me: moisturizing products :)

#10 ·
Here's the products.
Amazon.com :) :)

Eden BodyWorks Cleansing Cowash (better than shampoo it will not leave your natural hair dry. Makes my hair manageable) https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00J...1&keywords=eden+bodywork+cowash&pi=SY200_QL40

Profectiv Mega Growth Leave In Strengthener (awesome . Make hair both strong and soft. Its giving me new growth. Strengthen my ends also) https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003...8-1&keywords=profective+leave+in+strengthener

Once in a while when i want to shampoo my go to is Pure & Natural rosemary mint shampoo ( $1 at Dollar Tree Store. Its lightweight and very refreshing)

When i need to moisturize my hair i use Design Essentials Deep Moisture Milk Souffle (you don't need to use alot, trust me a little goes a long way) https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00U...r=8-1&keywords=design+essentials+milk+souffle

Not only are these products SMELL FANTASTIC, they will make your natural hair healthy!

#16 ·
I once used jamican black castor straight out the bottle on my hairline.. my hair fall out. Profectiv Mega Growth is bringing it back mate.

What are u using on ur edges? 2toned

#17 ·
@jennycute: I used jamaican black castor oil for months and nothing happened. So defeated. I'm currently using pumpkin seed oil (for about 2 weeks) and thinking of using MSM. Im also using Sea Kelp Biofernment (SKB) mixed with aloe vera gel juice mixed with Giovanni leave in conditioner.

I also have keranocyte growth factor (KGF) which i purchased but i haven't used yet. My hairline is totally atrocious.

#18 ·
I have used the Profectiv relaxer once or twice and I liked it. It was easy to apply and mix. They used to have a Profectiv relaxer kit with semi permanent hair color in it. I have to start back using this brand again!

#37 · (Edited)
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (commonly known as SLS) is a widely used and inexpensive chemical found in many mainstream personal hygiene products such as shampoos, toothpastes, mouthwashes, bodywash, soaps, detergents and body wash, along with Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) and Ammonium Laurel Sulfate (ALS).
SLS is a detergent and surfactant which essentially means that it breaks surface tension and separates molecules in order to allow better interaction between the product and your hair. This in turn creates a lather which makes products such as shampoo and toothpaste more effective cleaners. So effective and so inexpensive is Sodium Lauryl Sulfate that it’s found in a number of industrial cleaning agents such as engine degreaser and industrial strength detergents. It’s also widely used as a skin irritant when testing products used to heal skin conditions.

IS SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE A DANGER?

There are conflicting reports published over the years and as a result a lot of unsubstantiated claims being made about the use of Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. Most concerning are reports of links between Cancer and SLS.
A Cause of Cancer?
At this point in time there is no scientific evidence that links the use of SLS to Cancer.
There is healthy debate surrounding the topic of SLS and Cancer, however at this point in time there is no scientific evidence that links the two. This has also been backed up by the American Cancer Council along with the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OHSA) and the National Toxicology Program (NTP).
Although links to Cancer are unproven there are reports of side effects that have been published. One of them a 1983 report published by The American College of Toxicology (ACT) found that even relatively low concentrations, less than one-half percent, might result in harmful skin irritation.
Higher concentrations were responsible for severe irritation and even corrosion of the skin. The International Journal of Toxicology also provides a safety assessment of SLS and recommends concentration levels of no more than 1% in products with prolonged use. This is disturbing when you consider a number of cleaning products have levels of SLS as high as between 10-20% and in extreme cases over 30%.
In short, SLS can cause irritation of the scalp, gums and skin at just 1% and in some people the reaction will be quite strong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.