Skin Care Talk banner

If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

4M views 40K replies 2K participants last post by  mermaidgirl3000 
#1 ·
If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

This thread could be useful for someone that needs to ask a question about skin lightening instead of making a new thread. And if you know the answer you could quote their question and answer it for them. I hope this is making sense.LOL

#36,741 ·
I got this gluta wink white lotion or whatever, when I used it before I didn't notice any changes, tho I only used for 3 days and didn't mix with anything. If I mix it now with a small portion of 70% aha, Kojic concentrate and maybe some vit c serum. Would it be useful for lightening. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ?
Hello, would likean update on this lotion hun. Thanks, all the best.

#36,742 ·
Hi guys could some one help me get this under control... I don't know where 2 start. These blemishes and spots are getting worse.
I would start by stopping whatever products you are currently using. I would get a cleanser with salicylic acid one with at least 2% (read the ingredient listing, this will tell you what % of SA it contains). Use it AM and PM. It will help dry things up. Then if your skin get too dry from using it, I would get jojoba oil and or grapeseed oil and use in place of your moisturizer. But make sure the oils are 100% pure, not mixed with anything else. The most important part is you must stop using whatever product caused this!!

#36,745 ·
If ANYBODY could help with my problem I would be so greatful! I am new btw..

I had hyper-pigmentation due to tweezing - i applied the Himalaya Bleminor cream which lightened the darker skin but inadvertently lightened it more than my natural skin colour.

yes i know, face-palm - my skin went from hyper-pigmentation to hypo-pigmentation ..

but now i can't get the lighter skin back to my natural skin colour because the cream i used contains licorice which contains Glabridin which prevents uvb/sunlight induced pigmentation/melanin production..

so my natural skin pigment will not return until i remove the Himalaya Bleminor from my skin's epidermis... how do i do this?? I have tried mud masks but to no avail,,

any help would be appreciated!

#36,746 ·
I understand how frustrated ure and I must say stretchies' one of the most annoying skin problems...that is difficult to treat/remove

I have some slight ones on my shoulders got from using bad products in the past (year ago)
"BIOTONE"..."SIVOCLAIR"...."CAROTONE"..."RAPID CLAIR" and other products I've forgotten about but these are the ones I remember tho I just can't single what made me get the stretchies but I think these are all part of the culprits)

And "DODO SOAP" gave me little stretchies like scars at my back pelvic Region...yeah "DODO SOAP" did that to me

I Used "DODO LOTION" early this year (for 3weeks) too but I can't tell if it added up making it Worse or Nah

It's been almost 3months since I stopped lightening(just exfoliating using GA/LA) cos of busy school schedules plus I've also decided to focus thoroughly on removing these annoying stretchies that has been an insecurity to me

Cocoa butter..Sheabutter and all these Skinbuilding oils take lot of time...Can even take almost a year to notice a vivid Change on Stretchies"

Well throughout this "almost 3 months".... I've been using rubbing these plus sunscreen

"Meladerm stretchmark therapy "
"Bio Oil"
"Sheabutter "
"Cocoa butter "
"Johnson Baby's oil" (all oils combined in a jar)

I've noticed slight change on 'em

And cos I'm focusing thoroughly getting rid of it I've decided to resume lightening around EARLY MARCH....most at times I'm tempted to use my lighteners tho but I don't get give in lol

Sorry for the long rants lol

But since u wanna get rid of urs too....just stop applying lightening products and pamper ur BODY "WITH SKINBUILDING OILS" for some months

Yh u will lose some "shades"(lightening) tho
don't give up but INCASE U can't wait for that long get LASER TREATMENT if only it's readily available at ur location it's expensive but it's one of the most effective way to erase 'em

Well since ure a Naija base

Most Nigerian ladies claim "PYTHON FAT(snake)" works on stretchmarks I'm in some of their skincare groups and most testify to it that it works" I haven't personally used that though

Some of the group members too claimed "ASPIRIN + LEMON JUICE" and moisturising with "SHEABUTTER "afterwards worked quicker on their stretchies

Hope something works out for u @chiny

#36,747 ·
#36,750 ·
@EmmaGH:yourock:

My dear, I`m battling some on my hips & butt. How is the meladerm? Have been reading mixed reviews about it, have U seen any progress? I have seen improvement using YPO peels; planning on doing a jessner/tca combo peel in Jan & hope it will speed up the progress. Do U know of a laser treatment that works on dark skin?:thankyou:

I understand how frustrated ure and I must say stretchies' one of the most annoying skin problems...that is difficult to treat/remove

I have some slight ones on my shoulders got from using bad products in the past (year ago)
"BIOTONE"..."SIVOCLAIR"...."CAROTONE"..."RAPID CLAIR" and other products I've forgotten about but these are the ones I remember tho I just can't single what made me get the stretchies but I think these are all part of the culprits)

And "DODO SOAP" gave me little stretchies like scars at my back pelvic Region...yeah "DODO SOAP" did that to me

I Used "DODO LOTION" early this year (for 3weeks) too but I can't tell if it added up making it Worse or Nah

It's been almost 3months since I stopped lightening(just exfoliating using GA/LA) cos of busy school schedules plus I've also decided to focus thoroughly on removing these annoying stretchies that has been an insecurity to me

Cocoa butter..Sheabutter and all these Skinbuilding oils take lot of time...Can even take almost a year to notice a vivid Change on Stretchies"

Well throughout this "almost 3 months".... I've been using rubbing these plus sunscreen

"Bio Oil"
"Sheabutter "
"Cocoa butter "

And cos I'm focusing thoroughly getting rid of it I've decided to resume lightening around EARLY MARCH....most at times I'm tempted to use my lighteners tho but I don't get give in lol

But since u wanna get rid of urs too....just stop applying lightening products and pamper ur BODY "WITH SKINBUILDING OILS" for some months

don't give up but INCASE U can't wait for that long get LASER TREATMENT if only it's readily available at ur location it's expensive but it's one of the most effective way to erase 'em

Most Nigerian ladies claim "PYTHON FAT(snake)" works on stretchmarks I'm in some of their skincare groups and most testify to it that it works" I haven't personally used that though

Some of the group members too claimed "ASPIRIN + LEMON JUICE" and moisturising with "SHEABUTTER "afterwards worked quicker on their stretchies

#36,752 ·
@EmmaGH:yourock:

My dear, I`m battling some on my hips & butt. How is the meladerm? Have been reading mixed reviews about it, have U seen any progress? I have seen improvement using YPO peels; planning on doing a jessner/tca combo peel in Jan & hope it will speed up the progress. Do U know of a laser treatment that works on dark skin?:thankyou:
You're always helpful and u rock the most!....ur memes are always hilarious too lol :yess::roflmao:

both fractionated and non fractionated lasers are safe for all skin types.. But it’s still essential for ppl with dark skin to choose a doctor who has experience treating their "skin tone/type"

Other alternatives to treat stretchies are Infini, PRP, microneedling

#36,753 ·
Yeah about the meladerm so far so good..
I can see results I apply it once daily cos it's damn expensive over here and it's quite a lil
Also I use the oils mix the most to be honest it's much better than this over hyped product "BIO OIL" imo.....will add RETIN A too in the mix soon

Pure Emu oil too I heard it's great on that

Hihihi would need u one-on-one for the peels tutorials (YPO & TCA) :twirl:

#36,756 ·
@chiny your comment made me laugh when you said some of mixologist are the devil himself lol but I know dermarolling works good on stretch marks, focus on healing the skin first with heavy butters that will moisturize your skin properly and dash weh di body wash that's the devils tears in a bottle.. after that you can try dermarolling with a 1.55 needle anything smaller I would assume wouldn't work
Girrrl am not even playing, this pple thou!!! lol
I already strted using a Sheabutter mix but i noticed it's more or less just made d stretchies on my butt just really dark

Guess I'll just look in2 getting cocoa butter etc or something.
Am sure that dermarolling will be expensive here in nigeria *sigh*

But i was wondering, CAN I USE MY 20% LACTIC ACID LOTION ON THE STRECHMARKS???

Are u also saying I SHOULDN'T USE MY LIGHTENING CREAM ON D REST OF MY UNAFFECTED BODY PARTS?? @saucey

#36,757 ·
@chiny your comment made me laugh when you said some of mixologist are the devil himself lol but I know dermarolling works good on stretch marks, focus on healing the skin first with heavy butters that will moisturize your skin properly and dash weh di body wash that's the devils tears in a bottle.. after that you can try dermarolling with a 1.55 needle anything smaller I would assume wouldn't work
Girrrl am not even playing, this pple thou!!! lol
I already strted using a Sheabutter mix but i noticed it's more or less just made d stretchies on my butt just really dark

Guess I'll just look in2 getting cocoa butter etc or something.
Am sure that dermarolling will be expensive here in nigeria *sigh*

But i was wondering, CAN I USE MY 20% LACTIC ACID LOTION ON THE STRECHMARKS???

Are u also saying I SHOULDN'T USE MY LIGHTENING CREAM ON D REST OF MY UNAFFECTED BODY PARTS?? @saucey

#36,759 · (Edited)

"Bio Oil"
"Sheabutter "
"Cocoa butter "

Thnks alot 4 d detailed information, u are just a darling.

I'll look in2 dat phyton fat thingy *never really heard much about it*, meladerm stretchmark therapy, bio oil OR the cocoa butter. Hopefully it doesn't mke my butt any darker

I can just imagine how oily ur mix would be, lol
Am still kinda scared of how much getting a laser treatment in nigeria wuld be.

That aspirin and lemon juice method sounds quite interesting
I really wonder how u copied this far without using ur lightening cream EVEN if just on d unaffected areas on ur body??

I GUESS U ARE SAYING I SHOULDN'T USE MINE ASWELL EVEN IF ITS ON D UNAFFECTED NON-STRETCHMARK PART OF MY BODY????

Also, DO U THINK A 20% LACTIC ACID LOTION WULD BE A GREAT IDEA 2 USE ON THEM STRETCHIES??? * i noticed it does itch me quite abit on d stretchmark when i use d 20% lactic acid lotion on them*

IS IT NORMAL???? SHOULD I STILL CONTINUE USING F LA LOTION ON THEM thou???

Girl what skincare group u talking abt???
I'll love to be on that skincare group thou, lolz

#36,760 ·
Yeah the mix is quite oily I apply it on damp skin /rub it well on my body wait for some mins before putting on clothes

Yeah u can stop for ur whole body as ur lightening would be uneven/patchy but if u can't u can still continue using it

Well I use GA/LA lotion+ Sunscreen along with the mix that's y I haven't really redarkened just a little

Well the group is most about DIY thingy and SKIN PRODUCTS Reviews/HEALTH on fb I'm not Admin...
Abeg I would end here about this don't want anyone to think that Im making adverts for diff groups or whatsoever lol

If it makes u itch u need to reduce the la % as it might make it worse plus don't use ur LA lotion on the same day u will manual exfoliate (Soaps)to prevent overexfoliation and I hope ur lightening products don't have much acids though
Try putting hydrocortisone cream on it and or take benadryl when u itch
@chiny