Skin Care Talk banner

Your Lactic Acid Regime

28K views 55 replies 16 participants last post by  Pandy 
#1 ·
Hello and Happy New Years to all!

I've been a lurker on here for years and had a different username and during that time I haven't seen too many people post their results and regime with just lactic acid, I mostly see Threads and Posts about skin lightening creams and Kojic acid soap. So I"m curious as to how most of you been exfoliating with Lactic Acid Peels a on your face and body and have you seen results and if so how long did take to obtain results and hat point were they noticeable. I was using both glycolic acid lactic acid but now I only Lactic Acid because my skin doesn't need anything stronger than lactic acid. I'm just stuck applying it on my body, I don't know if I should layer the peel or not on my body. On my face I've been using 60% and so far I've gotten great results, I noticed that after my skin peels, its tight, pink and shiny but by the next few days it goes back to normal. So if anyone cares to chime in to help those that aren't or maybe are interested in lightening but just exfoliation with lactic acid.

#2 ·
I'm confused on what your question is? Are you wanting to apply 60% peel on your body??

As for your results being tight, pink and shiny, this is totally expected and how your skin should look right after applying.

#3 ·
Well my question is how do you apply the acid to your body? is it being sprayed on or applied with hands and how many layers is needed on the body? Also, I applied 60% Lactic acid to my face yesterday it peeled today and my skin is a little pink and shiny, I used 60% before without any issues before and thougth I'd try three layers of 60% for 10 minutes and washed it of with water and soap and today I peeled in the shower. So I don't know if this normal after peeling from lactic acid... THANK YOU.

#6 ·
You can apply it with a spray bottle to your body if you wish. I have never used higher than 45% LA peel on my face, would not try 60%, it makes me itch way too much. LA shouldn't make you peel, it will cause you to flake. It gives a great exfoliation, but no peeling.

#17 ·
@gymrat Can i layer a 15% Lactic acid lotion every night under my lightening creams without over exfoliating my skin??

Okay maybe 5times a night then moisturize during d remaining 2 nights?
@chiny start out using it every other night and see how you do with it before jumping into every night. Also...........are you doing this same routine on your face cuz if so, this could be whats causing the itchy rash. I personally can't use LA lotion that strong cuz it makes me itch like crazy, and I surely can't use that strong on my face!! :blush: Your body is much thicker skin, but the face is a different story, be careful my friend.

#24 ·
I wish there was a way to test the percentage of LA in a product. That would be soooo useful!

#25 ·
where is it listed in the ingredient listing? Towards the top or towards the end? Are there 20 ingredients and its towards the bottom, then there is little to none. If there are 5 ingredients and its the second thing listed it has a good amount. The other thing is you can always email the company and they should gladly tell you the % in it. @lightboy

#31 ·
So do you guys apply lactic acid lotion every night? Cause I started two days ago and I’m peeling like a b**** and I applied some last night and it itches/burned a bit on the parts that was coming off. It stopped after a while. But at this rate I’m scared I irritate the new skin? What to do?

#37 ·
What Aveeno are you using? And what % of lactic acid did you add to it?

Yes, if its itching/burning the % is too high for you. Stop using it and just use a basic moisturizer. If any areas are pink/red or irritated apply neosporin on those areas daily until it back to normal. Avoid the sun, keep all those peeled areas cover if outside.

#48 ·
@Pandy do you mean NUBIAN HERITAGE? I use their soaps. Infact Nubian Heritage is all i'll use on my face.
i didnt know they have a shea oil with vitamin c ..

You should try their Lemongrass tee trea soap omygaww its AMAZING & soo moisturizing. How is the mango soap (scent, feel, performance,)?

*Nubian Heritage fangirl here* I apologize lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.