Skin Care Talk banner

If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

4M views 40K replies 2K participants last post by  mermaidgirl3000 
#1 ·
If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

This thread could be useful for someone that needs to ask a question about skin lightening instead of making a new thread. And if you know the answer you could quote their question and answer it for them. I hope this is making sense.LOL

#38,101 ·
@EveWM you and I are the same shade! #ShadeTwins

Anyway, you could try Alpha-Arbutin products. Maybe even Glycolic Acid products. Search for the natural lightening thread. There’s hundreds of posts on the subject that may give you some ideas.

Also, are you sure you can’t use Kojic Acid or HQ at all - or just that the concentration you were using is not working for you? Too strong maybe?

#38,102 ·
thank u very much @hipvalley @BrightB93 and @gymrat.. for ur advices.. fall is coming and i prelare some goodies to order..

well i have decided to order sweet unrefined almond oil and rice bran oil.. maybe i will order rosehip too and mix all 3 oils in shea butter for my rebuilding lofion to use everyday..

but gymrat lotioncrafters only carrys normal rice bran oil there is no pure unrefined rice bran oil..

#38,103 ·
thank u very much @hipvalley @BrightB93 and @gymrat.. for ur advices.. fall is coming and i prelare some goodies to order..

well i have decided to order sweet unrefined almond oil and rice bran oil.. maybe i will order rosehip too and mix all 3 oils in shea butter for my rebuilding lofion to use everyday..

but gymrat lotioncrafters only carrys normal rice bran oil there is no pure unrefined rice bran oil..
@mccartney of course there is, heres a link to one, https://www.amazon.com/Unrefined-Organic-Carrier-Pressed-Virgin/dp/B00DV7Y4YM

#38,105 ·
Hey lovelies! I had a question, how do I go about really dark inner thighs? Even when I had my natural complexion they were still darker. my legs are slowly turning into a nice yellow brown tone thanks to carolight & this soap I use for lightening. I also exfoliated with GA lotion before I started btw. I’d appreciate your advice, peels don’t seem like a good idea bc that is a very sensitive area

Attachments

#38,108 ·
#38,111 ·
@gymrat please I’d like to know if I canadd 11grams of alpha arbutin powder to 250ml of CeraVe Moisturizing Cream? I want a super moisturizing cream that lightens as well at say 4 or 5 percent.
I mostly use Mitchell brand serums and gels but I thought I could compound a 4% Alpha arbutin cream. I got AA from lotioncrafter.
Can I add giga white or maxi white ka serum to the mix? Thanks

#38,112 ·
@gymrat please I’d like to know if I canadd 11grams of alpha arbutin powder to 250ml of CeraVe Moisturizing Cream? I want a super moisturizing cream that lightens as well at say 4 or 5 percent.
I mostly use Mitchell brand serums and gels but I thought I could compound a 4% Alpha arbutin cream. I got AA from lotioncrafter.
Can I add giga white or maxi white ka serum to the mix? Thanks
@Hardworkpays yes you can add AA to CeraVe. If you add 10 grms to the 250ml it will make it 4%. Recommended usage for AA is 2%, but I think your safe doing 4%. As for adding the serums to the mix.......no. AA is water soluble, and CeraVe is water based. If you want to use the serums use them separately. Also, I don't recommend jumping in and using so many different things at once. Use 1-2 products so you can keep track of whats working, and what isn't. If you start using several things at once, its hard to know whats working and what isn't, and or which is causing you trouble.

#38,113 ·
@gymrat thanks for the reply. I’ll stick to the 4% AA. It’s just that I’ve been reading online and most DIYers say alpha arbutin doesn’t work. I only wanted to add the giga white or mw ka to the cream to boost it. I just want to have an even medium to light brown skin tone.

Lastly, is the 4% AA cream safe to use continuously say 2 years? Thanks

#38,118 ·
I have a couple of stupid questions haha. I’m planning on using RA on my face at night and LA lotion on my body at night. Do any of you see the same speed of lightening between these two items? Like, I just don’t want to have a pale face and the rest of me haven’t caught up yet, you know?

Since I also want to do weekly LA peels, how do I do that as well as use my RA and LA lotion? I’m guessing I have to wait at least 24 hours before and after my peels in order to use them to avoid over exfoliating, correct?

#38,120 ·
Quick question to anyone who can answer , after a Tca Peel when it has started showing signs of peeling like being dry , and flaky should I moisturise ? Cause normally I do but I read on a thread to no moisturise and just let it peel ?
I moisturise with my shea butter or sorbolene hand cream .

This TCA I have done is different to the
others , normally it’s usally thick and leathery and peels in sheets so far this is just dry and deep flakes.