Skin Care Talk banner

Why your creams backlash

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  lightenme 
#1 ·
Through trial and error I’ve notices a few things that might help anyone who needs it. I’ve noticed that creams backlash because:

1. You don’t moisturize with it.

Most potent creams dry out the skin so bad you’ll think you’re redarkening when really, your skin just lost a lot of hydration with the product that you’re using. To fix this, I always layer amlactin or a thick lotion (like Palmers stretch mark cream) over my products. This has resulted in smoother results for me.

2. You’re not exfoliating enough or you’re exfoliating too often.

I’ve been using Kojic Acid San Soap and I notice when I used it everyday, I would redarken (pih) so I would give it a break for like a month to clear up and not exfoliate at all at some points when using my cream. I think both of these things, unbalanced, caused a lot of my creams not to work properly. I think it’s important to find an exfoliating balance to go along with your regimen like maybe just alternate certain days of the week to do it.

3. You aren’t mixing your products with skin building properties!!

This is a huge HUGE thing I’ve learned since starting my journey. You’re excited and eager to get to your goal of NC40 so you use your product straight out of the tube or mix it with all kinds of different other creams. It’s so important to mix your creams with a mix of things that prevent your results from going haywire. Ever since I learned that I too made this error, I always mix my lighting products with retinol products as well as anti stretch mark creams and super hydrating lotions.

Hopefully these tips help you understand your personal lightening journey a little better. I stay reading tons of threads on certain products and realize a lot of the darkening overnight and stretch mark results could be avoided with the right routine and a good mix of skin building products.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.