Skin Care Talk banner

hydroquinone ups 4% cream not working?

16K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  miched 
#1 ·
Hey, guys i seen derm, two weeks ago about my skin issue. about my face being real dark compared to the rest of my body. she prescribed me with a cream called Hydroquinoneups 4% she said it would get my natural complexion back. ive been useing it for 11 days. and see not one difference. iam doing something wrong? please leave me some feedback

#2 ·
Are you wearing it at night only? Don't wear it during the day.

Are you using rigorous SAP? Zinc oxide 14.5% SPF 50 sunblock and limited sun exposure.

Are you exfoliating before starting your lightening regimen?

#3 · (Edited)
yea i only use it at night. and nop i have not been exoliateing. if you show me a thread with a simple 1 and 2 steps. or just tell me here.. that would be real helpful. i never exfoliated before. alll the threads i seen have like a billion steps. i need something simple steps lol

#4 ·
It sounds like you want good, fast results. If you want that, you do need to exfoliate and do the steps, I know it's annoying and not easy, unfortunately.

If you want good & fast results, it wont be easy.

If you want good & easy results, it won't be fast.

If you want it to be easy with fast results, it won't look good.

#12 ·
You'll need at least four to six weeks to start seeing noticeable results. Your results will also be more significant and appear a little faster if you practice good habits. :)

Everyone else has already said exfoliation, which is vital in skin lightening (all that dead skin in the way dulls your complexion and prevents your product from penetrating well). You said you only use it at night, so I recommend gently exfoliating your face and neck once per night before you apply your product. There's no need to exfoliate more than once per day, as that can over-irritate and even thin out your skin. Wear zinc oxide foundation, maybe a hat, whenever you're out in the sun to prevent re-darkening (you'll need to maintain this habit even after you stop using the product).

You should also use a vitamin C serum! Vitamin C is a great multipurpose agent that gently exfoliates, encourages collagen production, protects from UV rays and gives your skin a bright, healthy glow. It'll definitely bolster your results. I make a DIY vitamin C serum at home and it's one of my favorite products.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.