Skin Care Talk banner

Lactic Acid

43K views 38 replies 11 participants last post by  EmmaGH 
#1 ·
Hi all! I know that this has been talked about so many times so forgive me for being repetitive, however I am still extremely confused on how to make a LA lotion and/or peel. I literally suck at math and I don?t understand how to break any of this down. Just for a quick background - I am trying to use this to target black stretch marks that I have on my waist and bottom area in time for a trip I have coming up in MAY!

Can someone please please help me figure out how to make this lotion? Like, ?for dummies? style ? I have the following and would like to make a 17 or 18 % (or higher if I need to since my trip is coming soon) lotion and peel:

- 10 oz of 90% Lactic Acid
-16 oz of Gold Bond
- A jar which can hold 10 oz of product, so I intend to make 10 oz of lotion.

Can someone PLEASE help with getting me started? I?m so terrible at calculating measurements, etc.

#7 ·
@gymrat thank you sooo much! You?re always extremely helpful. Seriously can?t thank you enough
Your very welcome! Don't let it overwhelm you once you make it a few times you will gain your confidence! We all had to start somewhere :thumbsup: just be sure you mix it well so the lactic is evenly distributed.

#16 ·
i am trying to make an la lotion to help with my stretch marks @gymrat
Ok, so find a base lotion that doesn't contain "carbomer" read the ingredient listing, if it contains carbomer, don't purchase it, find one that is carbomer free. There are lots out there, if you need brands let me know and I will give you some to look for, or tell me the brands you can find and I can help you find one. Then get lactic acid (liquid form) once you have these 2 things I can help you will mixing it together, just give me the amount of base lotion you will be using and the % of the lactic you purchase. @angie7879 if you have any questions just ask :thumbsup:

#17 ·
Ok, so find a base lotion that doesn't contain "carbomer" read the ingredient listing, if it contains carbomer, don't purchase it, find one that is carbomer free. There are lots out there, if you need brands let me know and I will give you some to look for, or tell me the brands you can find and I can help you find one. Then get lactic acid (liquid form) once you have these 2 things I can help you will mixing it together, just give me the amount of base lotion you will be using and the % of the lactic you purchase. @angie7879 if you have any questions just ask :thumbsup:
Thank you so much! please what lotion brands would you recommend and what lactic acid brand would you recommend? - never purchased the latter before. @gymrat thanks again

#21 · (Edited)
@gymrat please I'm about to start my LA journey. I have already purchased 80% lactic acid. I will start with 12% for my body. Please can you tell me the usage,how and when I can use it . Also can I use it along with my lightening lotion. Please tell me everything I need to know about LACTIC ACID LOTION. i'm intend doing a DIY base cream for the lotion. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.