Skin Care Talk banner

Lactic Acid

43K views 38 replies 11 participants last post by  EmmaGH 
#1 ·
Hi all! I know that this has been talked about so many times so forgive me for being repetitive, however I am still extremely confused on how to make a LA lotion and/or peel. I literally suck at math and I don?t understand how to break any of this down. Just for a quick background - I am trying to use this to target black stretch marks that I have on my waist and bottom area in time for a trip I have coming up in MAY!

Can someone please please help me figure out how to make this lotion? Like, ?for dummies? style ? I have the following and would like to make a 17 or 18 % (or higher if I need to since my trip is coming soon) lotion and peel:

- 10 oz of 90% Lactic Acid
-16 oz of Gold Bond
- A jar which can hold 10 oz of product, so I intend to make 10 oz of lotion.

Can someone PLEASE help with getting me started? I?m so terrible at calculating measurements, etc.

#7 ·
@gymrat thank you sooo much! You?re always extremely helpful. Seriously can?t thank you enough
Your very welcome! Don't let it overwhelm you once you make it a few times you will gain your confidence! We all had to start somewhere :thumbsup: just be sure you mix it well so the lactic is evenly distributed.

#28 ·
Your very welcome, let me know how it works out for you and or if you need any other help. There are other lotions you can use, really anything that is carbomer free will work. I personally just use Gold Bond because it makes a nice thick lotion. But anything carbomer free works! @angie7879
Is exfoliating alone with Kojic acid soap sufficient or using a peel is absolute mandatory? Do you know any good ready made LA lotion brands? Is gold bond used in DIY or is it a ready to apply LA lotion?

#30 ·
Is exfoliating alone with Kojic acid soap sufficient or using a peel is absolute mandatory? Do you know any good ready made LA lotion brands? Is gold bond used in DIY or is it a ready to apply LA lotion?
Yes you can exfoliate using Kojic Acid soap. There are lots of ways to exfoliate, manually, chemically, etc. If you find that your not exfoliating enough with your Kojic soap, then its totally fine to step it up and use a mild acid like Lactic. Its very easy to use. If you purchase lactic acid all you would need is distilled water to make a mild LA peel. Apply that would definitely speed up your exfoliating process.

As for ready made LA lotions, Amlactin is what most use, depending on where you live and whats available, but there are others out there you can look for as well. I'll link a few for you. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ammonium...8536&wl11=online&wl12=867120807&wl13=&veh=sem

https://www.amazon.com/AMMONIUM-LACTATE-MOISTURIZING-INGREDIENTS-AMLACTIN/dp/B00OV4JA34
https://www.amazon.com/Ammonium-Lac...pID=31AR61uwJ4L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

If you used Gold Bond this doesn't have lactic in it, but it makes a great base lotion to mix LA into it if you wanted too. If you went that route and you wanted to make your own, I would totally help you with that. All you would need is to get the Gold Bond and then find some lactic acid. Once you have that, tell me the amount of Gold Bond you have, the % of the Lactic Acid you have, and then what % you want your final lotion to be. Amlactin and the others are 12% which is a great place to start. IF you can tolerate it well, then consider moving up to 15%.

I hope I am making some sort of sense to you, if not, please ask, I don't mind helping at all. The more the questions the more you learn @usigx

#21 · (Edited)
@gymrat please I'm about to start my LA journey. I have already purchased 80% lactic acid. I will start with 12% for my body. Please can you tell me the usage,how and when I can use it . Also can I use it along with my lightening lotion. Please tell me everything I need to know about LACTIC ACID LOTION. i'm intend doing a DIY base cream for the lotion. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.