Skin Care Talk banner

Lactic Acid

43K views 38 replies 11 participants last post by  EmmaGH 
#1 ·
Hi all! I know that this has been talked about so many times so forgive me for being repetitive, however I am still extremely confused on how to make a LA lotion and/or peel. I literally suck at math and I don?t understand how to break any of this down. Just for a quick background - I am trying to use this to target black stretch marks that I have on my waist and bottom area in time for a trip I have coming up in MAY!

Can someone please please help me figure out how to make this lotion? Like, ?for dummies? style ? I have the following and would like to make a 17 or 18 % (or higher if I need to since my trip is coming soon) lotion and peel:

- 10 oz of 90% Lactic Acid
-16 oz of Gold Bond
- A jar which can hold 10 oz of product, so I intend to make 10 oz of lotion.

Can someone PLEASE help with getting me started? I?m so terrible at calculating measurements, etc.

#7 ·
@gymrat thank you sooo much! You?re always extremely helpful. Seriously can?t thank you enough
Your very welcome! Don't let it overwhelm you once you make it a few times you will gain your confidence! We all had to start somewhere :thumbsup: just be sure you mix it well so the lactic is evenly distributed.

#37 ·
You said 8% is the best recommended rate for face. So i will go for it.
Yep, 8% is great to use for your face. You are only going to add a small amount, 0.2 ounces so roughly 5 teaspoons of LA is all you will need. Mix it up well and you are good to go :thumbsup: let me know if you need anything else @Doricita

#21 · (Edited)
@gymrat please I'm about to start my LA journey. I have already purchased 80% lactic acid. I will start with 12% for my body. Please can you tell me the usage,how and when I can use it . Also can I use it along with my lightening lotion. Please tell me everything I need to know about LACTIC ACID LOTION. i'm intend doing a DIY base cream for the lotion. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.