Skin Care Talk banner

THE Best Sunscreen/Sunblock Debate

323K views 1K replies 162 participants last post by  gymrat 
#1 ·
I have come across 2 of the strongest sunscreens avaliable. . I would like to know which one of these is better? and if there is a better one that can prevent darkening of the skin. Ussually these are rated in PPD (Pigment Darkening UVA blocker) than SPF.

1. ANTHELIOS XL SPF 60 MEXORYL

2. SHISEDO SPF 55 PA+++

what do you guys think? also anthelios is a chemical sunscreen and Shisedo is physical. . or does it not matter?

Thanks

#1,396 ·
Yes I've tried it. It contains 20 or 21% zinc (I forget), the finish is similar to the Coppertone Pure/Simple but not as greasy. It isn't by any means a matte finish. So if you are ok with that, do give it a try, I'm sure you can find it locally, I know I did.

#1,398 ·
hey there @Arewaa, Black Girl SS is a chemical SS, it won't protect you like a physical SS will. If you look at the "active" ingredients on the back of the BG SS the first 4 are chemicals...those are what you want to stay away from.

What SS are you currently using? Or are you just shopping for one?

#1,399 ·
Hey gymie. What’s your opinion on black girl sunscreen? I’m sorry if this has already been asked or discussed.
hey there @Arewaa, Black Girl SS is a chemical SS, it won't protect you like a physical SS will. If you look at the "active" ingredients on the back of the BG SS the first 4 are chemicals...those are what you want to stay away from.

What SS are you currently using? Or are you just shopping for one?
Shopping for one sis. Sunscreen is the worst skincare item to shop for me. All these physical and chemical things to consider.. It’s so stressful girl 🤯

I’ve always just avoided it altogether it but it’s beginning to catch up on my skin.

#1,401 ·
Shopping for one sis. Sunscreen is the worst skincare item to shop for me. All these physical and chemical things to consider.. It’s so stressful girl 🤯

I’ve always just avoided it altogether it but it’s beginning to catch up on my skin.
I completely understand...... @Arewaa where are you located? Are you in the states? Find a Whole Foods if you are, they have LOTS of sunscreens out as testers. Read the ingredient listing, look for "zinc", preferably one with higher than 8%, start trying a few on your skin and see how they look. Ask the sales rep to send you home with a sample of those you want to try they will be more than willing to send you home with some!

#1,414 ·
@Username2022 well I have my stock pile ready for summer..... I'll tell you whats in my stash.....
Round Lab Birch Juice, Cotz sensitive Face/Body, Blue Lizard Sport, Sunforgettable Sport Stick, Elta MD UV stick, Obagi SunShield, and Sunforgettable Brush on shield. Thats it for now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.