Skin Care Talk banner

If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

4M views 40K replies 2K participants last post by  mermaidgirl3000 
#1 ·
If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

This thread could be useful for someone that needs to ask a question about skin lightening instead of making a new thread. And if you know the answer you could quote their question and answer it for them. I hope this is making sense.LOL

#39,441 ·
Can I just lighten with kojic acid soap and kojic acid lotion? I’m not big into taking lightening pills and injections. Mostly cause I’m on Birth control anyways. Which I know sucks up antioxidants and vitamins in the body. And I hate needles. I just wanna lighten with lotions, serums and soaps. Is that possible to do or would it take years to see results?

#39,446 ·
For permatan removal purposes only, do I HAVE to use an all over chemical peel for that? Or can I rely on other methods like soaps, lactic acid lotions and/or serums, vitamin c serums, exfoliating towels, etc?

I just hate the smell and the fussiness and the mess it makes in my bathroom.

#39,447 ·
the tend skin will definitely help with razor burn, bumps, redness, etc. As for the years of old scars, have you tried retin A? If that doesn’t help I would recommend spot treating each of them with a peel solution. How is your skin other then your neck area? Do you typically have acne prone skin? If you do and its cystic acne like the marks in the photo (the dark lingering marks) those look like cystic, if you are suffering from that on your face, I would definitely see a Derm. Accutane was a game changer for me. I took it for 6 months, it was SO worth it, I haven’t battled acne since. Have my occasional 1 or 2 every now and again, but they are tiny, and go away no scars left behind.

But do give the Tend Skin a try especially use it before you get a hair cut and immediately afterwards.

Your becoming a product junkie @mccartney :p j/k but really its a great product, you should order it!! especially if you suffer with razor burn.

Just reading this. No my face is smooth as f*ck! I had acne back in the day, but as I got older (25 now) and lost a lot of weight my acne and hyperpigmentation just vanished. I remember being on this blog few years ago asking advice for my black face and neck, not knowing it was health related. Got healthy, lost weight, only eat fresh food + drink lots of water, now my face is smooth!

#39,449 ·
Just reading this. No my face is smooth as f*ck! I had acne back in the day, but as I got older (25 now) and lost a lot of weight my acne and hyperpigmentation just vanished. I remember being on this blog few years ago asking advice for my black face and neck, not knowing it was health related. Got healthy, lost weight, only eat fresh food + drink lots of water, now my face is smooth!
Have you tried the Tend Skin yet @Asvpbenji3

#39,455 ·
@EmmaGH thanks for the reply. I thought it would help as it has lactic acid, ascorbic acid and alpha arbutin as active ingredients.
Can you recommend a good serum plz - preferably not anything too pricey as I’m a student
Sorry for late reply I don't log out whenever I'm away from this site

Well that the lemonvate serum might thin that place the more with the LA in there
Check out Eva Naturals Vitamin C Serum, Truskin vitamin C or Amara Vitamin C Serum
And Any Eye Cream or Serum (but make sure it contains Vitamin K)

And please have enough rest and sleep , don't stress yourself much and take enough water throughout the day

I sometimes use slides of cucumber put in the fridge under my eyes usually on days I'm free in the house and not going anywhere
I use Sheabutter under my eyes on my skinbuilding days @Lunabrown

#39,457 ·
#39,459 ·
What matters is Vit C can be harsh on your stomach if your not careful, so always go for the buffered version. This is the one I take and have taken for a very long time, works well. Never had any stomach issues with it.

https://www.vitacost.com/country-life-buffered-vitamin-c-1000-mg-250-tablets
@gymrat yeah before it gave me upset stomach. The country life is expensive the 1000mg in the uk. I’m going to by this 1https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lifeplan...065003&hash=item3f701db8e0:g:-HYAAOSwal5YEgfr