Skin Care Talk banner

THE ORAL GLUTATHIONE THREAD

602K views 1K replies 155 participants last post by  Blessence 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. There is already a glutathione thread on here but I haven't found one that Is updated and detailed and is dedicated only to oral glutathione. The reason why I've started this thread is because oral glutathione is a bit controversial. There have been studies that claim that it does not work at all while others claim that it does. I've even read somewhere that it's actually the vitamin C that is doing all the lightening and not the glutathione at all. I personal believe that the glutathione helps but it takes a much longer time to work, and even longer time to see results. I am a very patient lightened and I usually give a product at least three months before I decide whether it works or not and from the results I got I believe that oral glutathione works! Some people even swear by it so let's just put it to the test and lay the rumors to rest. I will share my experience with oral glutathione and I encourage everyone else to do the same. So I have been taking glutathione capsules religiously for over six months and I have to say that it has definitely worked for me. At first I started off with one 500mg capsule a day alone with one 1000mg vitamins C. I felt like there was results but nothing much to talk about so after two months, I doubled my dosage to 1000mg of gluta with 2000mg of vitamin C. After a couple months, I noticed that my nipples got really light. Right now they're almost pink. My lips got considerably lighter. I don't use anything to lighten my lips at all so I would say that it is definitely the gluta. Also I used to suffer from break outs (adult acne) and terribly oily skin. My face is now baby smooth and no break outs. I can literally go without makeup and I look younger than I've looked in years. I'm two months shy of turning 36 and I look at least ten years younger. I am seriously considering to increase my does because of the results I've gotten. I may post an unfiltered photo of my bare makeup free face later. Please post your experience. And please answer the following questions: What brand of oral glutathione have you been using? Are you using it with vitamin C or by itself? What is your dosage? How many are you taking a day? Have you gotten results? If yes please give details. If not please be detailed. Tell us how long you have been taking it and what you've been taking it with? Will you recommend oral glutathione as part of a skin lightening regime? **Please no mention of glutathione IV. I want to keep this thread specifically for oral glutathione use only.Please don't ignore! ** Any contribution at all will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for starting this thread on oral gluta. I recently added jarrows gluta vits 1000mg about 3 weeks ago. I've been on vitamin c orally for 3 years, and i added gluta to see what results i would gain from both. Its too early to tell if gluta works or not. I'll be following this thread closely.

#3 ·
Hey, So you've been on vitamin C for three years. Can you be a little more detailed. Were you consistent? Or did you take them on and off. Did you take it every single day? How many a day did you take. Has vitamin C lighten you at all? Also please keep me posted with your oral glathione intake. I am looking foward to when you share your results with us :)

#5 ·
I have been consistent with my vitamin c intake. I take 1000mg once a day, anything more than that gives me headache. I use topical lighteners, too. I went on vacation last month, i stopped taking them consistently, and realised my face getting dull, so i went back at it. Asides from that, i've been very consistent. The glow is to die for. I've been a member of SCT since 2012, so i use some of the most popular products raved on here. Therefore, its hard to tell where the glow comes from, if that makes sense.

#6 ·
Thanks a lot for the info. I'm doing my own research in this. I've asked my sisters to go on at least 2000mg vitamin C a day because I want to see if one can lighten with vitamin C alone. Unfortunately they are not consistent so they are not very reliable. They did report a glow from taking the vit C but no lightening of course since they haven't been taking it long enough and are not consistent. Which is why I've decided to start this thread. I really hope that more people contribute as this means a lot to me.

#8 ·
OMG I love this thread.. I started taking jarrow reduced glutathione a month ago and I plan on taking it for a year consistently to see its result..so far, my skin is super smooth and glowy. My mum,friends, evern bf compliments my skin alot..but I can't really say if it's the glutathione or vitamin C or G&G that's making me shine. Guess i'll know with time becos i'll soon stop using G&G.

#9 ·
Hey 3shadeslighter thanks for starting this thread once again. When I first joined this forum I spent a lot of time reading the supplement thread; very long but worth it. I gave Glutathione a try. I got the Jarrow formula reduced Gluta and took it with Source Naturale Vit. C crystal. Took one capsule AM&PM and half a teaspoon of Vit C crystal, mixed in my freshly squeezed orange juice. Idid this. For a month. I can totally say Gluta works when taken orally. I had my best skin. While on both and at that time I was using. Just 17% LA lotion and Kojie San. When i ran out of my supps I got lazy and lost the glow and droped a shade or two. Am planning on starting up again and would try and be consistent for 6months straight. I've been on GnG for a while now and gotten good results, I think I'd know when I start up if its the GnG or the. Supps doing the work Just to add that I started taking Vit C again 3weeks ago; I got the Holland&Barret Vit C tablets and am not totally impressed with what I feel. I feel Vit C crystals works better than tablets; I was told this but didn't really buy it but. Now I. Think its. True. This is why, when I was taking SN Vit C crystals, it kept the flu away, not even a sneeze, nothing @ all cos I get them real quick and easy but with the H&B its like nothing. Maybe the tablets works slow I don't know, but am def going back to my crystal when I place my order for the Glut. The problem I have with the. Crystal is knowing how many mg to take or if am taking enough.

#11 ·
Hey @nwababy. Thanks for this detailed reply. Yes oral glutathione works but I just don't understand why there are studies claiming that it doesn't. Maybe the studies that were done were short term and the people that they used weren't required to take them over a lengthy period of time. I swear every time I read something negative about oral glutathione I can't help but have doubts which is what actually inspired me to start this thread. I'm tired of hearing that it's a scam which is why I'm trying to reach out to anyone who has been taking it and getting results. So can you please tell me where you bought the vitamin C crystals? Just recently someone told me that vitamin C in tablet form isn't as effective. I don't know how true this is. But i wouldn't mind trying it in another form. Lately I've been thinking of increasing my gluta and vitamin C dosage because I feel like I've reached a lightening plateau. Maybe there is a thread in here about reaching a plateau. Oh and congrats on getting back on vitamin C. I think that vitamin is is crucial especially when it comes to lightening. I've never had the bleached out look due to my vitamin C intake so no one can ever tell that I've lighten unless they knew me before.

#12 ·
Been on vit c, makari pills and jarrows glutha since january and i have retained my color. I know this because i reduced topical application to once a day and just started back on twice a day yesterday. i travelled twice and stayed 10 days without the pills or lotion and i didn't darken.

#15 ·
Hey @nwababy. . So can you please tell me where you bought the vitamin C crystals? Just recently someone told me that vitamin C in tablet form isn't as effective. I don't know how true this is. But i wouldn't mind trying it in another form. Lately I've been thinking of increasing my gluta and vitamin C dosage because I feel like I've reached a lightening plateau. Maybe there is a thread in here about reaching a plateau. Oh and congrats on getting back on vitamin C. I think that vitamin is is crucial especially when it comes to lightening. I've never had the bleached out look due to my vitamin C intake so no one can ever tell that I've lighten unless they knew me before.
I got my VitC and Jarrow Reduced Gluta from Vitacost.com. They carry diff brands of supplement and from reviews they appear affordable. When you are on the site you'd. Find diff brands of supps but I heard Source Naturals Vit C crystal is best so I got it and loved it. I'd. Say the crystals work better for me.
to be honest i can't say if its worth it or not just that i chose to take them all together. Another thing worth mentioning is that i take 2000mg of gluta and 2000mg of vit c and two of the makari pills. Take them last thing at night all at once
Hey hun, ithink its best you break down your dosage to 1000mg gluta, 1000mg Vit AM and same PM. This is best dear. My eldeer Brother is a licencsed Doc and told me its best to feed. The body with. Medications or supplements like that, more like s sustained. Release.

#19 ·
Yes Diana Ross was a lot darker back in the day but a lot of people don't know this especially since most of her old pics from the 60s and some of the 70s are black and white. But she was definitely darker. He transformation is inspirational and she is still my skin lightening idol. Whatever she did, it was definitely done right. Way better than Michael Jackson.

#20 ·
3shadeslighter Thanx So much for this thread! From my personal experience, I 'll say gluta pills work. I take the Jarrow 500mg am and 500mg pm with H&B vit C 1000mg am nd pm, Alpha lipoic acid, which I stopped abt a month ago. I definitely noticed my skin becoming smoother, I promise u, I wld touch my skin and touch it again, not believing how smooth to the touch my skin is. I bought Relumins gluta as well, but I know I will stick with the Jarrow.

#26 ·
i start using it with my sister , just 2 weeks so i cant say its works but my sister and i feel that our lips are more lighter  she didnt put any cream in her body so we will see what happen after one month 
Yes my lips not looking dark was the first thing I noticed when I started taking jarrows with vitamin C. When I first started lightening, my lips looked darker because the skin on my face was lightening which made my dark lips popped. I no longer have that problem and I've never used anything on my lips. This is how I knew that it was working.

#23 ·
Finally a thread about something that this lurker is interested in. Will definitely subscribe. I'm a noob when it comes to skin lightening, I started with GNC l-glutathione and Spring Valley 500 mg Vit C w/ rose hips around 2-3 weeks ago, so it's too early to say if I've lightened or not. I'm almost out of the glutathione (it was an opened bottle) so I'm prolly gonna get Jarrow's. Also, I wouldn't recommend Spring Valley's C 500 mg tablets only because they're powdery and melt a bit in your mouth if you don't get them down quick enough, it freaks me out for some reason. Unfortunately that bottle is huge, so I'm gonna have to deal with that for a long time.. When that one's finished I'm either gonna go for Shoprite's 1000 mg C w/ rose hips or Vitamin Shoppe's C-1000 complex caps.

#27 ·
I always thought that vitamin C in powdered form is better than tablets. I take the jamieson vitamin C and the tablets are hard and they probably take a little while before they get broken down in my stomach. I'm cured entry researching for vitamin C that gets to my blood stream faster. I've heard good things about liposumal vitamin C though.

#28 ·
Regardless of the form of Vit C, you are much better taking a buffered form otherwise you are likely to have a stomach ache. Vit C unbuffered wreaks havoc on your digestive track so be careful when choosing which one too take. Buffered Time Release is your best option Thought I was on a Gluta thread :D

#31 ·
Yes! I love this thread. I have really been wondering if oral glutha works or not.i have been on vit c on and off since I started lightening. And when I've been on, I've really seen a marked difference in my skin. Im very interested in adding glutha.. Ill be watching this thread carefully

#38 ·
I agree, but I like the pale milky tone I get with gluta. When I take vitamin C alone I look a little too yellow but not milky. [quote name="ClassBeauty" url="/t/49890/the-oral-glutathione-thread/20#post_909163"]What brands of Vitamin C do guys use. I'm planning on in taking vitamin C for my skin. To keep healthy and glowing but don't know what brand? Most likely I will go to my local organic store and get some. [/quote] Any brand would do, but you should get something really good at the organic store.

#40 ·
[quote name="ClassBeauty" url="/t/49890/the-oral-glutathione-thread/20#post_909163"]What brands of Vitamin C do guys use. I'm planning on in taking vitamin C for my skin. To keep healthy and glowing but don't know what brand? Most likely I will go to my local organic store and get some. [/quote] I take Country Life, Buffered, Time Release http://www.vitacost.com/country-life-buffered-vitamin-c-1000-mg-250-tablets

#42 ·
Glutathione, vit c and msm are the best combo for glowing, clean and even skin. I've shared this story before, but I'll share it again on a thread dedicated to the topic. I tried glutathione pills, vit c (tabs) consistently for 3 months, I occasionally took msn and my skin was so clean and even and 1 shade lighter. I will defo do this again but I'm scared or msm because it can cause water retention & weight gain. I'm nc45 and it took me 1 month to go an additional shade lighter alongside my lighteners. So I'm guessing every 3 months of taking glutathione and vit, practising sap and eating relatively healthy and reducing sugar and meat will knock of one shade. I defo believe you can lighten 3 shades in 9 months. Also I didn't take my weight equivalent, I was suppose to take 4 pills but I took 3. if I start again, I will probably take 3-4 pills, I'm guessing I may get quicker results. Another member said kb pill are good..I will look into this.

#43 ·
3shadeslighter thank you so much for starting a separate thread for oral gluta. From all I have gathered so far, I feel the people who didn't get result were either not patient with or were taking the "non working brands" nwababy did vitacost ship to you in Nigeria? cocobaby where in Nigeria did you purchase yours. I've being searching getting it. Tnx guys as I wait your replies.

#62 ·
this thing is it real,if I take vit c supp means I should stay away from shrimps to avoid some kind of poisoning pls how true is this?its kinda freaking me out
oh UB DT has been my fear,n its crippling heard some thing abt that,bit c n poisoning,God help me
ogedazzle I think your referring to iodine in shrimp :hmm: Both fish and shellfish contain iodine as do many foods including yogurt, milk, bread, macaroni, eggs, corn and many beans. Not sure how you've got Vit C tangled in this ;), but I think this is what you are thinking of.........and you have NO reason to fear eating fish or shell fish when taking Vit C, you are totally fine :thumbsup:

#59 ·
Floreezy .no not like that. If u calculate ur weight in lbs, then then the glut required will be 10 times of ur weight. For example if ur weight is 120 lbs, then. 120* 10= 1200mg If u calculate ur weight in Kgs then 20- 40mg per kg Example if u r 50kgs then u need 50*40=2000mg maximum and 1000mg for minimum, ideal will be 1500mg. If u take 30mg per kg. Have a good day263a263a263a263a263a263a

#65 ·
Yes, I know this as I have taken Vit C for YEARS!! I am not a huge fish eater unless it's white fish, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE me some shell fish. Crab, Lobster and Shrimp!! Get back on your Vit C you will be fine :love: