Skin Care Talk banner

If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

4M views 40K replies 2K participants last post by  mermaidgirl3000 
#1 ·
If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

This thread could be useful for someone that needs to ask a question about skin lightening instead of making a new thread. And if you know the answer you could quote their question and answer it for them. I hope this is making sense.LOL

#35,902 ·
@browns2light I would've loved to mix ka and g n g but for some 'sheege' reason, the GnG in my country Ghana doesn't work on me. I always makes me dark. I know GnG has a dark phase and all but fam... a teeny itsy bitsy brightening was all I needed to see to continue with it. I have concluded that my country receives sub par creams and lotions hence my decision to go with ikb. I order all my cosmetics from abroad and I pay ridiculous shipping but it's worth it in the end cuz I know I'm getting legit stuff.

#35,910 ·
@John-Dave how long does it take to see ikb work? I dunno if it's just my eyes but I'm looking brighter. My yellow undertones is more prominent especially in sunlight. I'm always craning my neck to look in the cars mirror lol. Or maybe it's the glycolic acid lotion. I occluded my feet with 15% glycolic acid lotion to treat my nasty pih and it tingled... that's a good thing right?
I'll update after a week.

#35,911 ·
@John-Dave how long does it take to see ikb work? I dunno if it's just my eyes but I'm looking brighter. My yellow undertones is more prominent especially in sunlight. I'm always craning my neck to look in the cars mirror lol. Or maybe it's the glycolic acid lotion. I occluded my feet with 15% glycolic acid lotion to treat my nasty pih and it tingled... that's a good thing right?
@Hardworkpays.... give it 6 weeks to fully even out.... but 2 weeks is enough to see results with IKB rotated with an Aha product... be careful with GA it is strng... please keep me updated.. I am using LA at the moment.. I am switching to GA during the fall...

#35,913 ·
I started using ikb less than 2 weeks ago. I had some kind of darkening esp under eyes and upper cheeks. Honestly I don't know what's working.. it's almost all cleared up and I'm a shade lighter. I layer ikb serum then gel twice a day. I totally changed my regimen. Stopped using dodo more than a month ago. It had stopped working and was darkening my face and burnt me. Stopped using diy vit c and bought majestic pure. Stopped using koji San and reduced ret a to twice a week. Now I use tumeric mask, and dudu osun soap thrice a week.
Something is def working and fast. Not sure if its the ikb or the other stuff. I'm a shade lighter in two weeks.
This is just for my face though. The body was much lighter

#35,914 ·
I was under the impression that Mitchell Brand ikb was natural and only contained arbutin as its main lightening ingredient.. today when I called I spoke to their skin lightening advisor her name is Dominick I noticed she kept telling me I don't want to use HQ forever even though I only mention that I've been using IKb.. she said after about 4 to 6 months she would advise me to switch over to lighten up clarifying gel the one without the HQ.. so after it registered in my head what she was saying I asked her if ikb contained HQ and she said only the Serum has hq as most of the serums does..
was anyone aware of this? Here I am thinking I have hq free regimen only to find out the Serum has hq in it
Can anyone confirm if IKB serum really has HQ??? I used to use IKB serum as dark spot treatment and thought of re-purchasing it, as it worked well. But if this is true I will actually buy precious serum instead.

#35,915 ·
Can anyone confirm if IKB serum really has HQ??? I used to use IKB serum as dark spot treatment and thought of re-purchasing it, as it worked well. But if this is true I will actually buy precious serum instead.
hey I am not sure if this is true, that is what the rep told me when I called, try calling and see what they say maybe she was misinformed or maybe she is correct idk

#35,916 ·
I started using ikb less than 2 weeks ago. I had some kind of darkening esp under eyes and upper cheeks. Honestly I don't know what's working.. it's almost all cleared up and I'm a shade lighter. I layer ikb serum then gel twice a day. I totally changed my regimen. Stopped using dodo more than a month ago. It had stopped working and was darkening my face and burnt me. Stopped using diy vit c and bought majestic pure. Stopped using koji San and reduced ret a to twice a week. Now I use tumeric mask, and dudu osun soap thrice a week.
Something is def working and fast. Not sure if its the ikb or the other stuff. I'm a shade lighter in two weeks.
This is just for my face though. The body was much lighter
how is the majestic pure have you heard or seen any reviews on it?

#35,918 ·
#35,919 ·
^^^^^^ She just joined today and is spamming every single thread @gymrat
I got her/him whoever it is......sorry I have been under the weather, playing catch up, thank you for flagging me though I do appreciate it!
She's not the only one. There's another that's commenting pointless things on all threads. Like don't people have a day job?
Right!! Drives me crazy the people that have nothing better to do than spam.......as if they aren't obvious! Get a damn life is what I say :screams: