Skin Care Talk banner

Face care and alllll your face issues here ..!!

249K views 814 replies 102 participants last post by  pengcaramelglo 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey there my lovely family :hand::wavey: ... ,

I said I'll start this thread and after several prompts from lotsa my besties ( @pinksunshine , @Teesh, @Kays etc. ) on here its finally here ... :dogdance::yay::cowdance::catdance::yess::reddance: ....

Okay, over the years, I have laboured and sweated to find the right products and regi' for my face and I learnt from @John-Dave that I'm not the only one. I am still searching and I've made lotsa mistakes from trial and error. Thanks to @Fluffington , I've ordered some MB (Mitchell Brands) gels, creams and serums which come in today to try out. Meanwhile, my latest success has been using plain G&G lotion and oil on my face thanks to @moon maiden 's advise.

Along the way I've picked up some bits and pieces of face care tidbits from peeps on here ... e.g. its from @BrownBerries that I learnt to put some raw shea butter around my eyes to avoid eye area thinning at night, from Fluffy I learnt to wash my face with my bare hands - no washcloth, from @nirhtuc I learnt not to wash my face in the morning but rather to splash on water then vit.c serum and moisturizer, from @hipvalley I got the tip to use rosehip oil, & from Mama @gymrat - most of all I need to know about RA, Mandelic peels and face cleansing I learnt from you ... By the way Gymmie, thanks for your help - without you this thread would not be possible hun.

There's also alot of homecare remedies we all know ... e.g. Moonies youghurt+honey+lemon face mask, which lets share on here. I've heard it said hot water shouldnt be used on the face to avoid ageing :hmm::nixweiss: Also heard that tumeric is great for face (soon tryin this out to see) ...

My current face regi' is quite simple : - USA Black Spot Vit.C Soap am and pm, 55H+ Purete toner am and pm, Perfect White serum (has ascorbic acid 3rd ingredient) for day, G&G lotion + oil, RA 0.025% on alternate nights, 42 Heures Juste face serum ( has la, ga and sa) before my gng lotion on the alternate nights when I'm not doing RA, Lakme Sun Expert Spf 50+ sunscreen (with cucumber & lemon grass), Dead Sea facial mud mask (bi-weekly) ...

Would like to get a much lighter and natural looking face hence the MB stuff I'm starting on in a couple of days - will update here. Unlike what most people say and think, the face can be quite a bagful. Personally, my face aint lightening as fast and as well as I'd like it to. Also considering getting some alpha hydrox cream/lotion and reviva labs cream.

FACE: technical, complicated, needs much strategy ... IMHO ...

This thread is now officially open for ALL & ANYTHING FACE!! FACE, FACE & MORE FACE .... Lets go guys.

Thanks ya'll ... :hugs::kisskiss::hugs:

See less See more
#677 ·
@AIME lol I cant wait to try out this mix.I ll endeavour to post more so I can pm. I ll pm u d products. If I dare mention it there ll b trouble cos d 2 products will disappear frm the market.
You are right my dear @Rainbowbae , that is called Wisdom ooo ... :yes:

#680 ·
I have been trying to lighten especially my face and clear clogged pores but not seeing any progress .I got CCG, retina A 0.1%, G&G oil, jojoba oil, maxi white serum ka, ACV and neutrogena alcohol free toner, shea moisture moisturizing soap and kojic gluthaoine soap.
My regime (Mon, wed,fri) am
I cleanse with Shea moisture soap
Tone with Acv
CCG
G&G oil
I spot treat with the maxi white serum KA

Pm
Cleanse with mild dpap
Tone with neutogena alcohol free toner
Retina A
CCG
G&G oil

Thursday and Tuesday
I use the kojic gluthaoine soap Am and pm
Then jojoba oil

I stopped using coconut oil n Shea butter for my face guess it clogs my pores

I do lemon, sugar and honey mask 2times a week

I have done LA peel twice in 2months 44% It didn't go down well I started breaking out nd had loads of spots don't think am trying that again

And I use sunscreen I have been on this regime for almost two months I don't see any improvements don't know whatelse to do.. My skin doesn't look so healthy.i ditched some products based on gymrats advice that I was using too many products, like g&g oil, Retina A, maxi white ka serum, shea moisture soap all I use now are
CCG, jojoba oil, acv toner, neutogena toner, been on it for over 1month no results. I just got dodo soap I want to exfoliate 7nights straight and start lightening again.
I plan to use ikb gel, layer dodo lotion, g&g oil 3times a week in the pm, other nights jojoba oil or CCG. Won't use Retina A for now.

I have DIY lA toner but don't know how to incorporate it in my regime so I won't use too many things on my skin. Since my skin is sensitive and hard to lighten

PLease if there's anyway u can assist me maybe am doing something wrong I don't really know I would be grateful if u can give some suggestions

#682 ·
@AIME @moonmaiden @gymrat hi all, it's been a while since I posted :p I wanted to know how to tackle tretinoin peeling, I have been on tret from more than year but still flaking is here, I really don't want to stop or minimise the usage, I just want to know that is there any way to stop it from happening? :p
Where have you been hiding @ayr, great to see you!! :hugs: Only way to stop the flaking is to cut back and or buffer it. Take a drop of lotion and mix it with the RA, or apply a light layer of lotion over the RA after you apply it. You can do this with a facial oil as well. Or.........cut back to every other night or change the % you are using.....what % do you have?? Or........try RA Micro like I use :eek:

#683 ·
Hi Loveliness :hand: Haven't seen you around since I reappeared after my long hiatus. Hope your ok. Well Gymmie has said it all. I use RA 5days a week n don't see much flaking or peeling tho I use a face sponge to wash my face and I guess that helps quite abit with removing any loose skin... How's your skincare doing? ...

#746 ·
Hi Loveliness
Haven't seen you around since I reappeared after my long hiatus. Hope your ok. Well Gymmie has said it all. I use RA 5days a week n don't see much flaking or peeling tho I use a face sponge to wash my face and I guess that helps

quite abit with removing any loose skin... How's your skincare doing? ...
Since this thread was started by @AIME i decided to say this in here, sadly she passed away on november 21st RIP Aime
.... @gymrat @John-Dave, @moon maiden @mccartney @Waterboy @ayr and all skincare talk member.....may her soul rest in peace
her last replies were to me!! I feel awful for not writing back ..i dunno how to express this.. feeling really sad to know this, even though I have never seen or spoke her in person but she never felt stranger to me, being an old luker I had habit of reading her replies to everyone who's asking for help.. Even in her last days she helped me.. Wrote me back on my query ..i still can't believe that she's not in this world with us..may her beautiful soul rest in peace.. Dear Aime.. ... I m still having hard time believing this ?

#684 ·
#687 ·
#705 ·
My heart just broke smh I'm so sorry, and she has been an amazing help to me, this just made me cry. May you rest in peace beautiful @AIME
Haven't seen you in awhile great to see you :hugs:.......obviously not under these circumstances, but nice to see you @GlowyGoddess002

I think Aime touched all of our lives, she was a kind hearted person, always willing to help other out, Her loss will be felt throughout this entire forum :heart::heart::heart:

#707 ·
Omg @gymrat I was really hoping you made a typo or I read this wrong! Its so hard to wrap my head around this!
Damn this makes me wonder about others who have also gone missing from the forum.
You guys! We have to make a resolution to go see our doctors! Even if its expensive, I'd rather cut back on something and live.
Health is no joke! @AIME We miss you so much! We know you're with the lightening gods shining bright!

#710 ·
Omg @gymrat I was really hoping you made a typo or I read this wrong! Its so hard to wrap my head around this!
Damn this makes me wonder about others who have also gone missing from the forum.
You guys! We have to make a resolution to go see our doctors! Even if its expensive, I'd rather cut back on something and live.
Health is no joke! @AIME We miss you so much! We know you're with the lightening gods shining bright!
@lightboy, these are the things I think about often when an active member goes non active. You just never know. I know lots here communicate through IG and other apps, I on the other hand don't. So if I don't see you posting here I won't see you on any other forum or SM site.

I wish it was a typo........completely breaks my heart for anyone who knew her, I only knew her through SCT, and she was a diamond in the rough. Always very kind and very helpful. Those type will forever be missed. I can only hope she is sharing her wealth of info with those in heaven :heart:

#711 ·
This is the saddest thing I've read in a while, she was sooo kind & helpful. RIP hun :pray: :heart:
I know right @TvJunkie......never did we expect to read something like this on such an awesome person. Really has set me back :tear:, you all have to keep me updated if you are going to be taking a SCT break otherwise I will worry about yall for ever!!

#717 ·
@tonedpretty @nwababy @RKB where you all been hiding?? Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to you!! And yes.....horrible news about our dear Aime.......she will be forever in my :heart:, and is greatly missed already :tear: @RKB, you've been gone longer than a hot second....just saying...:p you missed Christmas AND New Years in these neck of the woods :xmas:

#722 · (Edited)
@tonedpretty @nwababy @RKB where you all been hiding?? Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to you!! And yes.....horrible news about our dear Aime.......she will be forever in my :heart:, and is greatly missed already :tear: @RKB, you've been gone longer than a hot second....just saying...:p you missed Christmas AND New Years in these neck of the woods :xmas:
@gymrat Thanks and a Happy New Year to you as well. May it be great! It's always bit busy for me around this time of year with vacays mostly :arco: his bday, mine, Xmas then new year... it's exhausting but much fun.. been:party: yachting around in some beach while everyone else is out here freezing:brrrr: they asses off with this cold ass weather.

#720 ·
I still have many of her advises as screenshots and bookmarks....i remember when she introduced most of us to "Adding Palm oil" to either the lotion of ur choice or using it as a Skinbuilding oil.....this Idea still amazes me cos I never thought of this "staining oil"(PALM OIL) would be so great when used on the skin

She was so kind and really helpful always there to share and answer ppl's ques...May ur Beautiful Soul RIPP @AIME

#724 ·
@gymrat, I?m expecting again and my first son is at the terrible terrible twos, life is soo hectic. After this bundle I will stop?
@tonedpretty you are??!! How exciting for you......boy or girl do you know yet?? Awwhhhh you know I :heart: babies. I am so happy for you, even though your little guy is going through terrible 2s, he will be so happy once your other arrives. My SIL had my niece and when she was only 8 months old, she got pregnant with my nephew. They are only 17 months apart :hehe: so your timing is much better than theirs. When are you due??

#729 ·
@gymrat I?m due in June, your SIL is very brave wow I don?t know how I would?ve coped. I don?t know the gender yet but I?m hoping it?s a boy again, don?t want to share my lotions and hair lol... it amazes me how your always there for your Sct family. You have a big heart xx
Awwh, @tonedpretty I understand, I'm a mama to 2 boys, no girls......but baby girls sure are cute!! :heart: I will say my prayers and hope you are blessed with another boy, but if not......you know you will love that little girl to death!! Please keep us updated once you know what your having :thumbsup:

LOL, I understand about not wanting to share your things, I don't have any sisters, so I never had to share anything. As for my SIL, they've definitely had their struggles, both on bottles, and both in diapers. They are lucky to have family who helps them often, I will get my niece on the drop of a hat, and keep her 1-2 nights a week. You know its always nice to keep others, feed them sweets, stay up late, then send them home :p

And thank you for the kind words.......I love my SCT family like my own :hugs:

#731 ·
Awwh, @tonedpretty I understand, I'm a mama to 2 boys, no girls......but baby girls sure are cute!! :heart: I will say my prayers and hope you are blessed with another boy, but if not......you know you will love that little girl to death!! Please keep us updated once you know what your having :thumbsup:

LOL, I understand about not wanting to share your things, I don't have any sisters, so I never had to share anything. As for my SIL, they've definitely had their struggles, both on bottles, and both in diapers. They are lucky to have family who helps them often, I will get my niece on the drop of a hat, and keep her 1-2 nights a week. You know its always nice to keep others, feed them sweets, stay up late, then send them home :p

And thank you for the kind words.......I love my SCT family like my own :hugs:
Give me a weave and I'll be your baby girl gymie <3

#738 ·
hi all, i need help,

My face is much darker than my body and looks like a black mask. I currently use monie san soap and jargons body lotion on my face as i am unsure what to use because pure glow serum burnt my face. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.