Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using the .05 Retacnyl (Tretinoin) from Medsmex and have had no side effects at all... no redness, peeling, etc. I have been using it for about 4 weeks and am wondering if I am wasting my time with this. Shouldn't I have had some kind of side-effects? Does this mean its not working? Should I just use retin-a?

It's made by Galderma.. and is the same thing as Renova.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi,
Before you go for Retin-A maybe you want to wait until 2 months? Perhaps your skin is just not irritated, but will 'purge' - this should happen within 2 months. If nothing after that, then...retin-A alright!
I use a .05% tretinoin cream that's neither RA nor retacnyl, I must say I had no redness and peeling either, but then had more breakouts within the 2 first months so I guess it just depends on your skin...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have been using .05 Retin A for 4 nights now and got terrible burning/itching
and peeling scales around my mouth and nose area... I tried to cover it up the redness with mineral makeup so I don't look quite so scary.

Other that that, I'm ok. Last night because the irritation was already too much, I stopped using it and instead used a 10% Lactic Acid cream mixed with my moisturizer. I woke up this morning and my skin actually looks better.. It has a more translucent fresh look as opposed to looking opaque and red. I guess it's best to not use the stuff every night which i wanted to do because I wanted to speed the rejuvenation..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, so should I order Retin A .05% from MedsMex or should I go to alldaychemist and if so, what product should I get? I went to the site and its confusing...lots of Retin A products. Cream, gel... etc. Help!!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Okay, so should I order Retin A .05% from MedsMex or should I go to alldaychemist and if so, what product should I get? I went to the site and its confusing...lots of Retin A products. Cream, gel... etc. Help!!
If you are worried about the reaction your skin will have, go for the gel. Retin A micro gel. It is less harsh that the regular Retin A cream.

My vote would be to order from ADC, but you can order from where ever you are more comfortable.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree with others..I ordered mine from ADC and it was a good experience.
I bought the .05% gel. It doesn't look like a clear gel or jelly, and it's not exactly a cream.. it's kind of in between. I like it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Alldaychemist is great but the RA 0.5 I received from them says it expired in March 2009.... and I received this gel last month. Has this happened to anyone else here?

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Alldaychemist is great but the RA 0.5 I received from them says it expired in March 2009.... and I received this gel last month. Has this happened to anyone else here?
I would be making a phone call and explaining the situation to them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for the David, I was thinking about ordering some retin a from them and I had one of those Live Chats yesterday with one of their reps because I was trying to find out if they delivered to Europe which they do for a flat fee of $24.90, so my next question was what was the expiry date on their current stock because I need to order a fair few to make it worth my while.....he didn't know but but said he would get back to me in 24 hours....but from what you've said I think that I'll give it a miss

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have retin a 0.025% does anyone think if using more often it may still work as good as 0.05 over time? as being in the uk it seems to be hard to get hold of without a prescription!
many thanks

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I have retin a 0.025% does anyone think if using more often it may still work as good as 0.05 over time? as being in the uk it seems to be hard to get hold of without a prescription!
many thanks
If by more often you mean more than once a day, no, don't use it more often. Just once a day at night. You would get no more benefit using it more than once a day. Just more irritation. It can be used every night if you can tolerate it.

Reducing skin wrinkles with tretinoin (Retin A, Renova)

http://skinacea.com/retinoids/useright.htm

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for the David, I was thinking about ordering some retin a from them and I had one of those Live Chats yesterday with one of their reps because I was trying to find out if they delivered to Europe which they do for a flat fee of $24.90, so my next question was what was the expiry date on their current stock because I need to order a fair few to make it worth my while.....he didn't know but but said he would get back to me in 24 hours....but from what you've said I think that I'll give it a miss
I ordered 5 a couple months ago, on the box, they all state it was manufactured March 09, and expires February 11.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Just got my first shipment from ADC and my RA expires in June 2011. Manufactured in '09. Careprost expires in 2011 also.

·
Registered
209 Posts
My shipment from ADC expires November 2010 and Feb 2011. The manufactured date is 09. I am about to put in another order before snow flies as I have to be careful that it doesn't freeze in the mail.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts