Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, as you know i've been lightening for just over a day! After some uncomfortable HQ side effects, my skin became accustomed to it by this evening (the 4th application). Already my skin seems very smooth and supple and I can tell that it's looking lighter or maybe just brighter, but definitely no where as dull as it was before. This is good as at least I know its working and everything seems worth it. Hope i'm not missing results because I don't have retin-a, but using the glycerin soap in conjunction with Dove Exfoliating Foaming Facial seems to work as far as exfoliation is concerned. Thanks for all the help guys - will keep you posted.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope I bought the 4% HQ from a local drugstore
because customs where I live sucks... and basically either loose your items or sells them on the black market. Great huh?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL! true that! im still tracking down some retin-a..... any ideas for substitutions? i have no idea what to look for

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Reyaz01,

Hello & welcome.Did you say that you are applying the HQ4% 4 times/day or did I misunderstand you?

·
Registered
670 Posts
4 times a day. Lol! That's what I was thinking, too! If you can find Carotein Nourishing and Fairness Cream, that will peel your body until you get a hold of the Retin A. I don't know anything about Retin A, Ondine does.

LightenNLift, the HQ has to be melted.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
ondine, can I get the photograde HQ and crush it and mix it into my creams?
you sound like me a short while ago when i joined.. i was imagining buying some crystals offlline and shaking it up in my nivea
..... its a lot more to it than that... im sure one of the other members can go into detail. Good luck!!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
that's what I thought too, Goddess; but in that HQ article I posted, all of the compounds called for pulverizing the HQ into a very fine powder & blending it well into the base cream. I'll reread it just to be certain, but that surprised me. It appears that melting it isn't outr only option.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol nooo not four times a day...... twice......morning and evening
by the time i wrote the post it was the evening of the second day
thanks everyone for the help, ondine are the exfoliants in the drugstores strong enough like the Neutrogena with 10 - 20% benzoyl acid? Other than that i have no idea when i'll be able to order the retin-a, im scared i never get it cause of the customs in my country

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey i just odered this products and they are damn exspensive.

Please i need help do they really help in skin lightening?

Just worried coz some poeple say they work and some say they dont.

Iam a colored woman i just need to make my skin look more admirable thats all we are looking for.

Please can any one recommend on this products.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance Mummy

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
What country are you in, Reyaz01? ADC claims they can deliver anywhere on Earth.

If you mean Benzoyl Peroxide, this is for acne treatment; not lightening.
If you mean Glycolic acid in 10-15% concentration, YES, this can help support your lightening well.
Neo Strata makes some great Glycolic acid formulations. Not cheap, but not outrageous either.
Some of the results you are seeing are just due to the cream's colour itself effecting the way your skin appears. Skin cells renew & shed in a monthly cycle. Real measurable lightening (not hust brightening from exfoliation) aka a measurable decrease in the amt of melanin in the skin, takes 1 month to be able to assess accurately.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ohhh thanks ondine you really know your stuff!!! Im located in Trinidad and Tobago in the caribbean. If I could get the retin-a from US/Can or UK at least i'll be sure they'll arrive.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
ADC ships to the US & out from there. Canada's customs is one of the most stringent in the world & my orders always arrive w/o any problems in a discreet little box.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts