Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again! I've got compounding fever (blame Goddess & Ninasky!)

Out of curiosity, I wondered what would happen if I remelted my bottle of 20% HQ % added sufficient lotion to make a 10% concentration. Verdict: if you reheat the blend, it turns brown! It looked like melted milk chocolate

Sooo...I pitched it, cleaned my tools, got all dolled up in my mask, gloves & goggles & made a fresh 10% batch WOWOWOW! It is as smooth as silk. The HQ melted right in. The cream is almost white (HQ powder isn't quite white) & my skin drank it in beautifully. No residue of any kind. Now...to see how well it lightens...

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
so for the 10% you used 9 tablespoons of EUcerin adn one tablespoon of HQ?m what if you wants to make an even less concentration just for the face and neck Ondine, can you tell me how to make it with less tablespoons of each?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Decide first on the total volume of cream you want to make. How much does your pump bottle hold? 250 mls is a good amt. It'll make a good week's worth of cream. Much more than that & it'll go brown on you.

10% of 250 mls = 25 mls. So, you need 225 mls of Eucerin & 25 mls of HQ.

Put 125 mls of Eucerin, add your 25 mls of HQ then top off with 100 mls of Eucerin.

10% makes a really nice smoothly textured & easily absorbed & spreadable cream. So much faster than the HQ in the tubes (good stuff too, but this is better!)

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only saw oily dots when mine was melted in the pot. When I stirred it all together, there weren't any oily dots. The 10% came out perfect.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Oooo!!!!!!!!!! Well, you know I like the stronger stuff, but I'll be watching your findings with this, too!

Maybe this 10% will be for my face. I will not put the strong one for my body on my face.......um......AGAIN! My face kept getting lighter when I wasn't putting my strong mixture on it.

·
Registered
670 Posts
When it happened, I googled "hydroquinone in the bloodstream" and a lot of stuff popped up. I haven't researched it any further, yet. HQ's been around for over 30 years or something.

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
you know what the weird thing is, when teh strong HQ is on my skin it looks kinda like a tan but when its washed off all of a sudden its like 3 shades lighter and very even/smooth and you can tell it lightened.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
670 Posts
Didn't you just start?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Goddess, HQ has been around for much longer than that! The same chemical HQ we use was patented in the 1830's (in the west) & known to lighten at that time. B4 that, the ancient Persian elite used a strong HQ concentration (I forget how they made their preparation, though...I'll see what I can dig up...) to make their otherwise tan complexions white.

I was so surprised to see my lighter thigh after only 1 week. There was no mistaking it for a 'trick of the lighting' or wishful thinking as I'd used the blend over a large area, not a small spot. Now that I've switched to the 10% (yesterday evening) it'll be interesting to see what happens.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
...the ancient Persians were also known for their exceptional health & longevity. So much for all the cancer stories!

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
I wonder how they kept their HQ lightened them evenly and flawlessly according to sources, because they use didnt use sunblock or any type of outdoor protection and im sure they got sun here and there.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They DID have sunblocking creams but this was a practice of the elite so they seldom had to expose themselves to the sun anyways. Would be interesting to know the details about how, exactly, their process worked. The info must be out there somewhere...

·
Registered
670 Posts
Goddess, HQ has been around for much longer than that! The same chemical HQ we use was patented in the 1830's (in the west) & known to lighten at that time. B4 that, the ancient Persian elite used a strong HQ concentration (I forget how they made their preparation, though...I'll see what I can dig up...) to make their otherwise tan complexions white.

^^^Ahh, I see. I see.

>>>>>>>>I was so surprised to see my lighter thigh after only 1 week.<<<<<<

1 - 18 of 18 Posts