Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a scar on my neck.

And I heard that tea tree oil is great for scars so I went out and bought 100% tea tree oil.

I applied the tea tree oil to the scar and within about 6 hours I could see it start to heal rapidly. The label at the back of the bottle said nothing about diluting the oil. It said "Apply to the skin 4 times daily or as often as necessary."

I decided that I was going to try and get it to heal overnight.
So I added tea tree oil on a small cotton pad and covered it with a band aid on the scar.

This morning when I woke up I took it off and now the area on my skin where the cotton pad was is very dark...almost blackish!!!!!

Why is it there and how can I get rid of it!??
Some people said it was because I used too much of it for too long and some also said I just have to leave it so that the tea tree oil dries from my skin.

The question is...will this black patch go away, or what can I use to get rid of it???

Would appreciate any help!!

Regards

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use shea butter on everything. Granted it will take a little longer to heal but it is so good for your skin. it is pretty hard to find 100% shea butter so i order mine from jaiemas.com. They have pretty good prices. I use shea butter on my daughter too

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can't say that the reply you got is help, but it certainly sounded good. Next time you try this, use a tincture and not the pure oil. It must have cost a pretty penny if you bought the pure oil. Anyway, dont get too stressed as it will go away over time. I wish I could recommend something to speed the process, but it looks like you tatooed yourself for a while. Unless....are you scared of sandpaper (I am just kidding; Do not try this!!). It will eventually go away, just keep hydrating and washing the area

1 - 7 of 7 Posts