Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious about the 12.5% peel, I have read that some people do not peel when using the 12.5%. Does that mean it did nothing for your skin?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
It is a light peel. I still got some benefit from it, but it just didn't do what I "needed" perhaps over a longer period it may have. You can certainly layer it several times and get a deeper peel. It will exfoliate, perhaps remove some of the lighter freckles and make your skin smooth, but at all depends on what you need when it comes to TCA. Are you looking to remove wrinkles, skin tags, freckles, sun damage or just exfoliate?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Where do i buy TCA peels for a good price, also Iam not sure what percentage will be the best. I want to get rid of my freckles and fine wrinkles and top skin layer. I do not have that many freckles but Inotice them.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am looking to remove fine lines and crows feet. Nothing I have used has given me great results, and I am hoping that a TCA peel with do the job.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
for lines/wrinkles 12.5% may not be enough. But you can layer it several times and will have to use it for a period of time. Why not try Vit C serum and RA for lines?

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I am curious about the 12.5% peel, I have read that some people do not peel when using the 12.5%. Does that mean it did nothing for your skin?
Oh it is doing something, it is a chemical. The results depend on what type of skin you have. If you have baby soft, or raw hide, 12.5% will give you results. Even if it is just a good exfoliation. I think people assume they are going to shed a layer of skin like a snake does. This could happen for some, but chances are it won't happen for most. Anytime you are putting chemicals on your face you should always start out with a low % and gradually work your way up to what your skin can handle. Just like using retin-a. If you have never used it before, you don't want to jump right in and start using .1%, that is just foolish. Afterall, this is the skin on our faces we are talking about-

chunch-try the 12.5%, layer it if you need too. If you don't get the results you were expecting, go for a higher % next time.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
The only thing the 12.5% did for me is get rid of some freckles and "refresh" my skin. I layered it about 4 times. I just finished peeling after a 25% peel and I don't see any improvement in my fine lines. I wonder how many peels, if any, will do any good for my fine lines???

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am beggining to think that nothing will get rid of fine lines, well nothing short of Botox or surgery. I am not a fan of Botox it is a short term fix and who wants to keep spending that kind of money.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Can you get some RA or Taz gel? It is really cheap at the online pharmacies we have all discussed here. It has made a HUGE difference in my skin in just 2 months. Gotta try lots of things to find that one thing that works. That is what I did. TCA had it's purpose for me as I wanted to get rid of freckles/brown spots. I didn't use it for lines/wrinkles. Vit C serum is also great stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts