Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this the other day and while its a sad story, apparently the girl's gene for aging went under a mutation and essentially shut the process off as she has not aged at all in over 12 years. Scientists say there's no hope for her =( but they are looking into how they can create the mutation in experiments in animals to shut down the aging process and prolong lifespan.

Interesting read

The Curious Case of Brooke Greenberg: 16-Year-Old Has the Body and Mind of a Toddler - Children's Health - FOXNews.com

Not sure if its been posted already, so I'm sorry if it has

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I saw the story, to say "she never ages" I think is a bit naive personally. I saw her and she shows outward signs of muscular wasting and other degenerate conditions. I think she never grows or ages in a traditional outward sense, skin, hormonal and body but I think she is not looking at a very long life. She has had many close calls already and brushes with death. I listened to the doctors treating her and they claim it is NOT like a reverse of progeria BUT I would question the scientific validity of not considering aging (or staying youthful) medical anomalies when we do so in extreme cases?

I do not think finding what is going on withe her is going to help anti-aging because nobody wants to be stuck a baby. She looks very much like she has cerebral palsy and as a baby, she did not. So this is some proof that some aging or degeneration is happening.

I hope, on the other hand, they do find something that can help her and all of us.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts