Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I am Bi-Racial, but I have rather White Features.
I have grown out my hair, and got it Chemically Straitened.

No one even knows I am half Black. Every one thinks I am some kind of Asian-Ethnic or something, and my glasses help to to make me Look more Foreign.

My nose is more White Looking, but looks more Asian/Ethic then Aftican American. I also have a very strong profile and highetn from my Nasel Bone.
My lips are also very pink. I just want to unify these features. My body is the color I want on my life, it's has a nice tan-red to it. It's white/light, but still shows that I am not white, and has more of that Exotic feel to it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION 1:

What are some things that I can do to deduce my complextion? I want to become perhaps 1-2 shades lighter to match the rest of my body. I want more of a glow/shine to my skin. I Don't want to be white or anything, but I want to lessen my brown-ness.

QUESTION 2:

Is there anything that I can apply to my Knuckles and my Elbows? know there are various things that you can do to remove some of the dead skin cells, but it seems that it goes deeper then that, since I am ethnic, my skin is darker.

QUESTION 3:

What products are out there can do this without the risk of caner or something? That is something that I DO NOT WANT. I would prefer a Nature Method, but I don't want Chemicals as long as they don't case cancer or something.... That is the one thing that I worry about.

Than you for my help!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am gay, and this guy in class started talking to me, and he asked me if I had a boyfriend... and if I went to this one Gay Group in my city.

He then said "You could get yourself a cute black boy"

... now I don't want to start anything about race and such.. but it got me thinking why he said black. Was it so I could find something like myself? Was I dark enough that he thought I was black? Why didn't he hit on me? Was I too dark?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I would not over evaluate the situation. I have many gay friends and black guys are kind of a "desired" thing in gay culture. He may have been paying you a compliment not about your complexion but more because he saw you as a cute boyish looking boy and therefore you could attract a cute black guy?! As for lightening the areas you are talking about it will be hard. These are darker because there are folds in the skin and as they collapse onto the body they appear darker. If you strech the skin you will see that they are the same shade as the rest of you. It happens often to SE Asians and Italians and other Mediterraneans as well as the "tan" will collapse onto itself causing a darker appearance. Flex your arm up into itself so the middle folds and you can see the same darkness there. People will recommend all sorts of things, be careful. I personally find exotic/mulatto looking guys the best looking.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Hi Hypothermic! Welcome to the forum. By the way you describe your facial features, you & I probably would look loke siblings! I too have Caucasian/slightly Asian (around my eyes) features. People typically think I'm from India, Brazil, even Indonesia! No one has ever correctly guessed my ethnic origins. My skin was waay to dark for my features. What I am doing would probably work perfectly for you. To save me from typing it all out here again, please check out the following 2 threads:

I've found something that is working. (by Ondine)
From Lauryn to Mariah (by La Donna)

I began in Jan & I'm decidedly fairer. I won't see my full results for about 1 yr to 18 months as I am going for a more dramatic change. I do want to do it safely & evenly so it'll be a slower process. It is wiser to be cautious. So far, so good. No rashes, acne outbreaks, discolourations or patchiness, no redness or other reactions. It CAN be done & relatively cheaply too! If, after you do the reading, you want to have my sources, let me know & I'll pm you.

As for your classmate, go figure? Who knows what he meant? Perhaps HE has this preference & assued you did to.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your comments!

I never thought about looking at his comments in such a way!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I think his comment says more about HIS preferences than yours.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I've becoming good at filtering out people who say stupid things & make dumb assumptions. It happens the same way in the straight community. Idiocy knows no colour, culture or preferences! Just let it roll off of you & use it as a reminder to watch what comments you yourself make. I have spared myself much grief by simply not commenting & letting the other guy blurt out idiocies. I don't waste much effort trying to figure out the meanings of dumb comments either. Usually it is just a function of someone's ignorance, misinformation (like thinking ALL gay guys are 'into' black boys!) or sheer stupidity. Rarely, it is out of malice. This last group of idiots are to be avoided as they can prove dangerous. Montreal is a very gay positive city with an empowered, vibrant & established gay community. The Pride events draw huge crowds of supporters. Heck, I've brought my kids to these events! We've had openly gay political candidated run for office & get elected. If you are in a less than tolerant milieu, you are young: consider relocating!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts