Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW day 4 the spot on my upper cheek that frosted so badly just peeled right off after a shower. I was drying my face and it rolled off. Underneath clear, smooth, pink skin NO brown whatsoever just pink! I am totally absolutely elated! Can you tell? The other two spots my larger bad ones are still hanging on for now. But they will peel it is just a matter of time! YES I will be doing my entire face, neck etc later on this fall when the weather cools. IF please IF you do the 18% be sure to spot check yourself first no more than 2 layers!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
WOW!!! Goatlady--I am going to do an 18% I just ordered it! I have seen amazing results with TCA but like with the glycolics, this is nothing I WENT to school for! How do you know when it is "too much" so to speak? I mean they give general guidelines but how do you actually know if it is too much?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I thought maybe with doing the 2 layers on that one spot it was too much. It frosted and got red but I point the antibiotic ointment on it for 2 days then stopped. It got really crinkly brown and today I was shocked it peeled off so quickly. I really thought I had another 2 days to go. I am not sure why these STUBBORN other spots haven't came off yet but the one that just peeled was smaller much smaller. Perhaps not as deep. My husband saw it and said "wow I am impressed!" He knows how hard I have tried to get rid of them for the past 2 years. Just find a spot on your face or hands and test it. See how much it will frost.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know last night the only thing I did different was the RA .05% maybe that influenced the peeling process don't know but it is the only thing different.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
OK. I have one on my hand that I am DYING to be rid of! I will try that one. I am so happy you have shared all this! Lifesaver!! You know one day they will harness this all in a day cream and generations of women after us will thank us for this pioneering work we have done!!!!!!! You are a star!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Remember however you skin on your hand vs. face is different! But give it a go. I would go with 2 layers on the hand. Put it on, wait 5, do another wait 5. It should come with the step by step instructions etc. I will have to order the bigger bottle to do what I need to do! BEWARE the burn because it will but I would say still not unbearable especially with a fan.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'm glad that you are pleased with the result!
You got me curious about TCA peel, it claims to be excellent for softening deeper wrinkling, reducing/removing less severe facial lines, reducing and/or completely removing upper lip lines. IS THAT TRUE?

Please keep posting after you will use it on your face.

It also says to use:
Neutralizer skin pH balancer helps balance the pH of your skin for the safe and effective neutralization after peeling. Also read water & baking soda will do the same. Have you done this?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Goatlady! That is incredilbe; the way it just rolled off. Good for you! Your results are encouraging. The 12.5TCA didn't do much except to my neck. Next time (I'll wait 2 weeks from the day of the last peel) I'll apply 2 coats to my face (while standing near a FAN). Thanks for sharing your process with us. I see the RA helped speed your exfoliation process. I think I'll apply soe tonight & see what happens...

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes after the time is up you must neutralize. The kit comes with full instructions it is just water and baking soda. I actually had some already made from a glycolic peel ( from a kit ) I had been using.

Ondine one layer with 12.5% did practically nothing for me I did have to do 2 layers and it did make the spots smaller/lighter now I am waiting to see what the 18% will do to the larger spots. This morning I have this pink circle of new skin about the size of the dime from the peel. I see no brown just pink. Of course I can never EVER forget my sunblock when going out into the sun!

Just so you all know the 18% with two layers made my face very dark brown so an all over you may look pretty scary for at least 5 days. You may want to be sure you can be home!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Goatlady the dark brown reminds me of what I read about a resurfacing method which is no longer in use. It was the Portrait plasma resurfacing and it would burn the skin from the inside out leaving the outer layer to form a bandage more or less--this also turned brown. I assume it must have to do with the detaching of the skin from the face in one solid layer. That is a pretty deep peel!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yes after the time is up you must neutralize. The kit comes with full instructions it is just water and baking soda. I actually had some already made from a glycolic peel ( from a kit ) I had been using.
Do you know how much water & baking soda? Will it be more liquid or a paste?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
It was 2 tbsp to 1 1/2 c of H20 for the 12.5 TCA peel. I;d imagine it is the same for the 18%.

Goatlady, since my face did not react at all to my facial skin, do i still have to wait so long before trying again? Since I have a couple of appointments this week, I have no choice but to wait a little longer, but I'd like to reapply on the upcoming weekend (as in Fri evening)

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2 TBSP baking soda to 1 1/2 cups water for neutralization.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Thanks Ondine & Goatlady, few years ago when I ordered my glycolic acid, this was not mentioned. With the Glycolic I did not see any fine lines disappear. Today I ordered TCP 15 % from Amazon.com for $20 + $10 for 1 oz, this is almost half price from the link you provided, do you think there are different qualities or as I always say: When in business they are not there for your pretty eyes! :)

Did anyone see their fine lines disappear?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mariepop I went to Amazon and typed in TCA WOW there were a lot of different companies providing it. I am not sure about the quality. I haven't tried it yet in those areas for fine lines yet so can't comment. I hope to later when the weather cools.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
When you will start to use it for your whole face, please let me (us) know if it's good for the fine lines, I will receive my TCA around 20 July, but I doubt I will start this in Summer, I'm always outside, (not much lately, it's always raining for the last 2 weeks) Amazon.com has a lot but when you click to buy, most aren't available for the moment.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts