Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Β· Administrator
34,240 Posts
Thanks for starting this thread. I have been battling PIH on both hands. I have tried tons of stuff without any luck( my hand at the moment -see attached). I have had moments of respite but the nature of what I do requires a lot of hand-washing/hand sanitisation so when it looks dark and unsightly , I try to rectify it with peels mainly yellow peeling oil and lactic acid. As it stands I am now left with the current situation.

I have resorted to gluta IV +vitamin c and had two sessions so far, second being today. I don't want to lighten, I just want my hands to blend so it doesn't look like it belongs to someone else πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ Not sure what the strength of both is but I am just so desperate to put an end to what has been two issh years of this nightmare. I stopped all topical in the hopes that everything will eventually blend in so I have redarkened considerably but the hands arent cooperating. People keep saying I look tired and should get some rest 😫 πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ but I don't, i just look darker, I have redarkened so i look totally different thats what it is. I have understood from the lady who does my IV that I can use topical but only if it has fruit acids only, no hydroquinone so please I would be grateful for suggestions. Happy to answer any questions re the IV ( the little I know so far). Thanks 😊
Hey there, have you tried occluding with lactic acid lotion?? If not, I would give this a try.

Β· Administrator
34,240 Posts
Hi Gymrat

Thanks I qppreciate your response. That's something I would be more than willing to try. Please could you recommend a lactic acid lotion? I am based in the UK so would be most grateful if it would be one I can easily purchase. Much appreciated. πŸ™
Amlactin is what I would recommend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts