Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, newbie here.

I have never ever even treated my skin for anything before. I know, really dumb but I didn't need to. Just two years ago my face was near perfect and soooo fresh looking (they call that, youth, I think? hahaa). That and I also never really went out much, so, no suntanning.

Anyways, those days are over. Maybe because I went out in the sun so much this summer (without any suncream
) that pushed my skin to the edge. I saw myself in the mirror and noticed ALL THESE WRINKLES. At a tender age of 24! lol.

Okay, so, you can't really see it unless I raise my eyebrow but when I do, I have a lot! I swore they were NOT there 2 years ago. Maybe a small line but not as much as I have now. And I think I'm growing some near my mouth area too.

I'm asian and have dry skin. I need people's professional advice here. I read raving reviews of Xtend-Life and Retin-A (although I think I'm too young for this?) and... being a complete newbie, I have no idea where to start. I mean, what's exfoliating? ahahaa.

My main goal is to get rid of the winkles, black bags under my eyes and regain that 'fresh' looking skin again. So I'm thinking a combo of Xtend-Life Age Defense Body Lotion (economic!) for my face and Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Serum for my wrinkles..? I don't know! Please help.

If you read this far, you're my personal hero! Thank yyyou!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Calm down. "Wrinkles" happen even in children. At 24 if you haven't been in the sun and you are healthy, you don't look any older than 24 because of your "wrinkles"...You just need to
1) stay out of the sun
2) do not smoke
3) eat a healthy diet (lots of quality protein,vegetables and fruit)
4) exercise
5) cleanse and exfoliate properly as needed by your skin type
6) maybe you would also benefit from a good vitamin C serum
7) at 24, your 'wrinkles' can only really be one of two things
a) severe sun damage
b) dry skin...
These are just my thoughts. If you really think you have pre-mature aging of your skin, I would suggest seeing a top notch dermatologist....
Best of luck and I hope this helps...

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
No sunscreen??? Shame shame shame on you-

You know I not used the Xtendlife creams so I can't comment on if they would work or not. But what you can try using is a microfiber cloth which gives you a good exfoliation. This is the cloth I would recommend.
Microfiber Cleansing ClothÂ*-Â*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger

You could also try thier pumpkin peel which is great, I love it.
Pro Pumpkin Peel 1 oz.Â*-Â*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger

At 24, I would say you are too young to try a TCA peel, but you could definately try any BHA/AHA peel.

As far as a good moisturizer, you could try just using jojoba oil. Skinactives has serveral nice creams. Here are a few to look at.
Skin Actives Scientific : Dream Cream by Skin Actives
Skin Actives Scientific : Coffee Fruit Cream
Skin Actives Scientific : Marine Nutrient Cream with Sea Kelp Bioferment
Skin Actives Scientific : Canvas Base Cream

·
Registered
440 Posts
All I can say (I'm kind of a one tricky pony) is: RETIN-A. Start low, go slow. Top it off with a good moisturizer, cleanser, UV protection. You can throw in some peels later on if you want.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm 24 myself and I "feel" like I'm getting old. Shame on me! What else can I possibly be worrying about besides trying to maintain my youth....isn't that what everyone is comsumed with?? every anti-wrinkle cream commercial I see, I consider buying for prevention purposes. But anywho....I've found that moisture is the key! when I started retin-a the dryness did make my skin look older, then I accidently found out that smothering my skin with A&D ointment gave beautiful results, I used A and D ointment in exceess after experiencing skin that was raw and continually peeling from retin-a and now I use it everynight solo, or on top of the retin-a. I wait about an hour.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The age is so tender so don't worry much. Maybe it's your worrying that's causing the wrinkles?
anyways, just hydrate yourself to keep the skin smooth and soft and do the basic: cleanse,exfoliate (when needed) and moisturize. Eat right and live healthy.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I've seen Alot of people under 30 with the start of crows feet. Because...tanning beds or over the top outdoor tanning without SS. Oh the young..they never think anything will happen to them..I was there once. Your still very young so take care of the skin.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I guess, what you have are premature wrinkles. Exposing your skin directly under the sun for long hours worsens the problem. As what our fellow members have shared, you may want to refrain from the direct sun exposure or use sunblock creams with High SPF to prevent skin wrinkles. There are many skin care products available in the market that can help you with your wrinkles. However, you may want to choose those skin care products that contains antioxidants. One reason is that they eliminate toxins as well as other harmful elements in the skin. It shields the skin from the negative effects of free radicals.

·
Registered
14 Posts
homemade natural facial masks are great! you can check out some recipes. and yeah, anti-wrinkle creams are everywhere. although i believe that they won't eliminate your wrinkes but just reduce them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You need to take plenty of water and fresh fruits and vegetables while using anti-aging cream, otherwise it may harmful for your skin.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i agree that somehow it's our own negligence that brings wrinkles to our face that's why we see them at an early age. yeah, keep good habits in taking care of your skin.
- drink plenty of water
- get enough sleep
- smile always

1 - 13 of 13 Posts