Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I live in South Wales, United Kingdom. I'm really glad that I found this forum, because skincare is my passion since I tried Mary Kay at 15. I've tried lots of stuff since then, still searching, and never can stick to one brand even if I like it
I gave up smoking about 5 years ago devoting myself to spirituality and healthy well-being, exercising, and looking after my skin. That is why I get compliments about my good skin although at 16 I was just a spotty teenager (really unhappy about my skin)

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Alienka
What a sweet avatar!!! and welcome here!
Good on ya for quitting smoking and looking for healthy things.
Good luck in your spiritual journey as well!
fawnie

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
168 Posts
Welcome Alienka congrats on giving up smoking and can't wait to hear your input on skincare.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys! I thought most people do not read introduction section but I was wrong

About my skincare: As I said, I started using Mary Kay at 15, then tried lots of different products - L'oreal, Garnier, Olay, and so on. However, I had some breakouts for years, and my skin was oily. The 'turnaround' for me happened when for the first time in my life somebody gave me a compliment about my skin and how it improved. The secret then was - I used Nutrogena face wash and toner (both are from their 'orange' range for acne with salicylic acid) and the moisturizer I used was the luxurious Lancome Aqua Fusion for making my skin soft and smooth. I think that Lancome Aqua Fusion's claims about the moisture:
------ 'Skin experts, the Lancôme Laboratories have decoded the composition of the water in the skinâ€2122s cells and transformed it into Aquacellularâ„¢. This water, which contains 16 essential elements is at the heart of the AQUA FUSION formula and continuously infuses your skin to replenish it and help it regain its ideal moisture level'--------------
are quite real, because after 3 weeks my skin looked plumper than before, while Neutrogena completely erased all my breakouts and cleaned up my pores. That's how I acheived really nice (or improved) skin then.

Now I am interested in Skin Ceuticals. I found that quite a few people on this forum found this brand as quite effective, may be because it has to be prescribed by doctor or a beautician in salon, and you cannot buy it from the shelf due to the strength of their ingredients. Skin Ceuticals are not cheap. One of their 'famous' product is ferulic acid with vit. C and E that supposed to make a big difference as an anti-aging product. Interestingly enough, I found that another company called Forever Young (here in UK) making very similar to Skin Ceuticals products and claim that they are similar to Skin Ceuticals, especially their Ferulic Acid. The price is about 10 times lower! So I've decided to try and ordered it (I'm waiting for it at the moment). Also they make chemical peel kits of different strengths that, as they claim, similar to high-price salon ones, although their prices are very reasonable. If anyone interested in these products you can find them on ebay.uk (then type "ferulic acid" and you'll find their e-bay shop). I will update on their products when I'll try them, probably in anti-aging section of this forum.
Hope you find this info useful in some way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome, I am new here also. Good for you for quitting smoking (I did too! Yippee!!) and for being so concerned with your skin care at such a young age. You will be glad you did. There is so much really great advice on here. Enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts