Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new here.....I'll be 29 in Nov and have always appeared younger than my age; however I have noticed that within the past couple of months that I have begun to develop deep lines underneath my eyes (esp. the right one) and the start of crows feet...again, mainly under the right eye.

I have been using Prevera for about 1.5 weeks and haven't noticed anything, aside from some possible mintue fading of the slight creasces on my forehead. I have just ordered a tube of viterol A for the eyes and am contemplating ordering a tube of Retin A...but I'm unsure as to which strength to choose. I was leaning towards starting out with the weakest .025mg strength....what do you guys think??
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone here actually seen fine lines or crows feet dissapear after the continuous usage of viterol A of Retin A, or is this just kind of a "it helps me sleep better knowing that I have applied it" type of deal....??
Forgive my skepticism.....

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I've been using it for well over 10 years. I use it for preventative purposes. No wrinkles.
Retin-A is the last product you need to be skeptical about. It's the zillion other miracle products out there that you do. It's been scientifically proven to work. Tons of loyal users.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been using it for well over 10 years. I use it for preventative purposes. No wrinkles.
Retin-A is the last product you need to be skeptical about. It's the zillion other miracle products out there that you do. It's been scientifically proven to work. Tons of loyal users.
What is the deal with viterol A only being for people over 30, am I going to to spontaneously combust because I'm 1.5 yrs too young?? LOL

I've already ordered it, so hopefully not....

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Hey ray just wanted to point out that yes retin a is a good product, but however in your 20s all you really should be using for anti aging is a vit c serum and SPF! This is just my opinion, peri may disagree!

Also if you have eye lines under the eyes these are not crows feet, crows feet are what you get either side of the eye area!

With the viterol a i have been using this for a while and think it is a great product, but please be careful it does not burn your eye area!

Please though only introduce one product into your skin care routine at a time and just be careful and dont do everything at once, otherwise you could end up damaging your face!

Also you may want to go on the Smart Skin Care - Intelligent Rejuvenation Through Science for more info about skin care in your 20s etc!

I know with myself it has taken me about 5 months before going up a level on the retinol product, Green Cream, that i use! When i did try to go up to the next level my skin peeled badly, you may not want to rush going to a higher strength level, until you have been on the lower strength for a good while!

Good luck with it all! Good night everyone

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
What is the deal with viterol A only being for people over 30, am I going to to spontaneously combust because I'm 1.5 yrs too young?? LOL

I already ordered it, so hopefully not....
Some say wait till your 30 to start using Retin-A. Not bad advice but anywhere near that age is fine IMO as well as others. Especially since your seeing wrinkles already.
Others here know much more about Viterol A than me but I dont know why it would say for use under age 30. Since it's nowhere near as strong a product as Retin-A

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey ray just wanted to point out that yes retin a is a good product, but however in your 20s all you really should be using for anti aging is a vit c serum and SPF! This is just my opinion, peri may disagree!

Also if you have eye lines under the eyes these are not crows feet, crows feet are what you get either side of the eye area!
With the viterol a i have been using this for a while and think it is a great product, but please be careful it does not burn your eye area!

Please though only introduce one product into your skin care routine at a time and just be careful and dont do everything at once, otherwise you could end up damaging your face!

Also you may want to go on the for more info about skin care in your 20s etc!

I know with myself it has taken me about 5 months before going up a level on the retinol product, Green Cream, that i use! When i did try to go up to the next level my skin peeled badly, you may not want to rush going to a higher strength level, until you have been on the lower strength for a good while!

Good luck with it all! Good night everyone
I understand that, I mainly just have the lines underneath the eyes....but I am starting to develop crows feet near my right eye.....I dunno, I'm nearly 30 and I used to hit the tanning booth a fair amount, so I fear that this aging process is going to continue to expedite.....

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Rays--I have seen these lines disappear. They are the only signs of facial aging I have and have actually had them for a long time, since my early 20's. I am not 100% convinced they are aging but think some people are more prone to these as I have seen CHILDREN with the lines under the eyes and have had them since I was AT LEAST 21 and possibly before but that is when I noticed them. I have used retin-a and Super-Cop from Skinbiology. The latter is a copper peptide that suposedly remodels skin. I am not very impressed with most of Skinbiology's product line BUT I swear that despite using retin-a on and off for a while I never saw the lines disappear until I combined .05% retin a with the Super-Cop. I am assuming when you say lines under your eyes you mean like 2-3 fine lines where people who usually have bags? I did once speak to a PS about it and he told me that it was completely normal and NOT crow's feet or aging related which is in line with my suspicions. I too thought they were the beginning of crow's feet though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rays--I have seen these lines disappear. They are the only signs of facial aging I have and have actually had them for a long time, since my early 20's. I am not 100% convinced they are aging but think some people are more prone to these as I have seen CHILDREN with the lines under the eyes and have had them since I was AT LEAST 21 and possibly before but that is when I noticed them. I have used retin-a and Super-Cop from Skinbiology. The latter is a copper peptide that suposedly remodels skin. I am not very impressed with most of Skinbiology's product line BUT I swear that despite using retin-a on and off for a while I never saw the lines disappear until I combined .05% retin a with the Super-Cop. I am assuming when you say lines under your eyes you mean like 2-3 fine lines where people who usually have bags? I did once speak to a PS about it and he told me that it was completely normal and NOT crow's feet or aging related which is in line with my suspicions. I too thought they were the beginning of crow's feet though.
No, these popped up recently....either that or recently deepened sufficiently enough to the point which I can now notice them.....the one under my right eye is deep and all of a sudden began creascing whenever I smile....UGH. I def. do have the start of corws feet next to my right eye, though.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I am opposite and have more lines under my right eye. If they just popped up under one eye you may want to see a dermatologist (I would but I am paranoid).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am opposite and have more lines under my right eye. If they just popped up under one eye you may want to see a dermatologist (I would but I am paranoid).
No, they are under both eyes, but worse under my right eye....the nascent crows feet are also only next to my right eye....my right cheek bone is a bit higher and I think that this causes the right side of my face to be more susceptible to wrinkles.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Rays I have very high cheekbones that are almost asiatic actually--I have a semi-Asian looking face due to Northern Scandinavian heritage but dark Greek hair and eyes due to my Greek side and I cannot say the cheekbones make me more prone but I do think retin-a and Super-Cop are worth trying, it really has got rid of these for me! I am also a November baby btw!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rays I have very high cheekbones that are almost asiatic actually--I have a semi-Asian looking face due to Northern Scandinavian heritage but dark Greek hair and eyes due to my Greek side and I cannot say the cheekbones make me more prone but I do think retin-a and Super-Cop are worth trying, it really has got rid of these for me! I am also a November baby btw!
I dunno, then....I do know that my right cheekbone is higher and the right side of my face has more prominent wrinkles.....
I think that I should prolly start off with .025 stength Retin A....where did you get the super-cop??
How long did the concoction take to work?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Rays--you can get the copper peptide at Skin Treatment Products to Improve Skin Texture, Tighten Facial Skin and Improve Skin Tone with Copper-Peptides I tried a lot of their products but really can only recommend the Super-Cop (the neck & decollate cream is also good but as a man I do not think you would need that). All the other products to me seem like a lot of hype. It worked for me in about 6 months. Retin-a has an extremely cummulative effect and has been shown to continue to improve skin for up to 10 years OR more! I am going on to the 1% now but started with the .05% and would actually recommend that to save money to be honest. The reason I say that is because you can mix it out which I did with the .05% and then in the same tube you can go to maximum strength if you want. If you use alldaychemist then no need to really get the higher strength if you want to start low because they are so cheap!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rays--you can get the copper peptide at Skin Treatment Products to Improve Skin Texture, Tighten Facial Skin and Improve Skin Tone with Copper-Peptides[/url] I tried a lot of their products but really can only recommend the Super-Cop (the neck & decollate cream is also good but as a man I do not think you would need that). All the other products to me seem like a lot of hype. It worked for me in about 6 months. Retin-a has an extremely cummulative effect and has been shown to continue to improve skin for up to 10 years OR more! I am going on to the 1% now but started with the .05% and would actually recommend that to save money to be honest. The reason I say that is because you can mix it out which I did with the .05% and then in the same tube you can go to maximum strength if you want. If you use alldaychemist then no need to really get the higher strength if you want to start low because they are so cheap!
Did you apply Retin A first, then the copper pepitde immediately after?
The Retin A didn't irritate the area just under your eye??

·
Registered
353 Posts
Did you apply Retin A first, then the copper pepitde immediately after?
The Retin A didn't irritate the area just under your eye??
I didn't read this whole thread, but just want to jump in and share that when using both CP's + Retin-A, the CP's shoulb be applied to clean dry face, and Retin-A followed 30 minutes later.. RA will help to push the CP's deeper.. Nothing should be applied on top of RA for best results.. (Buffering RA is BS..
)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, ladies...

Which type of Retin A is the best to use for corws feet and under eye wrinkles??
I have a Mexican link to get the standard kind, cheaply; but I've heard that Taz may be better...is this true....if so, where can I get that, cheaply??

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Hey ray really you should get retin a through a doctors prescription, cause otherwise you are self presceibing your self, and if any thing goes wrong, this is obviously at your own risk!

Personally if you are wanting to strat using retinol then may be start using micro retin as this should be less irrating on the skin and then move on to retin a!

I would not use copper peptides personally as i know some people here on the site has had bad experiences with them and this is what put me off!

However though just be careful with what you use, and only introduce one new product at a time, that way if something goes wrong you know exactly what this is!

Yes the viterol a should help, but however just be on the safe side i would e mail the company to ask why they say you should be over 30 before using this product!

You dont want to end up damaging your face!

You could start using the vit c serum here on the site we have, however personally i would get get used to either retin, and then introduct vit c serum few months later, or vica versa!

I do agree with lexi about the dermatologist, im waiting for my appointment with my one at the moment! Hey though im paronoid too and it does worry me if they say dont use retinol under 30, im sure these companys have good reason for saying this!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Kassy--Just curious why you say buffering Retin-a is BS? I have been buffering it quite successfully for a long time, especially at times I do have gone off it and resumed it. In fact, one of the foremost experts on Tretinoin (Retin-a's active ingredient), Dr. Kligman suggests buffering and how to deliver. Retin-a in itself is tretinoin buffered in an emollient.

You can read more here which is extremely informative on ALL issues regarding Tretinoin (Retin-a): KligmanUSPatent.pdf ( 80.01K )

Hope that came out as I am not sure how to attach a PDF here.

Also Kassy why do you say to put the Copper Peptide on BEFORE? I called Skinbiology and they told me to apply my SuperCop AFTER I had left the Retin-a on and it has absorbed. I usually clean my face, apply the Retin-a and then wait a few hours and before bed apply the SuperCop to my eye area, upper lip and forehead (the latter two only as preventatives and the eyes to treat and maintain the results I have achieved. I do not doubt you but I like to know sources so I can read up on these things as everyone seems to have different advice on almost EVERY product!

IluvNY--who has had problems with Copper Peptides? I would be interested to chat with them. I get some irritation around my eyes but it has certainly improved the small fine lines I had under my eyes so as of now I am happy.

I do agree that NOTHING beats a dermatologist appointment as they are uniquely trained to treat, diagnos and discuss your skin issues. If you are 28 and have lines I do want to add this is pretty normal. Many people want to say that wrinkles do not and should not appear until you are X years old but in reality at 25 your body starts its decline and no longer is acting in its youth but is now at a plateau which will slowly start to decline. Many people notice the first signs of aging around 25-30 which is exactly where Rays is and the eyes are more often than not the first place you see age related changes.

The good news is that little additional aging occurs until about 35 at which point more significant changes start to occur. Naturally it varies from person to person and does have a huge correlation with the amount of sun you got AS A CHILD not even as an adult though that will exacerbate any changes that are to occur.

As for the self-prescribing, well I tend not to be as cautious as IluvNY as I find retin-a not only relatively safe, but also it is sold over the counter in many countries and for a male (which Rays is) it is really very safe as I do not think he is getting pregnant any time soon. Most people here actually do buy it online for TWO reasons--if you do not get it on health insurance or a national health plan you spend a lot more filling your doctor's prescription than you would just ordering online (alldaychemist is the best place I think which I got from some of the girls here-prices floored me!). We had a huge discussion on this the other day on another thread as I pointed out paracetamol/acetaminophen (tylenol) is far more dangerous than retin-a and is sold over the counter and in MANY products. We all did concur that the pharama industry controls what is prescription and what is OTC and that it makes no sense at times!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts