Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did one arm with one layer of 30% and the other arm with 2 layers. This photo is of the arm with one layer. It started to peel first. As you can see where I have peeled it is very pink where I have not peeled very dark brown almost purple. The rest of my arm is brown from the sun damage in the TCA. This gives one a sense of what to expect from the TCA. Once the pink skin heals I should be free of the sun damage if not I will do another layer, but I can see most of it is gone. The pink new skin is so smooth like a baby's butt. the new area is small but it is the area on my upper arm HTH someone else

·
Registered
192 Posts
looks good so far. y i'm having quite diff experience? i mean i see new skin coming n then getting brown, flakes off n i see skin coming again. did u take dry skin off by urself? coz when i did ur methd of oil/hot shower only part of it comes off rest gathers on one side like some sort of debri. i'm trying not to pull it out.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Looks good to me there ladygoat, you will be glad when it peels off revealing new fresh skin.

I did 30% TCA on my face just one layer first and has peeled off nicely also did on keloid scar on my thigh, so far the area became so red and quite sore actually. Hope it will peels off within a few days.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes this is being stubborn about coming off. I did the oil last night and tonight. It is softening up and taking care of the intense itching, but the peeling is a bit slow. Patience however, it will come off, but don't pick! You could scare yourself. Just keep it moist if the itching gets too intense.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I've been putting manuka honey on my 30% peel spots and covering with Band-aids. Each time I peek the skin is new and flat and pink. I think keeping the area moist is helping. Does anyone else do this?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
713 Posts
Fawnie...I used Emu Oil liberally, it felt good and I had a very good peel!

·
Registered
192 Posts
i'm keeping skin moist too. mostly indoor i put some oil on whole time. not much help to me though. but will see...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Do you have to keep the skin moist after TCA 30% peel? I read somewhere, that you need to keep it dry so the skin will peel faster.

·
Registered
713 Posts
mytwocents I experimented with nothing on on side and Emu Oil on the other. When I say one side I did my full face, neck, arms, hands and decollete. I had a better peel with the Emu Oil, I peeled faster and was more comfortable with the Oil. I did not do a 30% peel, I did a 3 layer 12.5% on my face,neck and decollete and a five layer 12.5% on my arms and hands.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do the oil when the peeling is itching intensely. It helps to keep it moist to avoid scratching. Normally on the face I don't do that until I start to see the flaking. My face just doesn't itch like the rest of my body. I usually wait until the 4th day to do the oils when the peel begins to flake.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I did two layers, the end result is on another post. My skin is very white and very even. BUT it continues to flake away the last stand of the permatan look which is in itself barely noticeable.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lexi please share some updated photos when you can. I am so happy to hear that the perma tan is gone! I can't wait to get peeled and see my new, fresh, skin back!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Lexi please share some updated photos when you can. I am so happy to hear that the perma tan is gone! I can't wait to get peeled and see my new, fresh, skin back!
I need to go white. I am on a date tomorrow and now that I am not peeling I have been using TONS of self-tanner. I also need to know how to get the self tanner OFF between the fingers. I am mastering most of it but that is UGLY. I know it is a different post but advice would help. I will need to do a whole set of updated photos, I am considering re-doing it all in a few weeks again to just really tighten even more. My skin looks SOO good I am shocked. I mean even people who need not say anything (at my vets today for example) ask why my skin looks so good. It is amazing, you will be pleased when you peel, trust me. It is soooo worth it.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
I was actually going to put up a seperate post about this, but I am getting really itchy about doing a peel. I have had a green peel before which made my skin look amazing for a while, and then I have had glycolic peels.

But nothing major, I have done microdermabrasion, IPL, Tanda skincare. I currently use copper peptides and emu oil from Skin Biology still early days though. Anyway I really want to try out the TCA maybe before Christmas.

What would you all recommend? I am concerned that if I am to look like an old sofa for a few days then I may as well go for a stronger solution one!

Also how many days would it be likely I peeled for, I know everyone is different! But I would really appreciate the advice, thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
i'm almost done my second week and still not completely done peeling.i used 15% but if u r already familiar with peels u might wanna try 18% or 21% depending on ur goals. for me 15% didn't do much(i did it for my scars, some skin tags and uneven skin tone...yes it did make my nasal fabloids less visble than before) so i might hav to use it atleast two more times i guess.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For me and mature skin and problems ( freckles and brown areas ) 18% is what I did on my face. The 30% is doing a good job on the arms. Certain areas will need a stronger solution. Your face will probably do well with the 18% you can test with one layer if you don't frost do another layer.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Angel Hair
My novice advice would be to experiment on your arms so you know what to do. That way it isn't so scary when it happens on your face.

Oh. And DON'T PICK!! You will scar then!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
713 Posts
Fawnie...I don't know how band aids would have stayed on my skin, I kept Emu Oil on it and the skin was peeling off like amber coloured cellophane and I thik it would have torn the "cellophane" bits off...and I was a bugger for not picking!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I only put the band-aids on the spots on my arms Kid. It made my husband look me seriously in the eye and say, "WHAT are you doing to yourself?"

How do you guys explain all the strange-looking areas in various stages of healing? I told him I was pruning the roses, but he looked skeptical. If I told him I was putting TCA on my skin to get rid of brown spots he'd lecture.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
713 Posts
Fawnie...when my husband complains I just ignore it, I would look like a 400 year old hag if I listened to him. Oh, by the way, I had a nice afternoon with Rod Stewart today! I had my CD player up loud playing his music and I was playing with my new Vaculifter...my husband walked in and all he said was "why is the Union Jack laying over the table?" (I had loaned my Union Jack to my neighbour that was having her
British Mother In Law staying with her.) He knows I'm bonkers so he doesn't say too much. Although he had a hissy fit when he had to sign for a box of stuff from Ebay...oh well...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts