Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i hve stopped using any product with HQ ummmmmmmmmm it just doesnt mix well with my skin plain and simple....but a couple weeks ago i was cleaning out my drawyer and i found fair and lovely and fair and handsome actually i had originally sworn these product off but ive been using them and i can actually wear fair and lovely 24/7 and it WONT irrate my skin at all!!!((((But i only wear it at nite because i would break out if worn to much))))))) and it does seem to be working more than any product with HQ did but of corse i am always on the quest for something better i think its funny how FAIR AND LOVELY ayuredveic(sp?) says its completly natural but i know its nottttt im pretty sure it may contain heavy metals such as mercury arsenic????????? but i guess that doesnt matter to me either way just being honest.................anyway i was wondering if you knew about the skin lightening products from skinactives.com. worked wellp with sensitive skin........and just any general information on how it worked for you............

p.s
here here for cold weather

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
THe reason why you see results with Fair and Lovely and Fair and Handsome is because they used something called Titanium Dioxide which is basically white PAINT and when you have them on your skin, your skin has a white cast which looks like you are paler, when infact its just a physical substance sitting on top of your skin like makeup without doing anything. I tried the skinactives Comprehensive Brightening Cream, which is excellent for evening your tone, brightening, nourishing your skin with all the vitamin/antioxidants in it and relieving dry skin.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm yah ive read that about fair and lovely basically i want something thats not going to burn my face off!!! but i do see results....i only wear at nite and when i wash it off i notice a change in tone not just when im wearing so iono everyone is different BUT thank you for you response i def want to try the brightening cream it seems reasonably priced too

·
Registered
72 Posts
Fair & Lovely - has just TiO2 but Fair & Handsome is different as it has liqourice...
But dont expect any lightening. These prdts are just meant to fool the Indian populace..

I WAS one of those fools..

·
Registered
819 Posts
hmmm yah ive read that about fair and lovely basically i want something thats not going to burn my face off!!! but i do see results....i only wear at nite and when i wash it off i notice a change in tone not just when im wearing so iono everyone is different BUT thank you for you response i def want to try the brightening cream it seems reasonably priced too
I have a friend who swears by it. It has been her first ever lightening cream.
She really is bright. I guess it works for some and others not.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yah im surprised myself to that fair and lovely or the handsome one are doing anything positive! i mean i was using nadinolla and iono my face was jacked up but i thought it was normal and my face was always red like if i kept it on for more thann 4 hrs it wouldnt be nice maybe allergic?? so one day i just accepted that, that method wasnt working............but fl is easy on my skin and yah im not sayin its the best nd it prolly only does work if your on the lighter side to begin with..but until i find another method that is safe and pleasant for me than ill stick to thissssssssss and it does make you bright

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok, you're ALSO using benzaclin which is benzoyl PEROXIDE which is bleach. That's the difference. Licorice extract is a natural pigmentation regulator but doubtful it's potent enough to give you such obvious results. You might look for a natural lightener using Kojic Acid...it comes from mushrooms.

·
Registered
46 Posts
ronnyboy I used those creams too. LNL is right. It´s just a white cover on ur face which makes u feel being lighter. I used the products ca 6 weeks but I got such heavy acne from Fair and Lovely. I then had to fight so much against my acne. B4 that my skin was very very clear and smooth. Now I have clear skin again but I still have the acne marks. So be careful using the products. They dont lighten skin.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so i had been using benza clin in high school but for some reason or another stopped, but recently just got it again my acne was coming back with a vengeance.

soo this is news to me so benzaclin lightens? at nite ive been applying benzaclin then waiting then fair and lovely/handsome...so maybe the mix?
i think thats what keeps me from breaking out with the fair nd lovely too hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
19 Posts
You've got chemical warfare going on. Consider switching to salicylic acid (BHA) based products starting at 1% and up to 5%, unless you're allergic to aspirin. Benzoyl peroxide has too many side effects, one being skin cancer, to be considered safe for everyday use. Read my book or go to pubmed,com and get the truth. Consider your diet. Acne starts in the gut.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts