Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I am new to the forum and would love advice from those who've successfully diminished their wrinkles and firmed up their skin. I am 38 and yet have wrinkles almost all over the usual places. They are not deep yet, thank God, but those under my eyes and nose-mouth area are getting deeper and bigger. My skin tends to be on the dry side and it breaks up in little lines on my cheeks when I smile. I used to get compliments for my skin but not anymore. I have always been good at trying out different products and looking after my skin, but the last few years have been particularly tough on me (lots of challenges and stress at home and work) and my face seems to have aged significantly.

I have been using a serum and creme with Hyaluronic Acid to increase the hydration, having been told that dehydration is one of the main causes of wrinkles. I have not seen any improvement though and am now ready for a change.

Here are my questions and I'd welcome your answers

- What has been the most effective product for you to smooth out the wrinkles and prevent the new ones?

- What did you find most effective in firming up the skin?

- I am wondering if NuFace or VacuLift microcurrent devices would be good to lift up and firm up my cheeks and facial muscles. Anyone who's tried them out? Is it worth the investment? Frawnie, what's your opinion? How do they compare to the facial exercises?

- Which peptides are most effective and in which product?

- Which anti-aging masques have worked for you?

- Have you heard of Sundari and its Gotu Kola & Indian Asparagus Mask? It has been recommended to me at a spa and I am wondering if it's worth buying (it's not cheap).

- Would you say that Xtend life cremes are good anti-aging products for my age and condition?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site Artyk, if you look thorught the anti-aging threads you'll find most of your questions answered if not all your questions. Good luck on your quest, and what ever you do, don't give up, there is always a way!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have eliminated just about all of my wrinkles around my eyes, forehead and upper lip (this is where I had the most) with organic argan oil. I have also recently purchased xtend life day cream for firming as recommended by this site and so far I am pretty happy with it. I use argan oil before bed and xtend life during the day. I also apply the argan oil later in the day if my skin starts to look bad or I am going out for the evening. Whatever you choose to do, you must stick to it. All natural products are the way to go...I just found that out over the past year and I am 46.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Charstakpole, thanks for your reply. Where do you buy argan oil and is it in pure form? I heard good things about it for the use on hair, too.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i'm also on the look for a product that saves me from those fine lines under eye area and near mouth esp when i smile b4 they get deeper. i'm determined to try everything i learn from this site. time will tell where i stop n wat will actually give me some hope.

Artyk does Argan oil smells bad? I tried this eye serum fom Kibio with Argan oil not only was it sticky but smelt pretty bad.i didn't buy it fo the reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts