Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for all the people using HQ/RA, what do your results look like thus far. i have only been using for about a week and i'm peeling like crazy on face and body but not my legs for some reason (i wish my whole body would peel at once). the new skin that show is red, kinda wrinkly and dry. it itches during the day even after moisturize it. but i guess this is normal. anyways describe your progress, and what your skin look likes after the first wk, and after the first couple weeks, and months too. i want to know that the way my skin is going is normal.

·
Registered
99 Posts
That sounds pretty normal. My face was peeling right away, but got really bad around my chin line about the 2nd week. I was also using RA on my elbows and knees. My elbows peeled a little, but my knees didn't budge, they just looked dry. So I had to do a 18% TCA and it peeled them really good! I'm not suggesting you use TCA on those areas unless you want a DEEP peeling and won't peel the skin until it falls off, but it works well.

·
Registered
265 Posts
everywhere wont peel at once. Thats just how it goes, it would be a perfect product. Just remember dont overuse and just like anything else, it takes time to completely peel perfectly so dont try to speed it up, some places will peel now some will peel in a few weeks and some places take a month

·
Registered
412 Posts
I think what ur going thru is normal. I first started using the .05% cream for about a month then upgraded to the .1% gel. All of my peeling is around the mouth. Usually it doesnt start to peel until night...but with my luck today it started peeling in the early afternoon. it looked like I totally just grubbed out and didnt bother to wipe my mouth clean lol im thinkn about carrying my microfiber cloth with me in my purse in case of these emergencies lol. im also getting a lot of peeling on my neck. one mark looks like i had a huge hickey thats peeling and red..lol..i had to wear a scarf today to hide it and its 80 degrees! but yah..thats my experience on the HQ/RA combo thus far =) and one more thing...i recently took LNL's advice and bought an oil cleanser to wash my face at night since its better for removing makeup since oil disolves oil..and its helped..my face doesnt feel dry after washing!

·
Registered
412 Posts
i think i read somewhere on here that peeling will usually be around a month...but now that i think about it...some members who have been doing this for a few months now are still peeling. im thinkn the HQ works better if ur skin is peeling so it can penetrate the new skin. you might try to find some remedies for the flaky skin like using emu oil..at least for the face so u can at least look presentable when ur out in public

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
find a good GENTLE scrub from the local drugstore, but I dont understand why you cant just order the cloth which lasts 4 months, if taken care of properly and used on the face. It really gives you a polished, flake free look - > ncnproskincare.com Microfiber cloth.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i want to but since im 18 with no job, living in a college dorm...i get paid by my parents, and i don't get money till nov. 1

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah it sucks anyways one more question

so i've gone over the fact in many threads that only parts of my body are peeling from RA. the peeled area (new skin) is red. when does it turn lighter. cuz it looks awkward parts of my body is red and parts are my normal brown color

and it itches like sh!t!
and why does the body lighten differently than the face?

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
once the RA settles into your skin adn gets comfortable and ur skin gets used to it then the redness will be gone. Remember, you have never used RA in your life and this is the first time so you have to give it a chance to work on your skin and tell your skin cells that its doing good not harm. I believe a lot of hte redness also has to do with the fact that your skin is very dry from the RA so I suggest as always to use a proper MOISTURIZER - thats a must. Use the moisturizer during the day and the RA at night. The body's skin is VERY thick and tougher than face, neck. decolletage, needless to say that it would take longer for your body to show results since all the tough skin needs to be peeled away and all the years of dead skin cells that have been stuck there before HQ has a chance to go deep and lighten.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Manay, to ease the discomfort from all that itching & peeling, you can apply some Eucerin lotion after the RA has had a good 20 mins to sink in. This'll make you a lot more comfortable. With itching, you'll likely be scratching yrself in yr sleep & not even realize it. This happened to me once & I was surprised at how my upper arms looked when I removed my Pyjama top. The Eucerin cured me of that! Olive oil works nicely too as another possibility for you.

For many people, the RA at 0.05% is sufficiently effective to preclude the need for the highest strength. Reducing to this strength might also be an option.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
After you've appropriately applied yr treatment creams, wait & allow them a good 20 mins to absorb. THen, you can smooth on the Eucering & it'll greatly ease any dryness or itchiness from the RA.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
yes you can buy eucerin at the store, it is a big white and long bottle with a wide pump called Eucerin Original Moisturizing Lotion, it lasts a long time so good investment.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i'm going some more RA/HQ next week.
should i buy .05 or just stick with .1% since my body is getting used to it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts