Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been reading the forum for weeks. I started out 4% HQ and 0.1% RA 4 weeks ago (my source was ADC).

When i first started out, I alternated - HQ on mornings and evenings one day and RA only the next day... things were fine, then I tried to use both on a single day, it exfoliated like crazy the next day and my skin got red. I stopped for 2 days and restarted the alternating scheme. My problem is- my skin isnt exfoliating or lightening, I see absolutely no results even after 4 weeks! Its like all the HQ/RA is disappearing into nowhere. I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Btw- My face is pretty dark, the unexposed skin is significantly lighter, I only want to get my face back to the original color, nothing more.

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
hey jimmy, since the 0.1% RA is the strongest out there, you skin is not tolerating it, you may want to order the 0.05%cream version, this strength of RA will get your back to your original color, you wont even need HQ, however, if you want to go a couple shades lighter than ur original color then combine a dime sized amount of 0.05% RA cream to a quarter sized amount of HQ 4% and apply to the whole face nightly, then use SUNBLOCK and HQ 4% during the day.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Two more questions- 0.1% RA on alternate days has no effect on my skin at all. So would using 0.05% daily be more effective than 0.1% on alternate days?

When do people usually start noticing difference with HQ/RA combo?

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
yes using 0.05% daily would give u more of a difference, the reason u can use the 0.1% daily is because its too strong, people usually start noticing a difference in one month, but a slight one at that, around 3 months is when they notice a significant difference, you notice a difference IF YOU used the two creams the RIGHT way, how r u using the HQ/RA? how much of an amount? how r u applying it, when r u applying it, etc.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
413 Posts
I also ordered the HQ from All day chemist, my objective was to even out my skin tone on my arms due to sun damage. I have dark spots on the upper arm and white spots on the lower portion of my arms. It's been a little over 2 weeks and I have not yet seen a difference but understood it would take at least a month. From the odor I believe it's pretty potent!

Is it possible that AllDayChemist's HQ isn't really at strength 4%? Is anybody else getting no results?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I also ordered the HQ from All day chemist, my objective was to even out my skin tone on my arms due to sun damage. I have dark spots on the upper arm and white spots on the lower portion of my arms. It's been a little over 2 weeks and I have not yet seen a difference but understood it would take at least a month. From the odor I believe it's pretty potent!

Is it possible that AllDayChemist's HQ isn't really at strength 4%? Is anybody else getting no results?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Ive been reading the forum for weeks. I started out 4% HQ and 0.1% RA 4 weeks ago (my source was ADC).

When i first started out, I alternated - HQ on mornings and evenings one day and RA only the next day... things were fine, then I tried to use both on a single day, it exfoliated like crazy the next day and my skin got red. I stopped for 2 days and restarted the alternating scheme. My problem is- my skin isnt exfoliating or lightening, I see absolutely no results even after 4 weeks! Its like all the HQ/RA is disappearing into nowhere. I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Btw- My face is pretty dark, the unexposed skin is significantly lighter, I only want to get my face back to the original color, nothing more.
I think you should try applying a lactic acis peel, thats the only thing that really lighten me,my face is freakin glowing

·
Registered
245 Posts
@JIMMY - you made teh very same Mistake I did.. when I turned red using hq i stopped using it for a few days...

and gave my skin time to recuperate and possibly develop a little resistance..

it may ether not work as much or may take longer or a higher percentage.. try completely statying iout of the sun now.. these are the only options may add wiht hq now

·
Registered
500 Posts
i was also thinking adc hq was not really 4% ,as it did not work for me,but im trying again 1 week in still not seeing any diff

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
It is the one I use. It is definitely effective. Back in Jan, I was the same dark red brown as Germaine Jackson. You may have an accumulation of sundamage related hyperpigmentation to slough off. THis can take a while to remove.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I know this is an older post but I'm current wondering too. For some reason, I felt like I was seeing more change from the 3% Othine/ Xtra-strength Nadinola

...that's not possible is it?

I was expecting something like the 4% I used in the 90s (came in a small dark brown plastic tube, noticeable results in 1.5 week). This isn't the same at all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts