Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm 50 years old and do not look or feel that old, but skin is a problem and has been for years. I'm very oily (live in high humidity location) so that only exasperates the problem and I still break out monthly. I've tried many different mattifiers, skin care regiments, etc. etc. and the oil continues to exist.

I'm hoping to gain insight on new products that can help me control the oil plus help reduce pore size and fine lines/wrinkles. I'm blonde and very fair and do not go out in the sun anymore, despite frying myself in my teens and early 20's.

Any help will be appreciated!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Fawnie: Yes, I've tried Retin-A but it was years ago. I am on Benaclyn topical cream from dermatologist now and it works well for breakouts but not the oil problem. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Welcome Drainis! an oily skin will wrinkle less faster than dry skin, that's the only good side of oily skin. When my skin gets oily, it's usually when I eat cheese.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about that. My first pick would have been retin-a as well. Hmm...please report back when you find something you feel works well. I'm curious to know how this sorts out.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for commenting. I will let everyone know if I find something that does work. Using this expensive Sothis product line now and have so for only a month and haven't really seen too much of a change but I will stay on it. I'm curious about the cheese...I probably do eat too much cheese on occasions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts