Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have suffered from skin problems such as systic acne, deep premature wrinkles due to sun damage all of my life. I tortured myself in the sun thinking the suntan would treat my acne. I have had numerous treatments including two X-ray treatments which is the way they used to treat acne when nothing else worked. I'm not expecting miracles but I need all the help I can get. have already found a few things to try and I thank you.
Still hopeful, Bev.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi Bev and welcome to the site! there are lots of people here whom believe that the answer to that question lies in retin A as well as vitamine C, If you look through the anti-aging threads you'll find your own vitamine c serum that you can make at home at a fraction of the price, good luck on your quest.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:Thanks to all of you that have given me the encouragement and recipies....hope at last. Can anyone tell me if the 8 percent peel would be too harsh for my aging thin skin? I am a little bit scared to try anything that drastic. Bev.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I started with a 12.5% TCA peel I am 47 and found it to be a very light peel. You could try it first and see how it goes and go from there. But it took 18% to get rid of my age spots from sun damage. Welcome you will find a lot of help here.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Welcome bevdansie.

I applaud your attitude!

I want to be wanting to look good at 76!

Go Girl

·
Registered
29 Posts
I still say, as in my other post to someone, try Liftoxyl and/or peptoxyl. Along with everyone else's advice. These are great product that my Aunt Linda uses. She's 84 and looks 50. Seriously.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I still say, as in my other post to someone, try Liftoxyl and/or peptoxyl. Along with everyone else's advice. These are great product that my Aunt Linda uses. She's 84 and looks 50. Seriously.
Hi heidihill, what are Liftoxyl and/or peptoxyl?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts