Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK--this is too good to be true and I am trying to find out more about this but from what I understand this is really exciting.

A TANNING BED THAT REVERSES AGING!

YES--you heard me! This "tanning bed" is coming soon to a salon near you. It is a tanning bed that uses LED lights to stimulate FULL body and face collagen and elastin production. Like a HUGE BabyQ!

Needless to say this is very exciting! It is not a tanning bed but is shaped like one and ironically could be in a salon near you soon. It is called the ProSun ASR model and features LED lamps that will stimulate collagen production if used in a series of 15 minute treatments. The lamps themselves can be bought separately and placed into ANY tanning bed--shame I got rid of mine!

FAWNIE I WISH I HAD WAITED ON MY BABYQ NOW, WE CAN BABYQ OUR WHOLE BODIES!!!

I would rather be BabyQed than BBQed!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Haha...."rather be BabyQ'd than BBQ'd". Yes I have read about the full body LED, but expect it would be very expensive!!

There is a guy online who custom-makes LED devices (ledman or ledguy, something like that) who might be able to help you if you want the jump on it. I would worry about systemic effects of so much LED though, wouldn't you?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am concerned about the systemic effects but so far they have been approved for use so I am assuming they are safer than my years in the tanning beds (though these too are approved for use). I have heard that people feel a tingling after but I reckon that is a good thing. I am not sure these go too deep as to cause internal worries, I would assume that the biggest worry would be stimulation of abnormal cells.

For now I am going to wait and see how this goes. I am thinking of this in my "dream skin spa store" that I hope one day to own!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Llucy! I really would love to do it! Surgical consultations by a p.s and spa services coupled with facials, massage, this "younging" bed, and--my big idea--TAKE ALL THIS STUFF WE ALL USE AND PUT IT IN ONE STORE! It is so hard to source all this information on your own sometimes!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Good luck lexi if you do open your own store, i must say im in the process of going into business for myself, i cant wait, my boyfirend is also on hand to come up with some great ideas that i can use for it as well!

What im finding is that if you come up with an idea that no one else has come up the bigger and better the business will hopefully be!

Anyhow im so tired after working all day i best go before i end up falling asleep infront of the computer!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sleep well IluvNy! And yes, starting one's own business is trying I can imagine. I just feel like I want to do something other than the research I have been doing the last two years and do something that really excites me and is relevant to my every day life. I would still practise my trade but this is something I can see doing well into my golden years.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Actually, Nanci @ NCNProSkincare.com is doing a pretty good job herself of finding the best of the best and offering it to us at a good price! Check it out!

She is a sweetheart to do business with too and always gives great samples of new products with every order! She's a good role model for anyone starting out in the business and is on a first-name basis with all of her customers.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, Nanci @ NCNProSkincare.com is doing a pretty good job herself of finding the best of the best and offering it to us at a good price! Check it out!

She is a sweetheart to do business with too and always gives great samples of new products with every order! She's a good role model for anyone starting out in the business and is on a first-name basis with all of her customers.
I did! I have ordered from her before and she sent me a great pumpkin peel and a personal note which I really liked in terms of not feeling like just another chaching for an online company! I just dream of having an actual store where people can get INSTANT GRATIFICATION, as in buy these products on the spot and go home!

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts

Yep I can't agree with you more!! I sent her an email saying just that!! She is a very smart buisness woman for getting on a first-name basis and because of this, she will go FAR!!! It means a lot to the person on the other end..........like me and you fawnie!!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I did! I have ordered from her before and she sent me a great pumpkin peel and a personal note which I really liked in terms of not feeling like just another chaching for an online company! I just dream of having an actual store where people can get INSTANT GRATIFICATION, as in buy these products on the spot and go home!
I hear you, SexyLexi, and I always like to touch the merchandise before I buy it too. But the overhead can be a killer starting a new business and you don't reach the scope of customers that you can online. Sad to say, that's business in the new age! I wish you luck though and hope you realize your big dream!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hear you, SexyLexi, and I always like to touch the merchandise before I buy it too. But the overhead can be a killer starting a new business and you don't reach the scope of customers that you can online. Sad to say, that's business in the new age! I wish you luck though and hope you realize your big dream!
Agree--but that is why you have a shop that also is online

I actually would only ever do it if I came into a lot of money and was able to do it somewhere like where I live now (Miami Beach) where appearance is everything and the money flows freely! To have both a boutique like store/spa and also offer products discount online would be the best to me. I would personally go to a place like that for a consult then I would buy online. You know the first time you buy something you want it YESTERDAY so to get it on site is great then to be able to replenish your supplies online creates a relationship. Naturally you do not get everyone but if you are somewhere that people frequent on holidays then you do get a lot more traffic.

As of now--just a pipe dream still!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I have to say with our business we are setting up at the moment, we are just starting off as a very small, with not much money, and slowly going to build on this, however what im loving about what we are doing is that we have a business idea that no one else has come up with yet, so this is what im so excited about myself!

Best of luck with it though lexi!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have to say with our business we are setting up at the moment, we are just starting off as a very small, with not much money, and slowly going to build on this, however what im loving about what we are doing is that we have a business idea that no one else has come up with yet, so this is what im so excited about myself!

Small is the way to go! In this economy too much of a financial lay-out is sooo risky! The irony is that it is probably the best time to rent and such due to the economy! Good luck and let us know a bit about this business!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

NY
What is your new business? Can you share?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
sorry guys my lips are sealed, but the business prob wont get started till later in the year after i finish college and working in retail but i cant wait to get started working for myself and learning new skills

thanks guys though for the interest

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
OK--this is too good to be true and I am trying to find out more about this but from what I understand this is really exciting.

A TANNING BED THAT REVERSES AGING!

YES--you heard me! This "tanning bed" is coming soon to a salon near you. It is a tanning bed that uses LED lights to stimulate FULL body and face collagen and elastin production. Like a HUGE BabyQ!

Needless to say this is very exciting! It is not a tanning bed but is shaped like one and ironically could be in a salon near you soon. It is called the ProSun ASR model and features LED lamps that will stimulate collagen production if used in a series of 15 minute treatments. The lamps themselves can be bought separately and placed into ANY tanning bed--shame I got rid of mine!

FAWNIE I WISH I HAD WAITED ON MY BABYQ NOW, WE CAN BABYQ OUR WHOLE BODIES!!!

I would rather be BabyQed than BBQed!
Quasar Pro, the professional line that sells the BQ already sells something similar to a tanning bed which is full of the LED's for the entire body. It's 30,000 dollars I think.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
That type of product doesn't fit in with any of the businesses I'm doing, while I think it's an excellent product, I don't think there's a real market for it here in Ottawa. Perhaps if I was in Cali or Fl. Besides $30,000 is a rather large investment for a simple profit center.

I read that you go in it for 15 to 30 minutes. I didn't see any problems using the BQ on my knee and injuries so I don't see any problems with using it on the body as a whole.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts