Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie to this site and LOVE it! However, I am transitioning my line of skincare from drug store brands to natural more "grown up" ones. I am coming up on 30 and think it's time to start actually caring about and preventing my skin from the signs of age, etc... I have dry and blemish free skin. I do however have slight redness on my cheeks that make-up covers, but would like to help rid this as well. Anyway, help choosing an affordable, natual moisturizer that matches my skin type would be appreciated! Current moisturizer is Oil of Olay (Sensitive).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would recommend Korres or Lierac I have been useing both these products now for about 6 months and the difference is unbelievable my skin feels so much clearer. I would always wear stupid amounts of make-up to cover redness but now I wear hardly any. The secret is to Cleanse, Treat and hydrate. Always use seperate eye make up remover I use Lierac Dioptidemaq Eye Makeup Remover (lasts for months) then I use Korres Milk Proteins 3 in 1 cleansing tonic removing emulsion to remove the rest of my make-up, then exfoliate with Lierac soin exfoliant visage face scrub (I have had this 5 months and its still over half full, you only need a very small amount) then finish of with an anti age moisturiser I've tried both korres and Lierac but cant decide which is my favourate but have a look at either Lierac Hydra-Chrono Comfort Creme (This helps with combination skin) or try Korres Wild Rose 24 hour Moisturiser for Brightening & Illuminating.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Marissa,

Dry skin needs special care. Choose a moisturiser containing a sunscreen to give anti-aging protection.

For night try rose and almond night cream or rose oil because I do not consider the cream you're using to be rich enough for your complexion,

best wishes,

redrose

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks indiesecrets....lots of useful info and awesome that you included where to buy!!!!
Thanks to redrose as well.....night creams have always kept me puzzled.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm not really suggesting products but 3 of my favorite brands are

boscia
caudalie (although pricey)
Juice Beauty
All available at skinstore.com or sephora.com

Alba and Burts Bees are natural and available at the drugstore. I really like Burt's Bees naturally ageless. I also like Joppa Minerals acai renewing cream. Joppa Minerals

And Marissa, I'm 29.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply dash for cash! Is the the Alba line a good one to use?

·
Registered
475 Posts
I've become more and more interested in them. I've used the super emolliant body lotion and really really like it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I've been using Burt's Bees Naturally Ageless Lotion and love it. On my 2nd bottle and getting a spare this weekend. No SPF though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts