Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read an interesting article about a mouthguard called the oralift that has supposed great anti -aging benefits, it's not cheap though.
I've tried unsuccessfully to copy and paste it, so check out the article on Home | Mail Online under the heading " Can this bit of plastic make you look 10 years younger" or you can check it out the site of the dentist who developed it, facial rejuvenation, facial aging treatments, anti aging skin, look younger,regain youthful essense obtain natural look with Oralift UK It really seems to be an easy if not expensive way of doing facial exercises.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi
Yes I've been reading about that too. EssentialDaySpa.com has had posts about it. I called all the dentists and oral surgeons in town and none had even heard of it (hard to believe). I gave up on finding it, but let me know if you find it!!
I agree - exercises would be more effective.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hiya,

I know that there are at least 20 dentists in the UK that do Oralift. I went and saw the inventor of it, Dr Mohindra in London, him and his wife/assistant were lovely!
I got fitted and I am about 1 and a half month in. result already showing, yippee!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Sounds good in theory but I think I would have to try it out for myself.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
This is so funny. I have a very large, uncomfortable night guard that I am supposed to wear. I had just spent a small fortune on custom-made dental trays from my dentist, and didn't want to pay him another fee to make a custom tray for night use, so I purchased one of those do it yourself kits from the local pharmacy. You know, the kind that you boil to soften and then form yourself to fit your mouth.

It is a gigantic piece of plastic and is about the size of the photo in the article linked in the above post. I don't do well with it and can only wear if a couple of hours a night before I tear it out and give up. But I am convinced that it has mimiced the upper lip exercises that I do and has firmed up those muscles considerably. It was not designed for that purpose, and has done nothing for my cheeks, but my upper lip, yes.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Randy, if you ever need a custom fit mouthguard/nightguard again, I've noticed that there are a lot of dental labs advertising online. They are the same labs dentists use! Here is an example of one, but there are others too. FYI, I have never used this company and am not affiliated with it in any way. Just thought people would want to know how to cut out the middleman (dentist) and his $400 profit!

Night Guards for protectiong from teeth grinding and clenching. Custom Bite guards lab direct for bruxism

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think it needs to be this special appliance because there are different ones with different size "blocks". They gave me a couple, i started with the small block, and now I am on the medium block. I guess my mouth is getting used to it!

Miette

·
Registered
75 Posts
hi minimiette,

care to tell me where is he based? do you hv contact no ?

Hiya,

I know that there are at least 20 dentists in the UK that do Oralift. I went and saw the inventor of it, Dr Mohindra in London, him and his wife/assistant were lovely!
I got fitted and I am about 1 and a half month in. result already showing, yippee!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Although I don't own the device, I have been to his surgery and have to say I've seen the literature in there and the slideshow he has, and was really impressed with it. I think sometimes journalists can twist things, and from what I read in that article, some things don't sound like Nick, who is a very gentle man and a gem of a dentist, but he's based in Central London, so has Central London prices (which are quite high). I suppose with the price of owning a surgery there, they have to be, but I really would love to be able to afford this device as I bet it would do wonders!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hiya,

Hello Minimette!
What results did you see after having wearing Oralift and how long did it take you to noticed a difference. Could you please tell me how much did you pay please.
Many thanks!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Do you guys ever look at before and after photos and think, "what the fudge am I meant to be seeing here?" Or even more rididuclous, before and after photos in which people are visibly squinting/frowning or stretching out their forehead?

N.B I'm not damning this product, I'm quite interested in it....

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
OK guys, I have booked an appointment to check out the Oralift. TBH I take it with a pinch of salt but who knows? I will most certainly be reporting my findings.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts