Skin Care Talk banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Does the Oralift come with 2 pieces of mouthgard (upper & lower) - I have a upper nightguard from my dentist, perhaps I would ask him to do for my lower - do you think it would help the jaw line if I wear them both at the same time?
The Oralift is just a lower piece. No, it would not help to wear them both at the same time, it would likely over stress the jaw and, if you read back on my posts, my cosmetic derm was not too hot on the idea of mouthguards to stop you grinding at night.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hello Krystalskin, I wonder if you can give us an update? Have you had more progress photographs done? What do you think of the results?
I feel my jaw is 'self conscious' its as if I don't know how to hold it to relax my mouth and I keep thinking about this. It makes sense to me.
Thank you

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I returned to my dentist for more photos and yes I DO see a difference in the musculature of my face. Its not glaring by any means but there is a subtle but pleasing difference there. I am pleased with the device and recommend it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am sorry but I don't see a difference in the before & after photos. Also, the lighting is different between the "before" & "after".

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I don't pay much attention to before and after photos, more often than not they don't seem to make sense. I concentrate on what a product briings to ME. The Oralift photots are really bad! I commented on that myself initially.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hello Krystalskin - I wonder if you're still here?!
I have just had this fitted and I obviously cant see any difference yet, but I can definitely feel a difference! I was becoming more and more concerned that I was clenching my teeth shut a lot of the time, I had huge amounts of tension in my face. Wearing this appliance has made me SO much more aware of my the posture of my mouth - its as though I can control it again. One thing the dentist did say to me, which I'd like to share with everyone, is that we should never have our teeth closed so they are touching, when we eat we should have food between them and even when we swallow they should be apart - I routinely closed my teeth and its just made me more aware and my face is much more relaxed.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Hi there! Yep, I'm still using my Oralift and loving it. Its a huge eye opener what the jaw muscles do for the rest of the face, and also what they can carry in the way of tension. Its made me so much more aware of my clenching! A few months ago I went to see Dr. Nick who pioneered the Oralift (I got the mouthpiece from another dentist and had never met Dr. Nick so wanted to go along and pick his brains.) I think he may have thought I was a reporter or something as he was a little dubious of me turning up and reeling off questions but none the less a very pleasant character. I believe that double blind, peer reviewed studies are underway with the Oralift so it will be very interesting to see what the future holds as one thing is for sure, this little mouthpiece is not a load of nonsense, it has a positive effect. The Oralift is not a facial exerciser but rather a stimulator which stimulates fibroblasts to repair.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Ah I see! Thx Iamme. FlexEffect also has a stretching-the-fibroblasts technique called cross-stretching for collagen and elastin stimulation. http://www.flexeffect.com/

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Sorry! I just got the Email that you had replied Fawnie. Yes, as Iamme says it works on the muscles by causing microscopic tears which in turn stimulate fibroblasts/collagen production. But the duality of the device is also notable in that, by relaxing the jaw and encouraging you to increase your free way space and avoid clenching/grinding, you are also training yourself against behaviours which are ageing on the face and taxing on the teeth over the course of time. What I like about it is that I am now on a routine of two months on and four months off (I think, I've got it in my calendar!) which is pretty untaxing! :) I was dubious about this at first but the inventor of the device explained that it was the healing period (i.e. the months you don't wear it) in which the repair happened. A lot of patients don't like the fact they have to stop wearing it as they, like me, fear it will be time lost but he assured me that it was incredibly important in order to get the best out of the repair period. They tested the device for longer periods of wear and found the ideal schedule for results and apparently 1 hour twice daily every 3rd day for the outlined monthly schedule was as much as was necessary.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all ,I had an Oralift device fitted a few years back .I have to say even then it cost £2,000 .There was never ever any mention of it being just £575.I had it fitted by Nick at his London office.

I had no issues with grinding teeth or dental problems .I just wanted it to make me look younger .I have to say- which you can tell from the photo's on the site- the effects of the Oralift are very slight .I'm not on there by the way !! I was 49 when I got the device .You really have to look close at those pics to see the improvement .I wasn't badly wrinkled but felt time was pulling my face down.I used it faithfully ( when I got mine the amount you wore it was longer ,you could sleep with it in too ) but now it's recommended every third day . I have mixed feelings about it. I think if you want an improvement that's noticeable, you may be better going for something stronger .Two grand is a lot of money !! if your problem is a slack jawline/double chin I doubt you'd get much improvement .I had a bit of a double chin and had lipo on it for £500 in Spain. The best £500 I ever spent .
I hope this helps
best wishes
L.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts