Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,...came across this site by accident when I was googling 'Ella Bache'. I am feeling awful about turning FIFTY FIFTY ??, GOD THAT'S OLD, this year and although I am pretty much a naturalist and have only in the last 5 years started using anything on my face and hair! I have decided to have my first FACIAL!! I have a daugher who won't be seen without makeup, so I can guess what some of you are thinking of me, but hey, a sunscreen moisturiser is about all I have ever used since I am a teenager on my skin, so this is a BIG STEP!! And I had no idea a facial isn't a facial.....I have now discovered there is oxygen, Vit C, acids of all sorts (which sound so dangerous?) and abrasion techniques I would only have thought movie stars do!!! I hope to learn a lot from everyone on this site!!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Welcome diana-just remember age is only a number!!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
HI and welcome Diana59,This site is a veritable fountain of knowledge, which I am sure you will love!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi Diana59, I had an oxygen facial a while back and it was just wonderful. My face felt soft and hydrated.
That said, it doesn't last long but the facial was fun anyway!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Welcome Diana...we have lots of members that don't use cosmetics, you can learn lots here and have a good time!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for welcoming me.
I have already learnt so much from this site. Gailn, I was wondering how long the benefits of an oxygen facial would last ....has anyone heard of/been to an 'Ella Bache' salon? I know it from Europe, hadn't noticed it in Australia till recently, but then I could be wrong.
I don't know whether I should go a 'normal' neighbourly beauty salon at half the price, or try for a renowned more expensive Ella Bache salon for my FIST facial??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome Diana! I'm a newbie too and I think this site is awesome...I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I can see that you are from Oz...so hello from ACT.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi Diana59, when I had the oxygen facial they recommended a course of about 6 treatments to obtain a longer lasting affect. I only had the one and my skin felt better for a week or so. I wasn't prepared to spend the money on any more.
As to going to an Ella Bache salon or another one, I'm not sure.
Hopefully someone else can help you with that question?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hi All,...came across this site by accident when I was googling 'Ella Bache'. I am feeling awful about turning FIFTY FIFTY ??, GOD THAT'S OLD, this year and although I am pretty much a naturalist and have only in the last 5 years started using anything on my face and hair! I have decided to have my first FACIAL!! I have a daugher who won't be seen without makeup, so I can guess what some of you are thinking of me, but hey, a sunscreen moisturiser is about all I have ever used since I am a teenager on my skin, so this is a BIG STEP!! And I had no idea a facial isn't a facial.....I have now discovered there is oxygen, Vit C, acids of all sorts (which sound so dangerous?) and abrasion techniques I would only have thought movie stars do!!! I hope to learn a lot from everyone on this site!!

I agree with Gymrat that age is only a number. It's the years in your age that count!! As far as facials go I would start out with one designed for your skin type. I would definitely choose a salon/spa that is highly recommended. I wouldn't go all out and spend a fortune but I would go for the works!! Get a good deep cleansing/moisturizing facial....it does wonders for the skin and great for the body & soul as well. Then you'll have a fresh slate to work from....great clean moisturized skin!!

Enjoy...and keep us all updated!

·
Registered
419 Posts
sorry...I meant to say it's the LIFE in your years that count not the age in your years

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi ya All!
Yeh I know....."it's the life in the years", "age is only a number", "you are as young as you feel" (and what bullshit that is, you could feel 25 and act 25 BUT YOU'LL NEVER LOOK 25!!)... etc. etc.
but let's face it, no matter how young you feel and how young you look for your age, you are still the number of years you are!!! And I think a woman in her 40's and 50's has more to come to terms with, with her ageing looks than a woman in her 60's, 70's, 80's, because media drums up the fact that younger women are more attractive to men. I presume that by the time you reach your 60's you have had more time to accept the social changes put on you as an "older woman" !!
If that makes any sense!!!
I think I will go in to Ella Bache and get a free consultation first!!
I love Jurlique products but got a bit dubious when I got told the facial cost for 1 hr included a hand massage and mask....if I wanted one of those, I wouldn't be paying for it out of my facial cost.
By the way, was it on this site that someone asked about the Dead See products?

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Hi ya All!
Yeh I know....."it's the life in the years", "age is only a number", "you are as young as you feel" (and what bullshit that is, you could feel 25 and act 25 BUT YOU'LL NEVER LOOK 25!!)... etc. etc.
but let's face it, no matter how young you feel and how young you look for your age, you are still the number of years you are!!!

Wow!!! ok. Tell us how you really feel!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gymrat : I feel and I think I look young but I know that it's all in my mind! And that is what I am finding scary ......
i.e.: When I am chatting to lets say colleague at work same age as my daughters, I realize that I can't deny my age, they see their mother in front of them. OR: I can be chatting to some young good looking guy and I feel as if I am "one of them" and that I "could have a chance if I wanted to" but I am sure if I made a pass at him, he would shudder at the thought of being with an "old woman, his mother's age". I don't want to be riduculous, a mutton dressed up as lamb......where do you draw the line????
Oh well, I suppose I have many years of learning that yet!!!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
gymrat : I feel and I think I look young but I know that it's all in my mind! And that is what I am finding scary ......
i.e.: When I am chatting to lets say colleague at work same age as my daughters, I realize that I can't deny my age, they see their mother in front of them. OR: I can be chatting to some young good looking guy and I feel as if I am "one of them" and that I "could have a chance if I wanted to" but I am sure if I made a pass at him, he would shudder at the thought of being with an "old woman, his mother's age". I don't want to be riduculous, a mutton dressed up as lamb......where do you draw the line????
Oh well, I suppose I have many years of learning that yet!!!
Oh this made me laugh!!!!

Hey at least you are aware of age!! Lord knows there are plenty out there thinking, dressing and acting like they are 25 when they are really .......45 or older!!!

Oh......... if we could only be 21 all over again-

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dear gals....the "IN thing" is not chasing after youth (That's a losing battle)..it is about attaining "Agelessness"...The I'm not sure how old your actual age is but you look damn good thingy? lol

·
Registered
330 Posts
My dear gals....the "IN thing" is not chasing after youth (That's a losing battle)..it is about attaining "Agelessness"...The I'm not sure how old your actual age is but you look damn good thingy? lol
Wholeheartedly agree with you Peanut!

·
Registered
0 Posts
"A man is as old as he feels himself to be." sums it all up.

It is being optimistic that matters, "glass half full" or "glass half empty". Pick your choice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts