Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Perhaps like a few of you, I too have had bad experiences with Cosmetics. Sometimes we presume we are safe with a well known Brand.

Technological advances mean there are constantly new ingredients which are available for trails on us.

Lets exchange views. I am interested to hear from you, if you have problems with allergic reactions, or unhappy with your skin. I have just registered on the site and guess I need to read your comments.

Bye for now.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Welcome! tell us which products did you experience and turned out to be bad?
I did with something called Renaud, that was 30 years ago, so can't recall the exact name but I know there was Renaud in it. You should have seen my face only after one week, it was covered with pimples, I brought back the products to the store, and they couldn't beleive their product did that, I said I had few pimples in my life but never had pimples all over my face that look like acnee.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! tell us which products did you experience and turned out to be bad?
I did with something called Renaud, that was 30 years ago, so can't recall the exact name but I know there was Renaud in it. You should have seen my face only after one week, it was covered with pimples, I brought back the products to the store, and they couldn't beleive their product did that, I said I had few pimples in my life but never had pimples all over my face that look like acnee.
Hello Mariepop, I used Nivea Q10 on my legs. I developed a terrible allergy, my legs were terribly swollen with red blotches the first day. After that the skin developed scales and then started flaking. I had high temperature for 3 days. I have photographs and had taken it up with Nivea who asked for the packaging etc. They also received an award for Q10.
To be frank I have not heard of Renaud. Since it happened 30 years ago, I presume ingredients in cosmetics have changed. That must have been a horrible experience for you, particularly on your face. I hope all is well with you now.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
That was horrible for you! I hope you are well now!
as for me, as soon as I stopped using their products, my skin cleared up the following week! and since I only use on my face organic soap, and finish it with floral water on a cotton. VoilÃ*!

I use a moistarizer called Swiss which has vit E, A, D

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I remember 30 years ago, there was a woman where I worked, and her skin was flawless and we were all intrigue and we asked her regimen, she was only usin Nivea. As you say in 30 years, they say they have improved their products, if I understand, they only adding more chemicals!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
[/URL]
Thank you. Interesting profile and comment. Would you like to elaborate on the serum and SPF that perhaps you can recommend!!
The vitamin C serum is a DIY recipe that I got HERE.
I tweaked it a bit but follow it roughly.

I like European sunscreens like Bioderma Photoderm or Avene, since they contain stabilizers like tinosorb and mexoryl that protect the chemicals from breaking down in the sun and forming free radicals on your skin.

What products do you like?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello! I am a super newbie and this is my first post.

When I was 23 I tried Arbonne products to help with mild acne. I don't know if I was allergic to it or not but my face broke out (and stayed that way). I now have worse acne than I did when I was a teenager! By the way, I am almost 28 now.

Also, a few months ago I tried some essential oils that my sister was using and had a bad bad bad reaction to an oil called Thieves (a mix of a few different essential oils). I had been using it for almost a month with good results in increased circulation and cleaner pores, when one day I used it and my face broke out in a HORRIFIC rash. The hives turned to blisters and the blisters turned to severe dry skin. My skin is usually a total oil slick so I was worried about using a heavy moisturizing during this unfortunate incident but it was so bad I had to use Vaseline Clinical Strength lotion! LOTION! The rash burned and itched and I couldn't go anywhere for almost 2 weeks! Really, it was that bad. My sister continues to use it with no problems, naturally.

After all that trouble, I have decided to go back to my old favorite skin care ritual. I have been using Erno Laszlo 3:00 Extremely Oily Ritual for less than a week and my skin has improved significantly. I have a good friend whose mother-in-law has used Erno Laszlo for over ten years and her skin is ridiculously gorgeous. I tried it a few years ago when I first met her but had to stop because the products are VERY expensive. Luckily, you can now find most of the products on e-Bay for a fraction of the price you would pay on their website or at Nordstrom's. As long as you don't mind getting some things in travel sizes, it's totally worth it! I got everything I needed on e-Bay for $55 and some change and the Erno Laszlo website was selling it for $198 (eek!)

I went to their website, answered their skin type questions, got their recommendation, and then went to e-Bay and ordered it all. I got everything for half price or better and on one thing I got twice as much product for one quarter of the retail price. Once I compared the sizes and did the math, I saved almost 75%. The only downside is that Erno Laszlo Heavy Controlling Lotion is difficult to find on e-Bay, so if you have extremely oily skin it can be frustrating.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I am very happy with what I have now and with a little luck, I hope to look 40 when I'm 58 like my friend's mother-in-law. Y'all should see her neck, it's the most beautiful 58 year old neck sans surgery ever EVER. This is starting to sound like a commercial but I highly recommend it!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi and welcome heavensent. Yes I 've had bouts of skin irratation as well. Every time I would apply sunblock. The only one sofar that I've found that works ON ME is Vichy spf 30. I tried it last yr and just kept on with it once I found that I didn't break out.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Hi there Heavensent (nice name!). One of my skin care no-nos was a free sample of Dove bodywash with exfoliating 'beads'. It is a creamy white bodywash with little blue 'pebbles' in it. It smelled lovely BUT it left me red, irritated & itchier than 1000 mosquito bites!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts