Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so i was drunk and walked into my friend's sliding glass door where the screen was covering it. i must have hit it pretty hard and scraped against the screen a bit because i cut my skin right on the bridge of my nose (between the eyes) and my forehead was cut with a linear, horizontal abrasion. i didn't think much of it so i put a bandaid on it the next day (and the only day) while the wound was starting to heal. after a couple days the wound had closed up and i didn't put anything on it, thinking it was just an "on-the-surface" abrasion and that it would heal up pretty quickly and on its own.

well it's been exactly one month now and i still have a darkened, bruise-looking spot right on the bridge of my nose and the forehead scar is still present (also darkened, brownish.) I'm starting to regret not having treated it earlier (and walking into a glass door of course.) I just ordered some MEDscar for $100 and hope that it helps. anyone else have any bridge-of-the-nose injuries like mine? how long did they take to heal?

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Eeewww for a $100 I hope it does more than fix your scar!!
Looking back you should have put neosporin on it right away, not to mention take it easy on the alcohol intake-

Here is something you could try as well. Guaranteed to be cheaper than MEDscar-

NEOSPORINÂae Scar Solution

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Let us know how this MEDscar turns out to be! there is also Aloes Vera, $7 a tube, but probably too late to use this

·
Registered
412 Posts
I use the drug store brand scar gel and I notice it works pretty well. Scars from picking at ingrown hairs after shaving, picking pimples, ect. Also sunscreen to protect the area from darkening. Never would I spend $100 on any skin care product. No way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would get your money back! The MEDscar company seems very suspicious since they do not publish anything about who they are. There is no phone number, no address, nothing. I really find it amazing that some people will just give their money away to anyone with a website. The same "company" makes another product called MEDliten which is also looks very suspicious.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well one bottle of the stuff's $49, but i went with the buy two get one free at $100. i know it sounds like a lot, but i'm desperate at this point. it may not be too late to get a refund, but what other product works well? i've heard a few things about mederma for scars... anyone know if that's any good? i basically found a site that rated all the products known for this purpose and it ranked medscar up there at the top. it's silicone-based and that seems to be one of the advantages of its use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
well one bottle of the stuff's $49, but i went with the buy two get one free at $100. i know it sounds like a lot, but i'm desperate at this point. it may not be too late to get a refund, but what other product works well? i've heard a few things about mederma for scars... anyone know if that's any good? i basically found a site that rated all the products known for this purpose and it ranked medscar up there at the top. it's silicone-based and that seems to be one of the advantages of its use.
Those "ranking" websites are run by the companies that sell the products. You got taken... demand your money back before it's too late.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Be careful what site you are going to for reviews. (I use Makeupalley) More times than not, it is the actual company posting that their product is the best. Meaning if you saw Medscar high on the rating list, it was probably a Medscar site. There are so many ways to trick a person into buying their products you really have to be careful not to fall for it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Natural and safe ingredients known to lighten such scars are vitamin C and liquorice. Also kojic acid and hydroquinone are but there are side effects involved as recent studies pointed out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay well it's been two years and I didn't think people were even still reading this post. Update: it healed up completely within a few months. No creams or potions or anything needed. Just the skin's natural resilience. Thanks for reading!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts