Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please tell me guys....all the ones i have seen make you look orange...

i want one that actually looks naturally darker/browner...

any thoughts? Im concerned mostly about tanning my face

·
Registered
419 Posts
Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanning works best for me. It gives me a warm bronze glow and it smells good too.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
This post was from 10:54 yesterday.....think they went to walmart already?

I have used both L'Oreal Sublime and Clarins. Both work great.

·
Registered
419 Posts
you guys are too funny!!

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
I live in the Yukon Territory in Canada. We go to Alaska frequently, actually Skagway, Alaska is only a 2 hour drive.
So is it 24 days in Alaska or 24 hour nights? I would hate that part. December is when it is 24 hour nights isn't it?

·
Registered
209 Posts
So is it 24 days in Alaska or 24 hour nights? I would hate that part. December is when it is 24 hour nights isn't it?
Actually,during the summer we do have pretty much 24 hour sun but now it is getting dark around 10:00 p.m. and daylight around 5:00 a.m. At mid-December daylight hits around 10 am and night hits around 3:00. It is very short lived though as in January we have daylight from around 8:00 am to 5:00 then it just gets better and better. It has it moments I tell you. That is why my husband and I go on a cruise in February - by the time we are coming back spring is here. Thank God!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Oh yeah. I knew that. heheh. No, I didn't!!

So what is it like way up there anyway??? Bears and wild animals all over? Do you hunt and fish?
It is absolutely lovely. Yes, we have lots of bears, moose, etc. I will often see fox going through our subdivision in the winter with their babies.

We don't fish or hunt but lots do. Tons of tourists come north to go on hunting expeditions.

My husband and I love animals too much to kill anything. Come visit, it is an experience!!

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Actually,during the summer we do have pretty much 24 hour sun but now it is getting dark around 10:00 p.m. and daylight around 5:00 a.m. At mid-December daylight hits around 10 am and night hits around 3:00. It is very short lived though as in January we have daylight from around 8:00 am to 5:00 then it just gets better and better. It has it moments I tell you. That is why my husband and I go on a cruise in February - by the time we are coming back spring is here. Thank God!!
Oh that is a great idea! Kind of like we go on vacation June July or August, when it is the hottest here. Otherwise it is just too miserable.

The things we gotta do for happiness, I tell ya-

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Wow..... in mid-Dec you only have daylite from 10a to 3p? Weird!
Have you ever seen the movie "Insomnia" ???

I think I would get very disoriented. And have to take a cruise, as you say!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
209 Posts
For sure, you leave because of heat and we leave seeking it, lol. Last winter was terrible, -50 at times. We left for 4 weeks and came back when it was over. I was raised in the north so the darkness doesn't bother me but I know the darkness does get to a lot of people. It is the cold that gets to me now.

·
Registered
209 Posts
MINUS 50????? Ya that's cold now!!! How in the world do you stay warm? I cannot imagine!
It isn't pleasant!!! Go to work and then home and stay put. When we were away last year the power went out in the City and they had to rotate it around for 3 days until they could get it back on otherwise everyones house would have frozen. I was so happy we were away.

It normally doesn't get that cold for very long but last winter it lasted about 3 weeks straight and then off and on. The planes even stopped flying in for a week!! When you are young it isn't so bad but when you get older I really like it a bit warmer, lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts