Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has tried please let me know, I am using The Premier and Dr. Wexler thus far they work. I guess I am wondering if thes products are better for my skin.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Vanessa,
I have used many of Perricone's products and found them to be *meh*. Expensive silicone is my impression. You can find them @ TJMaxx occasionally at a big markdown. The Active Tinted Moisturizer was a real disappointment....active, HOW? It had a measly amount of sunscreen is the only "active" I could find, and a chemical one at that! Ugly colors. The treatment products are, as I said, mostly silicone, which is pretty cheap.

Olay Regenerist has better products and more reasonably priced IMO.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hi: I have tried his products in the past, ordered a bunch of them, nothing really impressive, I used them for about 1 month, no change in my skin. Maybe you need to use them longer, but I did not repurchased, too expensive.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I spent a LOT LOT LOT of money when I first got the book and went out and tried the basics, am pm and skin corrective lines..."UNDERwhelming" to say the least. I even ate a ton of salmon until I just thought I would start swimming upstream...no avail....I believe in some of his concepts, just didn't think it came across in the lines...

I'd save yer dough, in that case...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Has any one used Perricone with great results?

I have to admit the woman who hocks his stuff on QVC is very annoying, but she has great skin. I wonder how old she is?

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Has any one used Perricone with great results?

I have to admit the woman who hocks his stuff on QVC is very annoying, but she has great skin. I wonder how old she is?
She also fails to mention she uses tretinoin I bet....lol.....or has had surgery maybe???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Vanessa,
I have used many of Perricone's products and found them to be *meh*. Expensive silicone is my impression. You can find them @ TJMaxx occasionally at a big markdown. The Active Tinted Moisturizer was a real disappointment....active, HOW? It had a measly amount of sunscreen is the only "active" I could find, and a chemical one at that! Ugly colors. The treatment products are, as I said, mostly silicone, which is pretty cheap.

Olay Regenerist has better products and more reasonably priced IMO.
I was told once to NEVER buy beauty products or perfums from places like TJ Max and Ross because the stuff has sat in hot warehouses for however long. The potency could be greatly reduced, and perfume could smell bad. And you wont lnow until you buy it!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was told once to NEVER buy beauty products or perfums from places like TJ Max and Ross because the stuff has sat in hot warehouses for however long. The potency could be greatly reduced, and perfume could smell bad. And you wont lnow until you buy it!
Couldn't you say that about any mass supplier though? I mean, products sold in "better department stores" or even in small, exclusive boutiques came from a warehouse somewhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
True that stuff comes from warehouses, but the sell-outs at Ross and wherever have sat for A LONG TIME. That's why they are being sold at those stores. Always check a expiration date.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Checking expiration dates is wise. But I don't know how many cosmetic products are stamped with them the way food is. One might have to call the manufacturer with the lot # to find out exactly when the product was made.

I wouldn't necessarily believe something on "discount" was old, because huge companies often buy overstock from manufacturers at a discount and pass that on to customers undercut their competitors. Non-discount stores do this all the time. Buying cosmetics is pretty much a crap shoot anyway. What might work for someone, may not work at all for someone else.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I used most of his stuff for a few years. I got tired of spending too much $ so now looking for products on my own that works.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Tried a few of his products...not impressed at all.
Tried tinted moisturizer a year ago and it made me break out. Tried Perricone MD Neuropeptide Firming Moisturizer and it seemed to sit on my skin rather than be absorbed. Too expensive and not too impressive at all!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Tried a few of his products...not impressed at all.
Tried tinted moisturizer a year ago and it made me break out. Tried Perricone MD Neuropeptide Firming Moisturizer and it seemed to sit on my skin rather than be absorbed. Too expensive and not too impressive at all!
Is that the one that's over $200? Amazing people will pay that much for iffy products.
I agree with Fawnie.....his diet advice is good.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
It's crazy! Ppl think that if (a) a DOCTOR (could be a PhD, could be a gynecologist...who knows) sells it; (b) it's expensive; (c) it comes in clinical-looking packaging...it must be good! Websites like this are debunking all that and we are finding out just what really works.
Sisters (and brothers) are doin it for themselves!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
419 Posts
I got a sample so I didn't pay the expensive price (it's about 200.00 a jar) Wasn't impressed at all because it didn't blend well. It just sat on my face..no absorption at all!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I got a sample so I didn't pay the expensive price (it's about 200.00 a jar) Wasn't impressed at all because it didn't blend well. It just sat on my face..no absorption at all!
Yeah, and I bet the majority of the ingredients on the label ended in 'cone!! A good thing for filling in lines and forming a barrier on the skin, but doesn't really do anything actively. The ingredients don't justify the prices.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I was watching one of the home shopping shows that had Perricone products. His spokeswoman would never really talk about ingredients....she kept saying over and over and over"This will give you better radiance, smoothness, elasticity....blah...blah...blah..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts