Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iheard taking lightening pills (l-glutathione & vitamin C) are better absorbed in the morning.. with food.. my problem is idont eat in the morning (
) but iwant all the benefits of the pills..

soo when do some of yall take your supplements and what do yu eat with it? ithink ican scarf down a pickle with it

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I was watching you to see if you made it here
. I never saw anyone posts that fast!

Amino's I read should be taken on an empty stomach or between meals.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was watching you to see if you made it here
. I never saw anyone posts that fast!

Amino's I read should be taken on an empty stomach or between meals.

the off topic section made it easy to get to 15 posts
lol

& youre the first person to tell me it should be taken on an empty stomach
lol is this what yu do?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
it depends on what you are taking. If you are taking vitamins and omega -3's (fish oil) it is best to take with food. It is better assimilated by your body. I've found taking them as early in the day as possible is best: well, for me, anyway. If I take them too late in the day, I can't sleep at night. As for the amino's, best taken on an empty stomach - they are absorbed by the body more quickly.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it depends on what you are taking. If you are taking vitamins and omega -3's (fish oil) it is best to take with food. It is better assimilated by your body. I've found taking them as early in the day as possible is best: well, for me, anyway. If I take them too late in the day, I can't sleep at night. As for the amino's, best taken on an empty stomach - they are absorbed by the body more quickly.
im waitin on my flaxseed oil pills to arrive, so ill be taking those soon. but would yu consider l-glutathione or vitamin c pills an amino 0_o

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
l-glutathione is an amino acid (anti-oxidant), the C is a vit. it is water soluable, and really can be taken any time. I take mine with the rest on the "gang" after I get around to eating something in the am.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Boookie, this is the way I take mine too, it works best for me this way. I split mine up between meals. If I take like 500mg of something I split between breakfast and lunch or lunch and supper.

The reason behind taking the Amino's away from food is because Protein makes it so you don't absorb as much. Whether this is true, I do it this way just incase.
If you take calcium, take no more than 500mg at once because the body can't absorb more than that, so split it up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Boookie, this is the way I take mine too, it works best for me this way. I split mine up between meals. If I take like 500mg of something I split between breakfast and lunch or lunch and supper.

The reason behind taking the Amino's away from food is because Protein makes it so you don't absorb as much. Whether this is true, I do it this way just incase.
If you take calcium, take no more than 500mg at once because the body can't absorb more than that, so split it up.
the only calcium i get is if its in juice
lol but splitting up the pills sound like a good idea:) so help me understand though: do you literally cut the pill or do you just take the whole thing before you eat? these are 250 mg but i take a total of 2-3 pills so thats about 500-750 mg total..

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
just take 1 or 2 of them with your meal - you don't need to cut them. You are funny
and i meant that in a good way!!!

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
the only calcium i get is if its in juice
lol but splitting up the pills sound like a good idea:) so help me understand though: do you literally cut the pill or do you just take the whole thing before you eat? these are 250 mg but i take a total of 2-3 pills so thats about 500-750 mg total..
I have capsules and each one is 250mg. I'll take one in the morning since I get calcium from my yogurt, 2 at noon, and 2 at supper. I have early osteoporosis so I need around 1,500mg a day.

If that's your total 750mg for the day then take 2-250mg a.m. then the other 250 some other time of the day.

Juice really isn't really a good way to get calcium. You'd be better off with cheese, yogurt, or some other form of dairy. Take care of those bones

1 - 13 of 13 Posts