Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im new here

Name is Patrick, I am 16 years old and I want to deal with acne scarring that is already starting a bit. I used to have very bad acne and redness everywhere, so I ask my sister to buy some soup for me.. she bought some organic Tea tree soup and also told me to go to the clinic and use Clindoxyl Gel. Around the temples and on my back i have a lot of redness and scarring started to occur. My routine is wash face with soup morning and before bed, and use the gel if I get a breakout and on my temples. I work out a lot, it has helped with whiteheads and nothing else. I go to sleep around 10:00 - 10:30 and wake up at 6:50 for school. I eat healthy and rarely eat junk food.

I really want to find a way to clear up my redness and at least tone down my breakouts. I realize i am still growing and hormones are messing about with my skin but i still feel i can prevent the nasty stuff.
Here are some pics of temples, back and shoulders.

i72.photobucket.com/albums/i162/Malkith817/IMG_1404.jpg

i72.photobucket.com/albums/i162/Malkith817/IMG_1407.jpg

i72.photobucket.com/albums/i162/Malkith817/IMG_1414.jpg

i72.photobucket.com/albums/i162/Malkith817/IMG_1415.jpg

Any advise is appreciated

·
Registered
412 Posts
Have you gone to see a dermatologist for your skin conditions?
I have been struggling with acne and acne scarring for years and have tried almost everything from infomercial products to prescriptions and topical treatments. For the past week ive been using Retin-A .05% and it has worked wonders for me. i stopped taking antiobiotics for the past month, and with just this cream by skin has never looked better. Acne has disappeared and my skin has a glow. Its a presciption medication that is made for acne..although u can find some online pharmacies out of the U.S. that will send it to you. The downside of it is that in the beginning it will make ur acne worse bc its bringing out all the deep acne out of ur skin and it causes dryness. You might want to look into it..maybe even start out with a lower percentage like .025!

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Thats exactly the type of acne I had, and it is easily and I mean very easily curable. That type of acne is a result of a lack of exfoliation. You need to exfoliate with any of the following products u wish:
1. salicylic acid 2 to 5% liquid exfoliator from skincarecentral.biz.
2. Retin-A 0.025%-0.1% from [email protected] or alldaychemist.com
3. Microfiber Cleansing Cloth from ncnproskincare.com

In addition to these, you also need a good toner to further helps bring out dirt and dead skin cells and you need a good sunscreen for your redness.

You would also greatly benefit from having facials done at the spa or anywhere b/c these look like clogged pores as well that needs to come out.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Using topical solutions and/or creams are only a temporary fix to acne. Acne is an outward clue that something is going on, on the inside of our bodies. What is this something you ask? Toxicity! You say you are eating healthy but are you? Do you consume hydrogenated oils (otherwise known as trans fats?) Do you eat dairy? Do you eat wheat? Do you eat soy? Do you consume a lot of gluten?

Dairy (milk,cheese, etc.) contain hormones, every cow has hormones and then topple that with the additional hormones being injected into the cows so they can produce even more milk and then add your hormones to the mix and what do you get? ACNE........because what is the main culprit of acne? You guessed it HORMONES. So you're not helping the situation by eating dairy AT ALL. Plus are you eating any raw foods at all? Such as vegetables and fruits or do you eat a lot of processed foods? Processed foods like deli meats contain sodium nitrates and that causes acne as well. The more crap that's listed on an ingredients list, the worse it is for you! Stick with whole foods and rid yourself of the following: dairy, wheat, white flour (use brown rice flour and eat millet or brown rice flour bread, no white bread!!!), soy, gluten, all preservatives including sodium nitrates.

You need to work on your insides to improve the look on your outside. The only oils you should be consuming is UNREFINED coconut oil (organic if you can) and extra virgin olive oil. If you are going to fry anything you can use just olive oil and only at medium heat any higher than that and you will mutate the triglyceride chains in the oil making it toxic. Use the Extra virgin for cold foods (salads etc.) You can also fry in the coconut oil as well. Stay away from vegetable oil, canola oil (canola oil is a genetically manufactured oil made in Canada, hence it's name Can-ola, from the mustard seed plant which is rapeseed, it's highly highly toxic and can cause severe stomach cramping and or nausea as well as diarrhea, canola oil is used in pesticides just to give you an idea of how toxic it is! Also stay away from cottonseed oil. Soy oil is not good for you but can be tolerated if need be. Sunflower and Safflower oil is "okay" but not not the best either. Walnut oil can be used as well.

Topicals can be used to help surface bacteria (hydrogen peroxide helps with bacteria) Salyicylic acid is great for inflammation of a pimple.

Good luck and if you follow the correct diet I guarantee you will see results!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hows it going Patrick?

Well as your 16, most doctors etc will tell you to stay on the prescribed treatments, even if they are not working! A pretty sh***y time to get acne, i started getting it around that age ... now 19, still got acne but is improving.

Well i just posted a reply on another thread basically outlining some of my experiences and a couple tips etc i think could be worth a read.

But if not, fella i suggest you ask your dermatologist to give you acne pills, wish i could give you a name but i can't remember it lol They take a little while to start showing visible signs of improvements but they really are worth it!

For your face, i think you are washing the right amount ... only once or twice a day, and remember to moisturize, you have got to keep the healthy and natural fats and oils in your skin. Best of luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you gone to see a dermatologist for your skin conditions?
I have been struggling with acne and acne scarring for years and have tried almost everything from infomercial products to prescriptions and topical treatments. For the past week ive been using Retin-A .05% and it has worked wonders for me. i stopped taking antiobiotics for the past month, and with just this cream by skin has never looked better. Acne has disappeared and my skin has a glow. Its a presciption medication that is made for acne..although u can find some online pharmacies out of the U.S. that will send it to you. The downside of it is that in the beginning it will make ur acne worse bc its bringing out all the deep acne out of ur skin and it causes dryness. You might want to look into it..maybe even start out with a lower percentage like .025!
hey hii...even m using it retino-a .05 ....it waz working very well....d only thing iz dat it makes d skin 2 dry ...so nw it is not suiting me only....i waz using it since 6 to 7 months...now wen ever i try 2 start it again ...m helpless since it leads 2 dry ness n therefore i hv 2 ultimately stop....bt ppl its very effective...go 4 it

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey hii...even m using it retino-a .05 ....it waz working very well....d only thing iz dat it makes d skin 2 dry ...so nw it is not suiting me only....i waz using it since 6 to 7 months...now wen ever i try 2 start it again ...m helpless since it leads 2 dry ness n therefore i hv 2 ultimately stop....bt ppl its very effective...go 4 it
also sum ppl have told dat it leads 2 wrinkles in early age?...is it so????

·
Registered
1 Posts
No, that is not so, retin-A is used to treat wrinkles and scarring. Who told you that?Additionally, if you use it you will want to choose a sun-block for sensitive skin, which will help with the drying (with no oil or fragrance) I'm 27 and I NEVER had acne until 2 years ago, and retin-A has really helped. In the winter however, I started using Neaclear acne wash, toner and lotion instead of retin-A because you are right it does seem to dry you out really bad. It keeps my skin from getting so dry and it tones down all the redness that the scars cause. It also contains a fair amount of salicylic acid which promotes exfoliation, and it helps slough off the dead skin and eventually almost all my scars are gone. Adapalene also seems to work pretty well for prevention, most MD's use with the peroxides, mostly at night. Talk to your md about adding some of these treatments. If all else fails tricycline is the anti-biotic of choice, but it has some dangerous perameters for liver levels, so they may want to monitor your blood work.
Also, the diet stuff may be true, but you know I've tried everything including all organic vegan diets low in LDL's and no high fructose cornsyrup and you know what? I just got really skinny and crapped a lot. My acne didn't change for 6 months. I still eat healthy, I just had to change my skin products.
Acne, adult acne for me, is a medical issue and it is the imbalance of hormones that cause the problem. Keeping your skin free of dead cells and debris will keep the pores from clogging and creating that nasty bump that you can never seem to pop. And you always want to make sure that before and after your workout, your face should be clean.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ye but start Retin-A 0.025% because its really strong and then go up the percents. That is what im doing. I just finished takin Accutane for 7 months and now the doctor gave me Adaferin o.1% but it was too strong for my skin because i just finished Accutane and those antibiotics make the skin really thin and sensitive. But now im Using Ret -Avit 0.025%. its the same as Adaferin and Retin-A Exept im in Israel at the moment and they have different companies. Good luck
Also detox once or twise a year and that will show really good results.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ye but start Retin-A 0.025% because its really strong and then go up the percents. That is what im doing. I just finished takin Accutane for 7 months and now the doctor gave me Adaferin o.1% but it was too strong for my skin because i just finished Accutane and those antibiotics make the skin really thin and sensitive. But now im Using Ret -Avit 0.025%. its the same as Adaferin and Retin-A Exept im in Israel at the moment and they have different companies. Good luck
Also detox once or twise a year and that will show really good results.
Try Accutane. Talk to your Dr. about this. I was on it and it cleared my skin up
unbelievebly.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I could not open your pictures, but until you have tried all the other stuff, don't do the anti-biotics. I had great results with hydroxy peels. I tried different types, and found a combination of salicylic and lactic works best for me, and really good for acne prone skin. Seaweed extract really helped my skin too, it sort of calmed and normalized my skin, and nourishes.

You are young, these things will change within a couple of years, and you probably don't want the side effects of the harshest treatments. At 16 skin is very resilient, and scarring often heals completely. Severe acne that last many years into your 20's are harder to treat, but most acne heals just fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by silkysmooth

Yeah Accutane is pretty good, but PLEASE talk to your doctor. My wife used it about 10 years or so ago. She had acne real bad... scarring too... and Accutane REALLY helped. There are some side effects involved, so this is why its VERY important that you consult your Dr. Pregnancy is the biggest to avoid, as the Accutane could/would cause serious birth defects (for any ladies that may be "on the fence" about Accutane).

About birth defects, ye especially if you are on it and you get pregnant and 6 months after it. To be safe just wait a year or so before getting pregnant.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Patrick,

I have been researching about acne for my new project. I had a doctor saying that the real and primary cause of acne is due to unwanted impurities, chemicals and other toxins in the blood. Try any of the blood purifier tonics available out there. It should really help. All the Best !

Other tips :

Sleep well, eat a lot of fruits, quit smoking,minimize alcohol consumption and make sure you don't get stressed often. Find a way to relax and de-stress your self.

Thanks,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts