Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I need help with what I suspect to be hormonal acne. I have always had acne prone skin since my teens but it started clearing when i got into my 20s. About two years ago I had a terrible break out on my jaw, neck, chest an back which hasn't really cleared.Now I get breakouts often which have left my back, chest and lower face covered in dark marks. I have tried going back to creams that I have used in the past but nothing seems to work. I have avoided products that could potentially lighten me because I don't want to escalate the situation .
I am open to any recommendations at this point because I don't know how to manage my skin at this point.

Attachments

·
Administrator
33,639 Posts
Haven't see you posting in a very long time!! Welcome back :wavey:you had a thread started a few years ago, but my advice still remains the same, but I will also add, if you can find Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash, with 2% salicylic acid this will help. Also if your still using Tea Tree Oil, stop, it will only aggravate things. The other thing I recommend for the body is Head & Shoulders, use it like you would body wash. The zinc pyrithione in Head N Shoulders kills bacteria, therefore, its GREAT for body acne. Just a few things to try, and read through your previous thread you might see a few other things. But do try the body wash, I truly believe it will help you a ton!!

https://www.skincaretalk.com/showthread.php/40639-Just-about-giving-up!Help!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi gymrat,
Thank you for your response. It has been a long time since I posted on here;for a while I thought I had finally found a solution to my acne but then I started breaking out again. It could be the tea tree maybe,I have consistently used since I last posted on here. I did use the Neutrogena body clear wash and it did help,I just haven't found it in any of the Pharmacies here. I will have to order online. Are there supplements and cream that you can recommend for me to use the wash? And also, did you mean the Head and Shoulders shampoo?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts