Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
It could be allergies to food or something you are using on your hair.
Make sure to shampoo every day and not use occlusive products like pomade and hairspray while you have an outbreak.
Try an SLS-free shampoo - there are lots of them now!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have you tried tea tree shampoo? Tea tree is good for acne and inflammation, and it's antibacterial aswell. Paul Mitchell does a range of tea tree hair products, not the cheapest products but at least they are really good quality, and tea tree shampoo is known to be good for scalp problems..

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Try adding a few drops of lavender oil in your regular hair oil and then apply to hair and scalp. I have found it relieves scalp itchiness.. maybe it can help scalp acne too.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Have you tried tea tree shampoo? Tea tree is good for acne and inflammation, and it's antibacterial aswell. Paul Mitchell does a range of tea tree hair products, not the cheapest products but at least they are really good quality, and tea tree shampoo is known to be good for scalp problems..
Hi Applegirl,

Would applying tea tree oil to the hair and scalp be a good idea? I have never used tea tree oil on my hair.. just a thought if it would be as effective as using shampoos containing this oil..

thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Applegirl,

Would applying tea tree oil to the hair and scalp be a good idea? I have never used tea tree oil on my hair.. just a thought if it would be as effective as using shampoos containing this oil..

thanks.
Hi Pumi,

Maybe you could try it, I have actually been reading quite a lot about aromatherapy, and if you want to try it I would recommend diluting the tea tree oil first either in warm water or carrier oil (almond, grapeseed, jojoba etc., this might make a nice moisture treatment for the hair aswell, just shampoo properly after it)
You should never apply pure essential oil straight to the skin or scalp, they are very potent and in worse cause scenario can cause irritation, even if the oil has very soothing qualities..
Anyway, I would think that it could do the same thing than using tea tree shampoo, might even be more effective..? You can find quite a lot of information about aromatherapy if you google it, and propably find a lot of different hair rince recipes.. Could try using tea tree oil and for example rosemary oil together, rosemary is also known to have beneficial qualities for hair and scalp and it apparently makes your hair shiny aswell

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Thanks for replying, Applegirl. You're rite abt diluting essential oils as they are too strong. I love reading abt aromatheraply also
It is such an intriguing subject isnt it? Most essential oils have lots of benefits but I've only used rose oil and lavender oil. Love both of them but I will definitely try the rosemary oil & tea tree oil u recommended. Hopefully, my hair will get shinier.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Pumi,

Aromatherapy is really interesting, I've been reading a book called The Fragrant Pharmacy by Valerie Ann Worwood, it has a lot of information about oils and their uses from beauty things to pet remedies, and simple home recipes to try. Don't know if you've read it? I recommend

Hope you have fun trying the tea tree & rosemary treatment! Tell if it made a difference
Just thought about trying chamomile rince or something on my hair, it should enhance highlights and moisturise naturally

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hi Pumi,

Aromatherapy is really interesting, I've been reading a book called The Fragrant Pharmacy by Valerie Ann Worwood, it has a lot of information about oils and their uses from beauty things to pet remedies, and simple home recipes to try. Don't know if you've read it? I recommend

Hope you have fun trying the tea tree & rosemary treatment! Tell if it made a difference
Just thought about trying chamomile rince or something on my hair, it should enhance highlights and moisturise naturally
I have not read this book but will definitely look for it now
thanks. I completely agree with you aromatherapy is vast and interesting. I love reading about natural ways to treat ourselves whether healthwise or skincarewise. I will for sure keep you posted on my tea tree & rosemary treatment. I can't wait really
I have seen many shamppo contains chamomille but I believe they are suitable for blond hair only. I won't be able to use chamomille oil on my hair as I have got dark brown hair but hey pls let me knw hw it goes for u, applegirl

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have not read this book but will definitely look for it now
thanks. I completely agree with you aromatherapy is vast and interesting. I love reading about natural ways to treat ourselves whether healthwise or skincarewise. I will for sure keep you posted on my tea tree & rosemary treatment. I can't wait really
I have seen many shamppo contains chamomille but I believe they are suitable for blond hair only. I won't be able to use chamomille oil on my hair as I have got dark brown hair but hey pls let me knw hw it goes for u, applegirl
Cool

I'll tell when I've done some experiments

·
Registered
13 Posts
For acne on the scalp try a scalp treatment like from Phyto or Renee Furterer. It helps balance out the ph and cleanses the scalp from build up. It promotes healthy hair growth.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Use a shampoo containing neem oil or neem extract. Neem is an antiseptic and antibacterial and will help cure acne on scalp but you need to stick to this regimen for some time to see results.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts